• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 7 Support

Started by Maher, June 26, 2011, 07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maher

All links updated: 25.04.2015
Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/

shhnedo

Time to download CPU-Z and give us a screenshot of the CPU tab.

remzkee0903

All links have been deleted. Pls kindly re-upload it again. TIA.. :'(

DkC

Hi, I have a problem with my wireless adapter. After around 5 months of getting this brand new laptop/netbook that had Windows 7 Home Basic installed, the adapter started acting funny.

If I am connected, I suddenly lose connection and the Network and Sharing Center Toolbar Icon shows that I have limited connectivity. If I try and disconnect and reconnect, Windows will say it cannot connect, and every network, including other routers that are present in my area disappear. Windows then says that it cannot find any connections. This problem doesn't seem to be present in another laptop my sister has(a month younger than mine) which has Windows 8.1 on it. I got Windows 7 because I've never researched enough into Windows 8.1 and now... regret.

Anyway, after a restart, 80% of the time the adapter will have disappeared from the adapter settings of Network and Sharing Center and even in Device Manager. Scan for Hardware changes did not work. I've tried literally almost everything... software-wise. I've done:

• ipconfig release, renew, and flushdns
  • disabling and re-enabling my adapter in N&SC(It won't enable btw, it's just stuck on enabling until I restart my PC)
  • Rebooting my Laptop... Over 9000 times.
  • Checked the BIOS
  • Adding a default gateway to Adapter Properties of TCP/IP v4
  • Setting a fixed ip and DNS
  • Disabling my firewall
  • Disabling my antivirus
  • Reenabling my firewall and uninstalling my antivirus

Things that I haven't tried mainly is system restore. I've just never had to do that before and I don't know if it deletes my files or not(lol this probably sounds silly). I'm not sure if it's a hardware problem. But I want to do everything I can before bringing it to the manufacturers for a repair(or a repair shop). Thank you for any help that you can give. :3

Shadow.97

@DKC.
If there is warranty left you should send it in!
Otherwise, you might be interested in opening it, removing the Wifi card and putting it back in. It wont probably help at all, but it might be worth doing as it might be loose, or have bad connection.. This depends on the laptop though.

Vasudev

@Dkc:- It could be a driver issue. I had this problem and solved it. Try downloading Snappy Driver Installer or Driver Identifier to download latest ones. Firstly, uninstall old driver completely using control panel and then perform a reboot. Secondly run ccleaner to clear out the junk files and finally install the latest driver for pc by using either driver identifier or snappy driver installer.

DkC

Thank you for the quick replies, Fuj, Nuudels, and Vasudev.

According to Windows, my adapter is up to date, but Driver Identifier says otherwise. I bought a laptop(ultrabook) from a local brand, RedFox(Philippines). Don't know which Adapter to pick from all these or if I should be installing at all. This also leaves me pretty clueless as to where to actually get my drivers from. It's an Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N130. I have the following stuff under the Network Adapters in Device manager:

• Bluetooth Device(Personal Network)
  • Bluetooth Device(RFCOMM Protocol TDI)
  • Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N130
  • Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter
  • Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter #3 (What in the world are these?)
  • RealTek PCIe GBE Family Controller

For the same reason I am also unwilling to just immediately uninstall my driver to install a new one.

I went through the properties of my Intel Centrino and I unticked the auto-off to save power. I did this before so I have no idea why it reticked. But I do recall that the problem did persist the first time I unticked it. Not really sure what else to change. I also don't feel confident in opening up my laptop. It's not a normal laptop... I believe it's called an Ultrabook.

As for auxiliary services or applications. I believe that one of them is Intel(R) MyWiFi Technology. Should I uninstall it?

Thanks for the help. :)

Shadow.97

Quote from: DkC on May 14, 2015, 07:51 AM
Thank you for the quick replies, Fuj, Nuudels, and Vasudev.

According to Windows, my adapter is up to date, but Driver Identifier says otherwise. I bought a laptop(ultrabook) from a local brand, RedFox(Philippines). Don't know which Adapter to pick from all these or if I should be installing at all. This also leaves me pretty clueless as to where to actually get my drivers from. It's an Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N130. I have the following stuff under the Network Adapters in Device manager:

• Bluetooth Device(Personal Network)
  • Bluetooth Device(RFCOMM Protocol TDI)
  • Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N130
  • Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter
  • Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter #3 (What in the world are these?)
  • RealTek PCIe GBE Family Controller

For the same reason I am also unwilling to just immediately uninstall my driver to install a new one.

I went through the properties of my Intel Centrino and I unticked the auto-off to save power. I did this before so I have no idea why it reticked. But I do recall that the problem did persist the first time I unticked it. Not really sure what else to change. I also don't feel confident in opening up my laptop. It's not a normal laptop... I believe it's called an Ultrabook.

As for auxiliary services or applications. I believe that one of them is Intel(R) MyWiFi Technology. Should I uninstall it?

Thanks for the help. :)
Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter can be used for Virtual boxes, Hyper-V technology and similar, it can also be used to bridge a network adapter to itself like a loop. It's kinda hard for me to explain it in a sensible way. VPN's use Virtual adapters in most of the cases that I've noticed. You could perhaps buy a cheap wifi adapter online..?

DkC

Thanks, Fuj. The problem seems to have fixed itself for now. Though I checked the version in Device manager and it was 15.97 when the installer you have sent me says that it is version 16.7. Not sure why.

@Nuudels
Thanks for explaining. I somewhat get it what a virtual adapter is. I could always order cheap wifi adapters, in fact there are some in sale nearby where I live, but I like to try everything to try and fix a problem before resorting to the easy way out. :3 Thanks for the help.

DkC

Okay, 3rd day after driver update. It seems to be happening again. I moved the wireless router around a bit and my wireless adapter freaked out again and disappeared. Now I really think this is a hardware problem. Does anyone else agree?

Will you suggest bringing it to a common repair shop or to the laptop manufacturer? This is a pretty uncommon brand of laptop after all, might be why I'm having these problems. :(