• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 7 Support

Started by Maher, June 26, 2011, 07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shhnedo

^ That's unnecessary. Windows 7 comes with 3.5 integrated. You only need to install 4.5.2 and you're good to go. Hope Win10 comes with 4.5.x integrated, or whatever the latest is at that time. I'm kinda sick of constantly installing some runtime lib they can easily integrate into their .isos...

Vasudev

Humbert uses win8.1 and some components/sw needs .net 3.5 runtimes.

shhnedo

That just needs to be enabled in Programs and Features. :) When marked, the components are just downloaded through windows update and voila, you got .NET Framework 3.5 on your Windows 8.1 pc.

Vasudev

Quote from: shhnedo on June 21, 2015, 05:57 PM
That just needs to be enabled in Programs and Features. :)
I've tried it on my friends pc still it asks to connect to internet for download runtimes. I don't know why?

shhnedo

Read the rest of my post.
Microsoft didn't include .net 3.5 in windows 8. I don't see the actual logical reason not to do that, but they did. I suppose they're trying to phase out older than .net4. Stupid move if you ask me.

humbert

What I still don't understand is what the .NET framework does and why some apps need it. In my case now that I had to reformat, when I tried to reinstall Intuit Quicken (my financial app), it immediately said this app requires .NET framework and pointed me to a link. I downloaded and installed it, and now everything works OK. I'm curious what the framework does and why some apps need it.

humbert

Quote from: shhnedo on June 23, 2015, 10:51 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/?title=.NET_Framework

Thanks for the link. Fortunately Wiki has a language called "Simple English" which explains it clearly. Now it makes sense.

volimfilm007

dead links
if you could update them it would be great

Harii.X

Which Windows 7 is this !

I need Windows 7 for This Specification of Computer :

Intel Core 2 6320 1.86 GHz
2 GB of RAM
512 MB of Graphic Card