• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 7 Support

Started by Maher, June 26, 2011, 07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antar19

Hi,

Can this be installed via USB key as well, or does it have to be burned to DVD and installed that way? I'm building a PC, and don't want to buy a DVD drive unless absolutely necessary.

Vasudev

Dont reinstall windows every 6 months or so.mine is running from a year & no slowdowns even it boots under 45secs.
Try tweaking.com windows repair & reinstall is rarely needed.
If performance is ur concern install ssd.

humbert

Definitely SSD's are the thing of the future and will eventually supplant HDD's entirely. Indeed, they're already at 1TB capacity with the price dropping by the day. My Windows boots in 5-10 seconds on my SSD with GPT partitioning. And as we all know, DVD's are rapidly headed for extinction in favor of flashdrives. Much more so with the coming of USB 3.1 - 10Gb/sec max transfer speed and 100 watts of power, plus the new type C adapter can be inserted in any direction.

Vasudev

I did not get you "100 watts of power"
Are you talking about cpu power or usb 3.1,if its usb3.1 it would be 100mW.

humbert

You guys are confused. USB 3.1 which is not out yet, maxes out at 100 Watts (20V/5A). This is unrelated to how much power the CPU uses. Keep in mind that nowadays CPU's are directly connected to the PSU for power, as are high end video cards and drives. This would be no different. Naturally it adjusts its power output according to the peripheral that's connected so you can charge just about anything on it.

black_eagle5000

Quote from: usmangujjar on September 19, 2014, 07:36 AM
Quote from: black_eagle5000 on September 19, 2014, 06:45 AM
On Jul release, the update aint work, after installing, the IE is version 7 and I still have to update a lot, took me 3hrs to finish.
some specific updates related to your PC cannot be included, so you need to download and install them by yourself, i hear first time that Win7 having IE 7.
go to: http://maherz.softarchive.net/,   here you will find download links.

Just check out August release, after clean installing, I still have to deal with more than 180 updates (about 1gb), and it took me 6 hrs to complete.

I just burn it to USB using Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool and delete file ei.cfg in folder source to get access to all version, so I can install professional (not ultimate).

scarface

to black eagle: It seems it's the ultimate version which is intended to be installed to have every update.
If you do want the pro, you'll have to do your own work.

humbert

Quote from: black_eagle5000 on September 27, 2014, 03:01 PM
Just check out August release, after clean installing, I still have to deal with more than 180 updates (about 1gb), and it took me 6 hrs to complete.

The only way to get away from downloaded updates is to do like gujjar, i.e., turn updates off and reformat every few months. Extremely inconvenient but gujjar is wierd.  :)

Are you still using a telephone dialup to get online or what?

Vasudev

I only update windows every 4-6 months and be sure to untick recommended update option in windows update and after patching your system with with high priority updates then apply the recommended update, this way you would prevent clogging of all files together.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on September 29, 2014, 04:27 PM
I only update windows every 4-6 months and be sure to untick recommended update option in windows update and after patching your system with with high priority updates then apply the recommended update, this way you would prevent clogging of all files together.

Is this because your slow internet speed and because your ISP imposes strict limits on the amount of monthly data you can download? Honestly this one of the few valid reasons I see for not updating automatically.