• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 7 Support

Started by Maher, June 26, 2011, 07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on October 01, 2014, 03:21 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on September 29, 2014, 04:27 PM
I only update windows every 4-6 months and be sure to untick recommended update option in windows update and after patching your system with with high priority updates then apply the recommended update, this way you would prevent clogging of all files together.

Is this because your slow internet speed and because your ISP imposes strict limits on the amount of monthly data you can download? Honestly this one of the few valid reasons I see for not updating automatically.
Monthly data pack is unlimited but ISP disconnects connection  during downloading updates due to heavy traffic.

Cuttlas

I have a question, How did you make pre-registry tweak within your windows?

I have created an auto attended xml file for windows, I set Manufacture for my windows, But after installation I always see Maher's Digital World as  Manufacture.

Can you please tell me how you did it?

Awaiting Your Respond
Kind Regards

humbert

If what you're trying to do is change the "Maher's Digital World" part, it's a registry hack. I thought I had it written down but I guess I don't. Hopefully someone will post it.

BTW, did it ever occur to you to simply bring up regedit and do a search for "Maher's Digital World"?

Cuttlas

Quote from: humbert on October 03, 2014, 04:20 AM
If what you're trying to do is change the "Maher's Digital World" part, it's a registry hack. I thought I had it written down but I guess I don't. Hopefully someone will post it.

BTW, did it ever occur to you to simply bring up regedit and do a search for "Maher's Digital World"?

Yes I know it is a registry hack and I know the address of target registry key, it is located in OEMINformation in Machine Directory, But it should be changed if I insert OEM Information in my auto attended xml But it is not changing at all. Yes after windows installation I can change it by my hand, but the issue is that it should be changed by auto attended xml. So as you told there is a registry hack, But I did not find it. I extract all of wim files inside windows 7 installation disc and load target registry hives, But did not find any registry hack related to oem information. So It seems another maher is using another smart way and I'm looking for it. It will be useful to import needed registry keys in future :)

scarface

Well, this a hklm key. You could make the change and sysprep the system, but its a bit complicated. You can also load the hive of the wim with wintoolkit and apply your reg file. Note that The administrator of the forum deserves that caption for the systems he's providing.

Cuttlas

Quote from: scarface on October 03, 2014, 07:22 PM
Well, this a hklm key. You could make the change and sysprep the system, but its a bit complicated. You can also load the hive of the wim with wintoolkit and apply your reg file

Thank you, but as I told in previous post I tested all of the registry hives but I did not find the "Maher's Digital World" at all.
I want to learn the Maher's trick to import my own registry hacks such as start up, keyboard's settings and so on...

scarface

this has been discussed in this topic too:
http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=1039.0
If you are not able to load the registry hive and find the key but if you can delete the key after a proper install, only the sysprep method can help you.

shera69

Please help me get the latest copy of windows7 Loader for my windows 7 ultimate 64x.
Help as I got only 3 days to activate.
Thanks

wallofasgard

Quote from: shera69 on October 09, 2014, 05:32 AM
Please help me get the latest copy of windows7 Loader for my windows 7 ultimate 64x.
Help as I got only 3 days to activate.
Thanks

It was posted on the First page.

http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=137.0

Under The Instructions.

scarface

A significant release of updates is nearing: http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/391189/patch-tuesday-to-feature-three-critical-windows-updates
The administrator Maher is perhaps looking forward to doing another version this month.