• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 7 Support

Started by Maher, June 26, 2011, 07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kjhoh

ok thanks so much for that, we will wait for your upload next week :)

volimfilm007

hi
i am allso waiting for the fresh links of win7 as mcsft offered almost sp2 update.
by the way am i reading it right that maherz stopped all the work of win7(his baby) or is he just taking a brake.

humbert

Quote from: Kjhoh on June 08, 2016, 05:27 PM
Because when I try to install XP on my new PC there is an error come out and it is something like telling me to turn the ACPI off.

Like I told you in another post, forget XP!. This is an OS designed and written for 15 year old computers. It was never designed for and will not run effectively on newer computers such as yours. Once again, if you MUST run it then do so as a virtual machine with VMWare or Virtual Box. You can easily run several copies of XP at once.

How anyone can spend their money on a new computer and install an ancient OS on it is beyond my comprehension.

Christopher

Question - Windows 7 Updates

Since installing the OS I haven't done any updates. I wasn't sure if attempting any updates, either via Windows Update or by individual manual installs would mess up the installation in some way. I knew at some point I would have to eventually address this for security reasons.

My question is:

1. What is the accepted safe procedure for installing MS update files?

2. Are there any caveats or things that need to be addressed that might ruin or break the original installation?

Shadow.97

Quote from: Christopher on July 06, 2016, 07:02 AM

Since installing the OS I haven't done any updates. I wasn't sure if attempting any updates, either via Windows Update or by individual manual installs would mess up the installation in some way. I knew at some point I would have to eventually address this for security reasons.

My question is:

2. Are there any caveats or things that need to be addressed that might ruin or break the original installation?

1. You can update everything safely.

2. Uh, not really.  I've never ever had any issues with Mahers Iso's, they're like any other iso, except containing pre-installed updates!

Christopher

Quote from: Shadow.97 on July 06, 2016, 08:44 AM

My question is:

2. Uh, not really.  I've never ever had any issues with Mahers Iso's, they're like any other iso, except containing pre-installed updates!

And so hence running Windows Update won't have any issues with Maher's version of Windows 7 and the genuine validation check?

Vasudev

Quote from: Christopher on July 06, 2016, 10:36 AM

My question is:

And so hence running Windows Update won't have any issues with Maher's version of Windows 7
No issues whatsoever. But I don't know about validation checks by MS you are on your own, use daz loader to activate it. If you're sticking with w7 until you get a new pc, I'd suggest downloading W7 convenience rollup update and all their pre-requisites incl. April update for servicing stack and platform update. Then after installing and cleanup you can use Windows update to check for missed updates and drivers.

Vasudev

I just slipstreamed maherz older release of w7 jan 2015 with latest update using convenience rollup updates and june updates for testing. I used NTLite free version and was able to remove almost 1 GB of unneeded components. After successful installation, I ran cleanmgr and was astounded to see the results, it reported 2.45GB of win updates to clean up. After that, rebooted the VM and after 20-30mins of "Cleaning Up....." logon screen message finally MS did some magic to remove older clogged space and install footprint was just 11.1GB after a fresh install. Still, ISO weighed in at 4.64GB.
Here are the screenshots, Don't look at the disk speeds from winsat, after all I'm using a HDD and not a SSD.
Link to screenshots

Shadow.97

Quote from: Vasudev on July 06, 2016, 01:51 PM

My question is:

And so hence running Windows Update won't have any issues with Maher's version of Windows 7
No issues whatsoever. But I don't know about validation checks by MS you are on your own, use daz loader to activate it. If you're sticking with w7 until you get a new pc, I'd suggest downloading W7 convenience rollup update and all their pre-requisites incl. April update for servicing stack and platform update. Then after installing and cleanup you can use Windows update to check for missed updates and drivers.

This ISO does not affect anything on Windows update. It all depends on how you activate it, if you paid for a key, or if you used DAZ then I can 99.9% say it wont be any issues.
Atleast through the years I've been on the forum! (Because I've used those iso's all these years)

Christopher

Quote from: Vasudev on July 06, 2016, 01:51 PM

My question is:

Thank you Shadow and Vasudev for for feedback :)

I am using the April 15th Win 7 Maher 64 bit ISO that is DAZ activated and so looks like it should be a simple process. Also I was able to find and DL the Convenience Rollup Update, that will hopefully speed up the process.