• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 7 Support

Started by Maher, June 26, 2011, 07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

validas

Hello evil geniuses!  First off, thank you Maher your work is fantastic!

I recently found a torrent of Maher's Win7Pro x64 Activated.  "Burned" it to a USB, installed a fresh copy on a brand new drive in a custom build PC.  Activated it with the tool found in the ISO and used the other tool to remove the Maher's digital world license name (sorry, the build isn't for me or I'd have left it).  Easy. Works. Win!

Anyway, everything seems great except for one problem: Windows Update searches forever and never finds anything. I'm really not even sure if the issue has anything to do with the package I used to install Windows but, its driving me crazy. I've spent hours researching and trying different solutions to no avail. I've even attempted 2x fresh installs - also no help.

I realize there are some updates packaged with Maher's ISO, but I know the system isn't up to date.  Has anyone else experienced this issue?  I guess it might be a network problem or maybe something at the router's firewall but all the other machines in the house have had no problems.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

validas

My apologies, the OS did end up finding the correct chain of updates.  I just had to let it search for about 36 hours straight.

So again, thanks for a seemingly flawless build!

Vasudev

Quote from: validas on October 15, 2015, 05:10 AM
My apologies, the OS did end up finding the correct chain of updates.  I just had to let it search for about 36 hours straight.

So again, thanks for a seemingly flawless build!
Just don't ever do that mistake again, resetting windows updates components to default values will do the trick.

wallofasgard

Hi... i'm just curious. would it be possible if Mr Maher or anyone would just only make the compilation of updates that we can install to our current OS version instead of downloading the whole ISO with integrated updates?  :-\

Vasudev

Download WHDownloader and apply updates that relates to your problem ie. hover around these update and you get a changelogs/fixes then download it and you've updates Windows w/o using Win Updates.

humbert

Quote from: wallofasgard on October 22, 2015, 08:19 AM
Hi... i'm just curious. would it be possible if Mr Maher or anyone would just only make the compilation of updates that we can install to our current OS version instead of downloading the whole ISO with integrated updates?  :-\

Out of curiousity alone, is it too difficult to update your copy of Windows with Windows Udate?

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on October 23, 2015, 03:12 AM
Quote from: wallofasgard on October 22, 2015, 08:19 AM

Out of curiousity alone, is it too difficult to update your copy of Windows with Windows Udate?
Yes, I don't trust every update they publish. I need to know what & why the update was intended.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on October 23, 2015, 11:12 AM
Yes, I don't trust every update they publish. I need to know what & why the update was intended.

How do you know which are good and which aren't? It almost always says it's a security updated.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on October 24, 2015, 03:37 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on October 23, 2015, 11:12 AM

How do you know which are good and which aren't? It almost always says it's a security updated.
I just read the change-log and decide if its needed or not. I usually apply updates after a couple of months after its release.

capaj

When will we get windows 7 ultimate new version from maherz????