• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 7 Support

Started by Maher, June 26, 2011, 07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow.97

Thanks yet again for the ISO, my main PC died yesterday when I made a failed Dual-Boot with Linux on the same harddrive.. :P

MultiRJ

What the..?!? why no torrent download?  :-\

Owneth

humbert

Quote from: Shadow.97 on March 11, 2013, 10:20 AM
Thanks yet again for the ISO, my main PC died yesterday when I made a failed Dual-Boot with Linux on the same harddrive.. :P

What part of the PC die? Did the motherboard fry and take some other components with it? Is it just a coincidence that it happened when you were testing a dual boot configuration? I don't see how a failure in the bootloader could have caused the PC to die.

What I did with Linux (Mint) was to free up some 40 GB on my 2nd hard drive and use that to install Mint. If I want Windows I just sit back and let it boot, if I want Linux I press F8 on bootup and select the 2nd  HD. Better that than constantly having a boot menu stare me in the face.

What Linux distro do you use? Do you have a reason to use it or are you like me - just curious and want to learn?

Sirmartino

Hi there,

My Windows 7 key just got blacklisted by Microsoft. Several other activator, did'nt work out for me. Do you might have a new key or activator for my system? I've got a Windows 7 ultimate edition.

If not, what do you suggest I should do?

Many thanks in advance!

scarface

I think You wont find that here, p2p sites could eventually help you.
Or you can run this: slmgr.vbs /ipk xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx
with a legit key...
Anyway it wont prevent you from using your installation. it will remove the wallpaper and if you have installed kb971033 youll have a nag screen...

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on March 13, 2013, 05:12 AM
Quote from: Shadow.97 on March 11, 2013, 10:20 AM

What part of the PC die? Did the motherboard fry and take some other components with it? Is it just a coincidence that it happened when you were testing a dual boot configuration? I don't see how a failure in the bootloader could have caused the PC to die.

What I did with Linux (Mint) was to free up some 40 GB on my 2nd hard drive and use that to install Mint. If I want Windows I just sit back and let it boot, if I want Linux I press F8 on bootup and select the 2nd  HD. Better that than constantly having a boot menu stare me in the face.

What Linux distro do you use? Do you have a reason to use it or are you like me - just curious and want to learn?
1; Nothing died, just Windows itself.
2; I have no idea actually why it happened, I just learned not to install 2 OS's on the same harddrive.
3; I am going to install it on a different harddrive, (250GB), but I wont be able to store the drive inside my computer :(, So I will need a way to mount it outside the case. Do you know if i can take another powersupply and have outside the case to power the 2nd harddrive (no cables over from my mounted powersupply)?
And I am a bit tired of Windows and want something to play around with and user friendly/easy to use.
I use Cinnamon, and to change boot device upon bootup I press F12, and to load into BIOS settings Delete.
Also, I am tired of windows and want to learn so I can use it in the future for other things, such as server for movie, and light game servers.

humbert

@Shadow - it's 23:30 over there. What are you doing up at this hour?   :) ;) :D

There are many ways to install an internal HD externally. You can use something like this or maybe  this. You should boot from it with no problem.

Let me know how you come around with Mint Cinnamon, which is also what I have,

LjubeGVG

will there be march 2013 realises for windows 7 both x86 x64 ?

scarface

There is little news from maher.