• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Financial news and stock markets.

Started by scarface, February 26, 2015, 08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

Quote from: Daniil on February 25, 2023, 01:58 PM- public organization, consists of orthodox christian mothers, forcing parliament to make a law denying Disney cartoons and anime

The Russian leaders probably watched this clip (available in the best clips topic - in French with English subtitles available, just click on this option in the settings.) and found that the representatives of Disney didn't seem serious enough.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm8pz4al_sY

They chose the representatives of the Lord Jesus instead...In Iran they didn't choose Obi-Wan Kenobi either.
It's amazing how this parody can actually apply to the real world.

Quote from: Daniil on February 25, 2023, 01:58 PMFrom this 3 I heared only about G.Welter's book, but I didn't read it.
It's a well-known expert of Russia indeed. To be honest with you, I didn't read these books either. They belonged to my father.

humbert

Hello Daniil: I just read all these posts. I'm glad you're still alive and well.

In order to get out of Russia the first thing you must decide on is where to go. It's also important how you will survive once you get there. Do you have family outside Russia? If so, you might start there.

I must disagree with Scarface with respect to staying where you are. It's one thing to survive inflation and bad times. It quite another to live with the spectre of being arrested and sent to the front lines and any moment. Clearly things are bad and getting worse both politically and economically. The country is almost unlivable.

I agree you should never be ashamed to be Russian. Yours is a huge country full of natural resources. It's just that for over 1000 years Russia has been plagued by one bad government after another. None of this is your fault nor that of the Russian people who have taken the brunt of the suffering.

Daniil

Quote from: scarface on February 25, 2023, 02:40 PMThey chose the representatives of the Lord Jesus instead...In Iran they didn't choose Obi-Wan Kenobi either.
Yep, it's funny.
Actually, they says (in TV propaganda) that religion is a way of joining people together. But in practice now it's a way of orthodox priests to become more rich. 'cause churches now are groadly subsidised by government.

BTW, thanks to fix my misspelling. For russian-speakers English preposition (pretext?) is difficult, because they are using in different way than in russian. I'll tell about this in topic about languages. :)

Quote from: scarface on February 25, 2023, 02:40 PMIt's a well-known expert of Russia indeed.
Yeah, I know that. I saw this book (translated) in library. BTW, probably it'd be forbidden soon - there is a rumor that government agents already sent to libraries and to a book stores orders, forbidding to buy new books of different authors (and not only Orwell's '1984' and Zamyatin's 'We', but also Rowling's 'Harry Potter' and manga comics).

Quote from: humbert on February 27, 2023, 06:47 AMIn order to get out of Russia the first thing you must decide on is where to go. It's also important how you will survive once you get there. Do you have family outside Russia? If so, you might start there.
I already decided where I should go. I'd prefer not to talk about destination yet, i.e., situation changing rapidly and drastically, and plans could change. Also, I suspects that russian search bots also crawling this forum, so I'd prefer not to say anything personalizing me before I get out.

scarface

Quote from: Daniil on February 28, 2023, 10:27 AM
Quote from: scarface on February 25, 2023, 02:40 PMThey chose the representatives of the Lord Jesus instead...In Iran they didn't choose Obi-Wan Kenobi either.
Yep, it's funny.
Actually, they says (in TV propaganda) that religion is a way of joining people together. But in practice now it's a way of orthodox priests to become more rich. 'cause churches now are groadly subsidised by government.

BTW, thanks to fix my misspelling. For russian-speakers English preposition (pretext?) is difficult, because they are using in different way than in russian. I'll tell about this in topic about languages. :)

Quote from: scarface on February 25, 2023, 02:40 PMIt's a well-known expert of Russia indeed.
Yeah, I know that. I saw this book (translated) in library. BTW, probably it'd be forbidden soon - there is a rumor that government agents already sent to libraries and to a book stores orders, forbidding to buy new books of different authors (and not only Orwell's '1984' and Zamyatin's 'We', but also Rowling's 'Harry Potter' and manga comics).

Quote from: humbert on February 27, 2023, 06:47 AMIn order to get out of Russia the first thing you must decide on is where to go. It's also important how you will survive once you get there. Do you have family outside Russia? If so, you might start there.
I already decided where I should go. I'd prefer not to talk about destination yet, i.e., situation changing rapidly and drastically, and plans could change. Also, I suspects that russian search bots also crawling this forum, so I'd prefer not to say anything personalizing me before I get out.

Well, once again, this is quite an interesting answer from Daniil and I'm preparing an adequate response.

humbert

Quote from: Daniil on February 28, 2023, 10:27 AMActually, they says (in TV propaganda) that religion is a way of joining people together. But in practice now it's a way of orthodox priests to become more rich. 'cause churches now are groadly subsidised by government.

I totally agree! Organized religion is the world's biggest scam. That's why I am an atheist.

Quote from: Daniil on February 28, 2023, 10:27 AMI already decided where I should go. I'd prefer not to talk about destination yet, i.e., situation changing rapidly and drastically, and plans could change. Also, I suspects that russian search bots also crawling this forum, so I'd prefer not to say anything personalizing me before I get out.

Totally understandable!! I also strongly agree that, for you, leaving Russia is the very last resort. You'll proceed with your plans only when everything else has failed. Good luck to you and please keep us informed. You're part of our family.

With respect to this idea of banning books from libraries and bookstores, it seems Putin never heard of the internet. Even a tightly controlled internet can be full of holes.

scarface

Today, I'm going to give you a brief overview of the stock markets.
There is a crash on the European markets. The cac 40 is now down 2.18% at 6984 points.

Note that I invested in Société Générale at 20.20€ this morning (a few minutes after the market order was filled it turned out to be a a bad investment, but since this stock is volatile, it's not a a matter of concern). I put a sell order at 20.80 €. Note that I have bearish positions too, and at this point I stay bearish on the markets: If the overall markets goes down, this is good. With the latest rate hikes, I wouldn't be surprised if the Dow Jones and the cac 40 were back to respectively 30 000 and 6500 points.

scarface

Today, I'm going to give you a quick insight into the stock markets.
Global markets and the cac 40 are down today.
But I see more bearishness ahead.

humbert

I'm posting this here because there was previous discussion of Ukraine and Putin.

Have you read today's (24/08/2023) news? Yevgeny Prigozhin, the head of Wagner who tried to march on Moscow a few months ago, died in a plane crash. Coincidence? No way! I'll bet borrowed money Putin had him killed. This is his modus operandi. He poisons his enemies or kills them in plane crashes then sits back and says he's got nothing to do with it.

As any despot knows, in order to survive you have to follow Niccolo Machiavelli's advice to the letter. History teaches us that dictators who don't will be promptly out the door. There is no way you can let a guy who tried to forcibly overthrow you to simply leave for Belarus (a Putin client state) and live there in peace. You must destroy every trace of your enemies -- or they'll do it to you.