• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 11

Started by Shadow.97, June 17, 2021, 03:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on November 03, 2022, 07:18 PMActually I always had Physx set to GPU and max settings in Batman games but recent driver 44x.xx started seeing choppy FPS drops with Physx and CPU usage was pegged at 100% for no reason, I tried ancient drivers from MSFT update and it doesn't ship with PhysX and had used newer control panel and driver fixes which didn't have FPS drop or choppiness. So, I decided to uninstall PhysX and perf is similar to MSFT nvidia driver. Also, I enabled low latency mode which reduced micro-stutters on DCH driver I had been facing for past year or so.

I ran DDU and NVCleaninstall with no issues. Based on what everybody says I didn't install the PhysX driver. The NVidia control Panel's PhysX tab gives you the option of that to do with PhysX. The choices are either Auto, GPU, or CPU. I selected CPU. I guess if I had installed the driver I would have just left it at Auto. That way the game isn't forced to go to the GPU for PhyX and any only old games can use the GPU.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on November 06, 2022, 03:08 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on November 03, 2022, 07:18 PMActually I always had Physx set to GPU and max settings in Batman games but recent driver 44x.xx started seeing choppy FPS drops with Physx and CPU usage was pegged at 100% for no reason, I tried ancient drivers from MSFT update and it doesn't ship with PhysX and had used newer control panel and driver fixes which didn't have FPS drop or choppiness. So, I decided to uninstall PhysX and perf is similar to MSFT nvidia driver. Also, I enabled low latency mode which reduced micro-stutters on DCH driver I had been facing for past year or so.

I ran DDU and NVCleaninstall with no issues. Based on what everybody says I didn't install the PhysX driver. The NVidia control Panel's PhysX tab gives you the option of that to do with PhysX. The choices are either Auto, GPU, or CPU. I selected CPU. I guess if I had installed the driver I would have just left it at Auto. That way the game isn't forced to go to the GPU for PhyX and any only old games can use the GPU.
If you installed nvidia physx it should run off nvidia gpu now it will fallback to cpu mode.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on November 08, 2022, 06:26 PMIf you installed nvidia physx it should run off nvidia gpu now it will fallback to cpu mode.

That's what I think. As I see it, Auto Select (recommended) is the way to go. The app gets to pick the CPU or GPU, whichever is more favorable.

scarface

Im currently working in Lyon but a New version of windows 11 could be available tonight on the forum.

scarface

It seems the new win11 I made is corrupt. New releases are postponed...for now.
The October editions are still available in this topic if nothing new is released.

humbert

Quote from: humbert on November 06, 2022, 03:08 AMI ran DDU and NVCleaninstall with no issues. Based on what everybody says I didn't install the PhysX driver. The NVidia control Panel's PhysX tab gives you the option of that to do with PhysX. The choices are either Auto, GPU, or CPU. I selected CPU. I guess if I had installed the driver I would have just left it at Auto. That way the game isn't forced to go to the GPU for PhyX and any only old games can use the GPU.

I received the RTX-3060. It seems NvCleanstall isn't advanced enough to perform a driver and software installation on newer graphics cards. I tried NvCleanstall online and offline and in both cases it would just freeze up in the middle of the installation. I had to double-click NVidia's file directly to get the job done. I noticed that when you click Custom Installation it too gives you the option of installing what you want. I chose drivers, PhysX, and audio while leaving out Experience and everything else. It even gives you the option of performing a clean installation. I chose that too. It's almost as if you don't even need NvCleanstall.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on November 11, 2022, 01:22 AM
Quote from: humbert on November 06, 2022, 03:08 AMI ran DDU and NVCleaninstall with no issues. Based on what everybody says I didn't install the PhysX driver. The NVidia control Panel's PhysX tab gives you the option of that to do with PhysX. The choices are either Auto, GPU, or CPU. I selected CPU. I guess if I had installed the driver I would have just left it at Auto. That way the game isn't forced to go to the GPU for PhyX and any only old games can use the GPU.

I received the RTX-3060. It seems NvCleanstall isn't advanced enough to perform a driver and software installation on newer graphics cards. I tried NvCleanstall online and offline and in both cases it would just freeze up in the middle of the installation. I had to double-click NVidia's file directly to get the job done. I noticed that when you click Custom Installation it too gives you the option of installing what you want. I chose drivers, PhysX, and audio while leaving out Experience and everything else. It even gives you the option of performing a clean installation. I chose that too. It's almost as if you don't even need NvCleanstall.
You could configure in adv. section or tweaks section for express un-attended installs. They released new version yesterday. https://www.techpowerup.com/nvcleanstall/

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on November 19, 2022, 07:37 PMYou could configure in adv. section or tweaks section for express un-attended installs. They released new version yesterday. https://www.techpowerup.com/nvcleanstall/

In the Nvcleanstall link I'm not seeing any option for unattended install. You select what you want and Nvcleanstall does the rest.

Unless I did something wrong I couldn't install the Nvidia software with Nvcleanstall. For starters it didn't download the driver. When I downloaded it myself and pointed to it, it just froze up. I'm thinking it'll work OK for my old card (GTX-970) but not for the new one (RTX-3060).

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on November 20, 2022, 04:49 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on November 19, 2022, 07:37 PMYou could configure in adv. section or tweaks section for express un-attended installs. They released new version yesterday. https://www.techpowerup.com/nvcleanstall/

In the Nvcleanstall link I'm not seeing any option for unattended install. You select what you want and Nvcleanstall does the rest.

Unless I did something wrong I couldn't install the Nvidia software with Nvcleanstall. For starters it didn't download the driver. When I downloaded it myself and pointed to it, it just froze up. I'm thinking it'll work OK for my old card (GTX-970) but not for the new one (RTX-3060).
You can installation tweaks screenshot of NvCleanStall https://www.techpowerup.com/nvcleanstall/

Some GPU/OEM needs specific driver inf names for it to install and you can add it via Modded driver inf to add your 3060 RTX OEM name which will help in bypassing the whitelisted inf searching and get you newer driver but it might cause blackscreen, I will advise not doing regular driver and upgrade only if necessary or if bugfixes are specifically noted in changelog.

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on November 20, 2022, 04:49 AM

For laptops it is(was?) generally recommended to use the manufacturers graphics drivers, I had priority alienware support back in the day due to all the issues mine had.
They gave a thorough explanation which could be summarised as them making changes to powerplans, and specific driver changes for stability.
But he also said that it should be fine to use Nvidias own and such, but Dell support will have very limited ability to ensure stability if not using manufacturers drivers due to less amount of people reporting such issues to Dell. And not updating/uploading all the newest drivers was a way to be able to first validate inhouse before releasing the driver publicly on their site. Which unfortunately leads to some devices not having manufacturer updated drivers for a long time.
If laptop would be sent in, they would also not troubleshoot further until they had the officially recommended driver.