• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 11

Started by Shadow.97, June 17, 2021, 03:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on April 03, 2023, 05:33 AM
Quote from: scarface on April 02, 2023, 08:44 PMInstead of installing it, you can test it with Vwmare too. Of course, I don't install a clean copy unless I need to do it (and I use switchless installers to avoid the boring part of the installation of windows).

There is no question the ISO's will work under any VM. What I'm trying to do is install it over the current versions of Windows 10 and 11. It's then when I get the error message.
If its license key issue for Windows/Office you can use abbodi's script https://github.com/abbodi1406/KMS_VL_ALL_AIO/releases
It auto rearms using task scheduler.
I might try out W11 ISO I made on real PC soon which has all reqmts met by Win 11.

humbert

Quote from: Shadow.97 on April 11, 2023, 09:22 PMI've played some game that had a HDR toggle, I didnt find it worth my monitor turning off then on again when launching the game, then turning the screen off and on again when tabbing out. Not sure if it's a bug or feature. But sure is annoying.

It's all trail and error. Once this game comes out I'll test all settings and see what happens.

Quote from: Shadow.97 on April 11, 2023, 09:22 PMWindows 11 is MUCH tighter integrated with microsoft account. Edge was preinstalled with 10, as with 11.
Unless you specifically uninstall edge it will still be there, and still function.
They don't give an easy way to uninstall it. Unsure about account requirement, i was automatically signed in to edge.

So you use a Microsoft account on your system? Isn't it better off just to use a local account? It's certainly not impossible unless you're using Windows Home. I use Pro.

Vasudev: I usually install preactivated copies of Windows. They're readily available on the torrents. I've never had a problem and I've never needed to rearm. We're talking years after installation.

Playing with Win11 on a machine that doesn't "meet the requirements" is an easy thing to do. This can be disabled using Rufus. The copies found on the torrents all have those requirements pre-disabled. Give it a test and tell us what you think.

scarface

Note that a new version of windows 11 is available here: https://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=14153.msg37204#msg37204
This version contains the latest updates. It was patched so it features a new explorer UI.
This is an excellent edition, for those who are able to install it.

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on April 12, 2023, 06:15 AMPlaying with Win11 on a machine that doesn't "meet the requirements" is an easy thing to do. This can be disabled using Rufus. The copies found on the torrents all have those requirements pre-disabled. Give it a test and tell us what you think.
I go to an extreme extent to not format my system :) It's on it's 5th year now unformatted.
I do still use a localaccount but my laptop forcibly tied itself to the laptop, even when using a local account and removing the online-account it still has the traces. I don't really get enjoyment from reinstalling OS'es it's quite a pain in the butt

humbert

Quote from: Shadow.97 on April 12, 2023, 11:24 PMI go to an extreme extent to not format my system :) It's on it's 5th year now unformatted.
I do still use a localaccount but my laptop forcibly tied itself to the laptop, even when using a local account and removing the online-account it still has the traces. I don't really get enjoyment from reinstalling OS'es it's quite a pain in the butt

I very strongly agree! I absolutely HATE losing an OS and having to start from scratch. It's happened to me quite a few times. And not just on computers but on Android phones too.

As I see it, all laptops come with a garbage-infested OS that, just like a clean install, has to be cleaned up and configured from scratch. And of course after that comes installing your apps and configuring them to your liking. I refuse to put up with this. When I received my new laptop the first thing I did was boot into the BIOS and disable secure boot. Then I booted from flashdrive into Sergei Strelec's ISO, wiped all partitions and then united the remaining space into one large partition. Then I booted from another flashdrive and installed a pre-activated torrent copy Windows Pro from scratch. It's still running fine.

Vasudev

@humbert I tried my Win 11 ISO on new laptop and installs are very quick during post setup tasks were not running which is quite odd and USB itself was ejected. Could be Win 11 issue, anyway there were new April Updates. With virtualization enabled the new PC Thnkpad L14 my sister uses runs flawlessly and Win 11 is not having much issue. In my old PCs Win11 struggles to load with Virtualization enabled and runs like Pentium III.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on April 19, 2023, 10:20 PM@humbert I tried my Win 11 ISO on new laptop and installs are very quick during post setup tasks were not running which is quite odd and USB itself was ejected. Could be Win 11 issue, anyway there were new April Updates. With virtualization enabled the new PC Thnkpad L14 my sister uses runs flawlessly and Win 11 is not having much issue. In my old PCs Win11 struggles to load with Virtualization enabled and runs like Pentium III.

By "virtualization" do you mean as the BIOS, like when running VirtualBox or VMware?

There is no question that Win11 is buggy. My start menu doesn't allow me to pin apps or put them on the taskbar. Every time I look for something I have to click the taskbar icon and search. Windows Update is also broken. Not only does it NOT update with very few exceptions, but when you download an update and install it manually, it doesn't know the update has been installed and keeps trying unsuccessfully to install it. This causes the Windows Store not to be able to install anything. If you want a store app, you have to try to install it manually. Not all will install. This exists on both my desktop and my laptop.

If any of you guys who run W11 don't have these issues, I'm thinking it's either a configuration problem or some app that's getting in the way.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on April 20, 2023, 06:41 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on April 19, 2023, 10:20 PM@humbert I tried my Win 11 ISO on new laptop and installs are very quick during post setup tasks were not running which is quite odd and USB itself was ejected. Could be Win 11 issue, anyway there were new April Updates. With virtualization enabled the new PC Thnkpad L14 my sister uses runs flawlessly and Win 11 is not having much issue. In my old PCs Win11 struggles to load with Virtualization enabled and runs like Pentium III.

By "virtualization" do you mean as the BIOS, like when running VirtualBox or VMware?

There is no question that Win11 is buggy. My start menu doesn't allow me to pin apps or put them on the taskbar. Every time I look for something I have to click the taskbar icon and search. Windows Update is also broken. Not only does it NOT update with very few exceptions, but when you download an update and install it manually, it doesn't know the update has been installed and keeps trying unsuccessfully to install it. This causes the Windows Store not to be able to install anything. If you want a store app, you have to try to install it manually. Not all will install. This exists on both my desktop and my laptop.

If any of you guys who run W11 don't have these issues, I'm thinking it's either a configuration problem or some app that's getting in the way.
Its called VBS or something as running everything inside a secure container and everything is sandboxed and downside is more CPU usage. https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/disable-vbs-windows-11
L14 has total Memory encryption enabled as well. I didn't notice any perf drops at all since its has dedicated hardware in Pro Ryzen CPU and from lenovo.
On CB R23 multi score was around 10k with 3GHz all core boost and around 30w peak usage in performance mode. In balanced it scored around 9k with 2.65GHz and 15w TDP.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on April 22, 2023, 10:51 PMIts called VBS or something as running everything inside a secure container and everything is sandboxed and downside is more CPU usage. https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/disable-vbs-windows-11
L14 has total Memory encryption enabled as well. I didn't notice any perf drops at all since its has dedicated hardware in Pro Ryzen CPU and from lenovo.
On CB R23 multi score was around 10k with 3GHz all core boost and around 30w peak usage in performance mode. In balanced it scored around 9k with 2.65GHz and 15w TDP.

Mine was disabled. Still, there are other tweaks on there I'm going to try. I've had FAR many more problem with all these security features that from whatever they're trying to protect me from.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on April 23, 2023, 05:13 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on April 22, 2023, 10:51 PMIts called VBS or something as running everything inside a secure container and everything is sandboxed and downside is more CPU usage. https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/disable-vbs-windows-11

Mine was disabled. Still, there are other tweaks on there I'm going to try. I've had FAR many more problem with all these security features that from whatever they're trying to protect me from.
For some reason Lenovo power manager,intelligent cooling driver is causing thermal issues and have been disabled from policy editor