• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows XP Support

Started by Maher, June 21, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maher

Quote from: falafokz on September 21, 2011, 04:12 PM
my question is this. do i have to extract it after i download it for me to be able burning it or after i download the file which is a rar file, just right click on it and burn with image burn?
No, don't extract it. Just burn it.
Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/

Maher

Quote from: falafokz on September 21, 2011, 04:26 PM
one more thing maherz.... can you teach me how to make a site like this? thanks :)
http://www.simplemachines.org :)

Kakashi

Hi Maherz, I really appreciate your work. It is very useful to have an installation disk with most updates applied and SATA drivers preinstalled, specially now that many computers come without floppy disk drive. I also like that the installation isn't bloated with unneeded software.

Is there any possibility that you make a similar CD for the Windows XP x64 operating system? I'm not asking to update it frequently as you are doing now, just making a single release once is ok for me. I have found releases from other people, but they are old and have additional unrequired stuff.

Thanks.

anivex

Quote from: Maher on September 20, 2011, 08:37 PM
Quote from: anivex on September 20, 2011, 06:14 PM
Heh, yeah i tried google. This was my last stop. Most of those pertain to usb keyboards or they patched or updated a driver or something that caused it...none that i could find dealt with not being able to use after a fresh install. Was hoping you had seen something....bah...ive tried so much. I tried just reinstalling again and trying to put in the drivers before the install is completed(when it asks for 3rd party driver info) but now when i boot from the disk it just loads up and goes to desktop. Any idea how i may be able to make the reinstall work from booting from disk...keeping in mind that the keyboard only works in bios.

This is on an old stock dell computer, but the mouse and keyboard both worked fine before. The drivers and such from dell are on the disk im trying to install post-setup. but i would figure that it wouldnt have issues with a simple ps/2 connection.  Tried 3 keyboards now and managed to get my hands on a ps/2 mouse, also not working.
Really strange! Never ever faced such an issue really.
Try inserting the USB keyboard after Windows starts, does it tell you that it detected new software?
It doesn't, no response at all. Its very strange...the first time i turned it on it worked, but i needed the keyboard for my main computer so i could download the drivers for the dell. When i went to switch it back it no longer worked

Maher

Quote from: Kakashi on September 22, 2011, 01:22 AM
Hi Maherz, I really appreciate your work. It is very useful to have an installation disk with most updates applied and SATA drivers preinstalled, specially now that many computers come without floppy disk drive. I also like that the installation isn't bloated with unneeded software.

Is there any possibility that you make a similar CD for the Windows XP x64 operating system? I'm not asking to update it frequently as you are doing now, just making a single release once is ok for me. I have found releases from other people, but they are old and have additional unrequired stuff.

Thanks.
You're welcome.
Don't have x64 XP. And not planning to do it. Sorry.

Maher

Quote from: anivex on September 22, 2011, 03:35 AM
Quote from: Maher on September 20, 2011, 08:37 PM
Quote from: anivex on September 20, 2011, 06:14 PM
Heh, yeah i tried google. This was my last stop. Most of those pertain to usb keyboards or they patched or updated a driver or something that caused it...none that i could find dealt with not being able to use after a fresh install. Was hoping you had seen something....bah...ive tried so much. I tried just reinstalling again and trying to put in the drivers before the install is completed(when it asks for 3rd party driver info) but now when i boot from the disk it just loads up and goes to desktop. Any idea how i may be able to make the reinstall work from booting from disk...keeping in mind that the keyboard only works in bios.

This is on an old stock dell computer, but the mouse and keyboard both worked fine before. The drivers and such from dell are on the disk im trying to install post-setup. but i would figure that it wouldnt have issues with a simple ps/2 connection.  Tried 3 keyboards now and managed to get my hands on a ps/2 mouse, also not working.
Really strange! Never ever faced such an issue really.
Try inserting the USB keyboard after Windows starts, does it tell you that it detected new software?
It doesn't, no response at all. Its very strange...the first time i turned it on it worked, but i needed the keyboard for my main computer so i could download the drivers for the dell. When i went to switch it back it no longer worked
Yes, thats really strange.
Did you try changing the USB port you're plugging it into? Still no response?

IJinfinity

Just for the record, i'm totally new to this, i have only downloaded more common programs ( like games and office 2010 and stuff). I installed windows (from a usb memory stick) by opening setup in the folder and let the program do its job. I got two errors while installing, can't remember the name, and just skipped it after many retries. Later on, when the rest of the installation was finished, i got bluescreen of death. >:( i tried choosing to boot from the usb stick but bluescreen is all i get. After some trying i get a screen telling me that "windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem" and so on.
How to fix this?

falafokz

maybe your HDD is virused.. try to pull it oput and test it into another computer.

marcelofa

Amigo Maher:

Do i have to extract the file after downloading it? (your torrent is a rar file). or do i have to burn it even its a rar file?
With Winrar I get:
Can not open Microsoft.Windows.XP.Professional.SP3.Integrated.September.2011.SATA.By.Maher.Www.nomaher.com]. Iso
The system can not find the path specified.

If you want to burn in Nero Burning Rom 7 tells me:
"This file name is invalid"
I'm going crazy!!!

Im confused.. please guide us.
Thanks.

humbert

Quote from: marcelofa on September 23, 2011, 01:05 AM
Do i have to extract the file after downloading it? (your torrent is a rar file). or do i have to burn it even its a rar file?
With Winrar I get:
Can not open Microsoft.Windows.XP.Professional.SP3.Integrated.September.2011.SATA.By.Maher.Www.nomaher.com]. Iso
The system can not find the path specified.

Hello Che Boludo (what we affectionately call the Argentinos),

Pardon me for jumping in, I realize this message is for Maher but I thought maybe I could help. First of all, .rar is a compressed file with other files inside it. You can't work with .rar since it's use is strictly for compression to minimize disk space, you have to extract the files first. Do this with Winrar or with Total Commander (my favorite file manager). Both programs can easily be found at the Pirate Bay, cracked and all. Knowing Maher, look for an .iso file and extract it. You can easily burn that with Nero or any of million burning programs out there.