• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 7 Support

Started by Maher, June 26, 2011, 07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vasudev

That step is very dangerous it would either break win update config files and utimately a reformat would be needed.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on October 26, 2014, 07:47 AM
That step is very dangerous it would either break win update config files and utimately a reformat would be needed.

On my system there is no winsxs\backup\ folder at all. Of course you should leave \winsxs\ alone, but the backup folder (if any)?

Vasudev

In win 8 and above cleanup of old version are automatic no user interaction needed.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on October 28, 2014, 04:35 PM
In win 8 and above cleanup of old version are automatic no user interaction needed.

What does it clean up? Certainly not the update files after updates have been installed. Bleachbit is needed to take care of those.

Vasudev

For example: I've a file called something.exe(Assume it is a win system file) its file version 6.1.0 before updating windows after updating the version changes to 6.1.3 and all apps that depend on something.exe file use latest version of that file ignoring the older version.So u can keep new files w/o the need for old ones.

scarface

Some people on the forum must be wondering if Maher will release something in November after several months of absence. Neither I nor God can answer this question, and we'll see next week if Maher wants to release a new version.
However, microsft software will receive a slew of updates on Tuesday, which will be the heaviest patch load of the year so far.
16 patches will be launched to shore up holes in Windows, Internet Explorer and Office, whose 5 are rated critical. So it's better to wait to download or update your iso.

humbert

Or if you have the current version, simply download the updates on Tuesday. I've been downloading updates since day one.

Vasudev

Good if Maher releases win 7 on jan 2015. It would be big fat slipstreamed win 7 which is good for me  :)

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on November 11, 2014, 04:41 PM
Good if Maher releases win 7 on jan 2015. It would be big fat slipstreamed win 7 which is good for me  :)

You've explained that your ISP only allows you to download a very small amount of data per month. Because of this, let me ask: is it really more convenient to download a brand-new, slipstreamed copy of Windows 7 from scratch, or to keep the current version and just download the updates?

Vasudev

This month I finally decided to patch some serious vulnerabilities in win 7 & after patching I ran sfc /scannow, result was corrupted files were found but unable to repair them. So I've to re-install win7 no matter what.

Now No More Updating, Only Downloading Slipstreamed Win 7 every year & re-install.