• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 7 Support

Started by Maher, June 26, 2011, 07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vasudev

I asked Maher if WAIK has/had an option of removing old & unneeded files. But for me WAIK is difficult to understand.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on January 18, 2015, 07:14 AM
I asked Maher if WAIK has/had an option of removing old & unneeded files. But for me WAIK is difficult to understand.

According to Wiki, this is an acronym for Windows Automated Installation Kit. Doesn't Winreducer make more sense to redo the ISO without the "features"?

Wincett

Thanks for the answers ("Will it fit on a 4 GB DvD"). Well I would buy 8 GB DvD's, but I need +RW ones, cause its a bit expensive to buy always no rw ones (cause I try to update my windows installtion on every month's release) - And they dont exists (at least I didnt find any). But I liked the idea with the flash drive. I looked for tutorials and it worked perfectly. Thanks for your advices, guys.

GReetings

Vasudev

@Wincett-> Don't re-install windows every month as it will stresses the hardware components with huge reading & writing to do. I recommended re-install every year or two.
Again its your call to install windows over & over if you're ready to spend money for new components every year or so.

Florin

January release is awesome. Too bad it doesn't fit on a DVD.
It is cheaper to buy a DVD than to buy a stick.
Maher, can you shave the ISO a bit?

Wincett

Quote from: Vasudev on January 19, 2015, 05:20 PM
@Wincett-> Don't re-install windows every month as it will stresses the hardware components with huge reading & writing to do. I recommended re-install every year or two.
Again its your call to install windows over & over if you're ready to spend money for new components every year or so.

Oh no no. You misunderstood something. I meant: Im refreshing/updating my installation DvD every 1, 2 or 3 months (from now on it will be the flash drive Im refreshing) - So I have always an updated version (just in case, if something happens). I dont reinstall my computer. I barely reinstall my computer (cause there are no problems with it), I just run Windows Updates.
Anyways thanks for caring and letting me know that too many reinstalls are not good for the hardware.

Greetings

Vasudev

@Wincett-> Yes you refresh iso every month or two to avoid updating pc from start(A major headache on windows than in linux).

humbert

@Wincett - Why do you refresh your Windows every few months, especially since you're running Windows updates on a regular basis? This alone is enough to keep your copy up to date. Seems to me this is unnecessary.

shhnedo

He means he's refreshing the actual installation media, not the windows installation on his pc.
Even so, refreshing the install media is pointless as well since windows 7 isn't recieving updates so often(or not so much).

mdoooostm

hello, I've just installed nomaher 64bit version of windows 7 (January) but this windows use half of my ram.

and after I installed my drivers I couldn't use some of windows tools and softwares (for example: games or snipping tools). Actually they don't run at all.
How can I solve these problems?