• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 7 Support

Started by Maher, June 26, 2011, 07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

To RAMBO: I don't know whether maher is here to answer you, so I'm going to tell what I would do...
If you don't have enough space, you can remove the folders "support" and "upgrade" (to strip them off, use ultraiso). If you still need more space, you need to resize the file "install.wim". You'll need to delete a few big files like winRE.wim, the wallpapers, the migwiz folder in system32, empty the backup folder in winsxs...or whatever you think is useless.
It's a bit more difficult, but you can do that with gimagex (mount the wim, tick "read and write", do the cleaning in the uncompressed wim (mount point directory), and then unmount using "commit changes"). Then overwrite the old wim with the new one using ultraiso.

scarface

To RAMBO: maybe you can send a message to maher to tell him that you have a question for him. It's just a suggestion.

RAMBO

Yes, my friend, I want to reduce the size of windows, but without what affects the files have to explain or Video Blsour Thank scarface

Vasudev

Quote from: RAMBO on February 06, 2016, 03:05 PM
Yes, my friend, I want to reduce the size of windows, but without what affects the files have to explain or Video Blsour Thank scarface
You can try this method, see this post

arter

I can't seem to run windows update on the apr2015 version of win7 ultimate. It stays on "checking for updates". I just installed and activated.

shhnedo

Quote from: arter on March 05, 2016, 03:36 AM
I can't seem to run windows update on the apr2015 version of win7 ultimate. It stays on "checking for updates". I just installed and activated.
Actually, you don't even need to.

arter

In which sense do I not need updates. The processor does not support newer version of windows setup e.g. win8 setup. I cannot run baseline security either.

Quote from: shhnedo on March 05, 2016, 03:39 AM

Vasudev

Quote from: arter on March 05, 2016, 02:08 PM
In which sense do I not need updates. The processor does not support newer version of windows setup e.g. win8 setup. I cannot run baseline security either.

Quote from: shhnedo on March 05, 2016, 03:39 AM
He meant your system is auto updated, thats why WU is taking long time to report back.

scarface

To arter: you can still look at this: http://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=137.msg19670#msg19670
If DataStore.edb is growing bigger till reaching roughly 1Gb it means that works.

shhnedo

I meant that windows updates are almost pointless on a 7-year-old OS. If you want an updated iso, you can find many on kickass or tpb, just do yourself a favour and disable Windows Updates. First of all, you don't need to worry about security: you will most definitely NEVER get hacked(you're not a billionaire, else you wouldn't be pirating windows) and if you catch a bug that's probably your own fault(or the current user's fault anyway). Secondly, windows updates just brings more telemetry and 10 upgrade crap, neither of which a windows 7(or 8.1) user would ever want on their PC, so why the flying f**k would you go through the hassle of turning on WU and checking every single update to make sure it's not telemetry/upgrade?
I personally upgraded my 8.1 ent x64 to 7 pro x64. Yes, I UPGRADED, I didn't downgrade. I disabled the WU service and now I'm living a better life. I can run old games on my i7/GT730M laptop without the nasty lag introduced with 8.1(ditching old directx software) and I don't have to deal with a freaking start screen and a stupid store, both of which I never actually use. Yes, 7 may not have native USB3 support and .NET4 integrated, but I'd much rather install .NET4.6.1 than run windows updates to enable 3.5(which should've been integrated in the first place).
Microsoft lost my good opinion ever since they released W8. Windows 7 is the final good product, everything else is just focused on tracking your every keypress and your bathroom habits... Yes, personal privacy is an issue in windows way before XP, but atleast then they kept it quiet and moderate unlike now.
I'm deeply sorry maher quit, he really did make quality updated isos. Now i'm just downloading updated isos every 4-5 months and updating my 32GB usb stick. That's all.