• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 7 Support

Started by Maher, June 26, 2011, 07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lebananin

I forgot to say, that if you use R u f u s, you should only have 1 and only 1 Hard Disk Drive connected to Motherboard

What I did in my desktop when I had 2 HDDs in the PC, well... I disabled IDE and SATA interfaces in BIOS.

P.S. I tested R u f u s with an "untouched" (directly from M$) ISO.

humbert

Quote from: lebananin on April 05, 2013, 07:44 AM
I forgot to say, that if you use R u f u s, you should only have 1 and only 1 Hard Disk Drive connected to Motherboard
What I did in my desktop when I had 2 HDDs in the PC, well... I disabled IDE and SATA interfaces in BIOS.
P.S. I tested R u f u s with an "untouched" (directly from M$) ISO.

I'm not sure I understand you. Rufus formats and creates boot sectors on the removable drive you want. I fail to see your logic about having to have just 1 HDD connected.

Halo_2

Quote from: humbert on April 05, 2013, 10:21 PM
I fail to see your logic about having to have just 1 HDD connected.

When you install windows 7 if another drive is available then the install kit will put the reserved partition there instead of on the OS drive you'll get random errors about permission.

humbert

Quote from: Halo_2 on April 12, 2013, 07:24 PM
When you install windows 7 if another drive is available then the install kit will put the reserved partition there instead of on the OS drive you'll get random errors about permission.

Really? That's strange! Before Windows 8 came along I used 7 for some 3½ years and did many installations using computers with multiple physical drives. In every case the CD's installation program defaulted to the 1st drive (C:\) and pretty much ignored the others. Once the OS was installed it assigned letters that began with D:\ to all other drives.

I might add that all my drives had a single NTFS partition on them. If the drives had multiple partitions, each one would have been assigned a letter. Naturally this doesn't apply to the ext4 partitions Linux uses because Windows can't see them.

Shadow.97

Quote from: Halo_2 on April 12, 2013, 07:24 PM

Sorry I don't think that I understand all of that. But if you have more than 1 hard-drive connected to a pc when installing windows 7 it puts some files on the other HDD without your permission.

humbert

@Shadow - I did many Windows 7 installations before I moved on to Windows 8, and honestly I don't remember a single time where the install program put anything on another drive with the exception of maybe D:\Recycle Bin or D:\Volume Information. Every time I booted Win 7 from DVD, the install program asked what physical drive I wanted it on (defaulting to the 1st one on the mobo), then asked if I wanted to reformat. Everything was done on drive C: with the exception of maybe the 2 directories I mentioned.

It's not that I don't believe you, all I'm saying that in maybe 40 Win 7 installations with multiple physical drives I've never seen this happen.

peterzuma

hi admin

would you like provide me more information about win 7 release march 2013

1- Can I setup Pro version by modify ei.cfg ?
2- Is it include any driver or remove anything ?

Thanks

scarface

delete ei.cfg to have all the versions available.

NaJeEb303

I need windows 7 ultimate both 32 bit and 64 bit in a single iso file and also pre-activated....

scarface