• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 7 Support

Started by Maher, June 26, 2011, 07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

user3321

Hey, I recently downloaded your "Microsoft.Windows.7.Ultimate.SP1.x64.Integrated.November.2012" torrent.  I have a blank SSD drive which I am trying to install it onto.  I burned the .iso onto a blank dvd at the lowest speed possible for my computer (roughly 4mb/s). I set my dvd drive as my main boot priority, and I began the installation.  It allowed me to choose the language, the disk partition I wished to use, and started installing.  It went all the way through copying windows files, expanding files, installing features/updates, and then got to the point where it reboots.  After rebooting, it continues to say "completing installation" and the bar on the bottom of the screen continues to go up.  After doing this for a little bit longer, my screen goes black.  It then restarts again, but then once it gets to the point where the windows install should continue, it stays a black screen, but allows me to move my cursor around.  I left it on overnight, and it didn't change at all.  I also re-burned the file twice, and had the same thing happen each time.  I ALSO tried a different version of windows from another user, and got the same result. 

I think the problem has to do with something on my end.  My question to you is, do you happen to know what might be causing this? I used two different computers to burn the image on two different attempts, so I don't think it has to do anything with the disc. If you know any solutions, please let me know :).

Thanks in advance.

scarface

if you are rich enough to buy a ssd then you can buy a usb key to install your stuff. dvds are not really reliable and shouldnt be used anymore.

user3321

Not too sure why you are jumping to such conclusions about money, but thank you for the advice on dvd's.  My solid state drive is 30GB, purchased on sale for $49.99 years ago.  My problems are not related to money whatsoever, nor do I think any of those assumptions are constructive in any way =/.  I have actually already attempted to use a usb, and produced no different results.  I also stated in my last post that it had nothing to do with the dvd's.

Also, just to say, I actually figured out the issue myself.  It was to do with windows 7 installations getting confused when there are multiple HDD's active. 

topdog

@ scarface - Really ? How old are you ?
I  don't know what you do or don't know about computers but you need to learn a lot more about communicating with people.

@ user3321 Honestly, scarface's response to you is in no way typical of the members here.

PS welcome  aboard :)
they call me domesticated ..... I CALL THEM FOOLS !!!

humbert

I gotta agree with Topdog.

@Scarface - what the f**k is your problem with Metro? I've got it on my Windows 8 and I love it. In fact, what I'd hate is going back to the old start menu and that disgusting orb where you had do move the mouse back and forth to find your app. When I want to launch an app now, I press Windows key and single click the big tile. What could be easier? Oh.. and I even have the option of putting the shortcut on the desktop or a quick launch icon on the taskbar.

As for the metro apps, I agree that most are no good. Some are OK. They'll slowly get better.

Apparently you haven't been checking prices on SSD's recently. They've been dropping and will continue to do so. You do not have to be rich to have one, I wish I were. Given their speed and overall reliability, they're well worth the money. I've had SSD's for over a year and I'd never go back on mechanicals for the drive the OS is on.

scarface

im 30 and im struggling to pay my rent and my food, but thats not the problem,  I wanted to tell user3321 not to use dvds. user3321 should consider reading that if the computer keeps acting up. http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/laptop/3366618/how-upgrade-your-laptop-hard-disk-ssd/?pn=1

Eng-Ahmed Safwat

hi
i have a problem with starting programs and games

this two messages appear :

1-   "App Name.exe - Bad Image
C:\Windows\AppPatch\AcXtrnal.DLL is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support."

2-  " App Name.exe has stoped working
windows can check online for a solution to the problem.
two option are availabe
-Check online for a solution
-Close the program"

and this is problem details

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   BEX
  Application Name:   Driver.exe
  Application Version:   0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:   4e76fbd8
  Fault Module Name:   Driver.exe
  Fault Module Version:   0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   4e76fbd8
  Exception Offset:   008282d1
  Exception Code:   c0000417
  Exception Data:   00000000
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   f5f4
  Additional Information 2:   f5f4591895f05cd55a70d851c9fbc82d
  Additional Information 3:   1ed1
  Additional Information 4:   1ed16ac162d3151536a315d54e0028c4

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Notice that the 1st message appears after windows starting up.....
ThanX At All

harkaz

Quote from: Eng-Ahmed Safwat on January 16, 2013, 11:52 PM
hi
i have a problem with starting programs and games

this two messages appear :

1-   "App Name.exe - Bad Image
C:\Windows\AppPatch\AcXtrnal.DLL is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support."

2-  " App Name.exe has stoped working
windows can check online for a solution to the problem.
two option are availabe
-Check online for a solution
-Close the program"

and this is problem details

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   BEX
  Application Name:   Driver.exe
  Application Version:   0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:   4e76fbd8
  Fault Module Name:   Driver.exe
  Fault Module Version:   0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   4e76fbd8
  Exception Offset:   008282d1
  Exception Code:   c0000417
  Exception Data:   00000000
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   f5f4
  Additional Information 2:   f5f4591895f05cd55a70d851c9fbc82d
  Additional Information 3:   1ed1
  Additional Information 4:   1ed16ac162d3151536a315d54e0028c4

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Notice that the 1st message appears after windows starting up.....
ThanX At All

This is usually an indication that your computer has been infected. Do you get this message with no programs installed (just after you install windows?)

Something else irrelevant to your post. I am working on slipstreaming updates to boot.wim and winRE.wim images. When I'm ready, I'll start a new thread about the topic (will also summarize the info about slipstreaming in install.wim given in this thread)

Cheers

chahit

Sir,
i hav 1 gb ram 320 gb hrd dsk cor2duo 1.6ghz
i hv instld win7 sp1 bt it slows dwn wn i use my apps lyk proteus..
then i switch back to win xp sp3 everytym..

i hv instald kasprsky av
n help me with my win7 so  that i cn keep win7(its intrface is good)..but it slows down..is it probably due to kaspersky??
do i need to use a lighter av (yet good powerful one... do suggest alternative one :) )

or wht else cn be probable issues?
i toggle bw xp n 7 in weeks( i love win7 vei much cnt keep away frm it too long..)
(wil it be better if jst use xp for no load on my pc??)

help sir..

Ahmad

Quote from: chahit on January 21, 2013, 07:28 AM
Sir,
i hav 1 gb ram 320 gb hrd dsk cor2duo 1.6ghz
i hv instld win7 sp1 bt it slows dwn wn i use my apps lyk proteus..
then i switch back to win xp sp3 everytym..

i hv instald kasprsky av
n help me with my win7 so  that i cn keep win7(its intrface is good)..but it slows down..is it probably due to kaspersky??
do i need to use a lighter av (yet good powerful one... do suggest alternative one :) )

or wht else cn be probable issues?
i toggle bw xp n 7 in weeks( i love win7 vei much cnt keep away frm it too long..)
(wil it be better if jst use xp for no load on my pc??)

help sir..

As scarface said before, it would be better if you can increase RAM.
1GB RAM is the minimum for Windows 7 x86.
2GB RAM is the minimum for Windows 7 x64.
But it's better to be the double in order not to be slow after installing other essential programs.. i.e. 2GB RAM for x86 & 4GB for x64.

And of course Kasper is very heavy.. Try another lighter one.
If you don't like Microsoft Security Essentials, then, I prefer ESET NOD32 and AVG is also good and light.  :)
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.