• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 11

Started by Shadow.97, June 17, 2021, 03:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on March 24, 2022, 03:18 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on March 19, 2022, 07:11 PMIt seems 50% of the Win 11 ISO is uploaded. Something is blocking uploads.

Did it freeze up at 50% or what? Are you uploading this directly or seeding a torrent?

I split the files into parts of 700MB out of which 3(total 6 parts) are uploaded.

Vasudev

Quote from: Vasudev on March 24, 2022, 03:46 PM
Quote from: humbert on March 24, 2022, 03:18 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on March 19, 2022, 07:11 PMIt seems 50% of the Win 11 ISO is uploaded. Something is blocking uploads.

Did it freeze up at 50% or what? Are you uploading this directly or seeding a torrent?

I split the files into parts of 700MB out of which 3(total 6 parts) are uploaded.
Upload complete. Win 11 links shared via PM. Thanks to Humbert, Shadow97 and scarface.

scarface

Note that new versions of windows 7, 10 & 11 will be available soon.
Some new drivers will be included in Windows 10 and 11.

As far as windows 11 is concerned, I tested it and I'm a bit disappointed.
-The new paint is not familiar and quite cumbersome to use. I use paint to resize the photos of the forum and it's harder than before.
-There are several bugs with old programs. For instance when I use vmware12 and I get a Blue screen whenever I plug a usb device.
-It seems there is a bug with the wireless networks in the taskbar. You just can't display them...
-Each time I play a video (with youtube or vlc...), there is a 5-second lag before the sound works. Apparently this bug is common. I tested various drivers, to no avail.
It's just a small list. Actually I don't understand why Microsoft released this new version.
I was using windows 10 v1903 until now and I will go back to windows 10.

Note that Vasudev apparently sent a homemade windows 11 to humbert, Maher and me but I never found the link. With what was said earlier, I'm not willing to test another version of windows 11 anyway.

Note that I was dumbfounded when I was not able to install windows 10 & 11 after formatting the Hard drive disk. It becomes harder and harder with their new format (gpt? mbr?) At least it wasn't that hard to install window95 formerly.
I had the error message: "we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one"
I followed the tutorial in this video and it worked:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-couldnt-create-a-new-partition-or-locate-an/acdb1dae-01d9-44f7-846c-433e5addcfc2

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on March 26, 2022, 11:24 PMUpload complete. Win 11 links shared via PM. Thanks to Humbert, Shadow97 and scarface.

I have to agree with Scarface. I don't recall seeing the link. Please resend.

Did you disable TPM and secure boot? Also, did you remove the unwanted bloat M$ installs? I think this is the best approach. For those who want any of that, it's easily available on the Windows Store.

Scarface: With respect to the bugs you reported, I haven't run into any yet. Despite that, your post doesn't surprise me at all. New stuff is ALWAYS buggy. I still believe it's way too early to go full steam with W11. Much more testing and bug fixing need to be done.

scarface

Note that a new version of windows 10 is available here: https://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=14153.msg37204#msg37204
As for the version of Windows 11, TPM and secure boot were disabled (I installed it with a bios configured in Legacy mode with secure boot disabled, otherwise the usb key is not recognized).

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on April 15, 2022, 05:34 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on March 26, 2022, 11:24 PMUpload complete. Win 11 links shared via PM. Thanks to Humbert, Shadow97 and scarface.

I have to agree with Scarface. I don't recall seeing the link. Please resend.

Did you disable TPM and secure boot? Also, did you remove the unwanted bloat M$ installs? I think this is the best approach. For those who want any of that, it's easily available on the Windows Store.

Scarface: With respect to the bugs you reported, I haven't run into any yet. Despite that, your post doesn't surprise me at all. New stuff is ALWAYS buggy. I still believe it's way too early to go full steam with W11. Much more testing and bug fixing need to be done.
I didn't notice it because I shared entire Win 11 folder. TPM and SB checks were disabled and also unwanted UWP apps have been removed and size reduction was around 800MB on both Home and Pro.
EDIT: Check PM with title "Win 11 ISO Link"

humbert

How do you download from MEGA? I opened a non-incognito version of Iron Browser (Chrome clone without tracking) and it says "download complete". The file is nowhere to be found.

I should mention MEGA has very slow download speeds. Maybe it's because I'm not paying.

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on April 20, 2022, 05:28 AMHow do you download from MEGA? I opened a non-incognito version of Iron Browser (Chrome clone without tracking) and it says "download complete". The file is nowhere to be found.

I should mention MEGA has very slow download speeds. Maybe it's because I'm not paying.
When we say slow, how slow are you referring to?
I used to get faster back in the days on Mega, maxing out my connection. But currently getting 5.0MB/s +-0.1
Generally speaking I peak 13.0MB/s.

My understanding is that it downloads it to your cache first and decrypts, then triggers a local download from your own cache that is instantly completed. They do it to avoid being sued for storing copyrighted materials if i recall correctly.

I'm a firefox user.

Vasudev

Quote from: Shadow.97 on April 20, 2022, 03:28 PM
Quote from: humbert on April 20, 2022, 05:28 AMHow do you download from MEGA? I opened a non-incognito version of Iron Browser (Chrome clone without tracking) and it says "download complete". The file is nowhere to be found.

When we say slow, how slow are you referring to?
I used to get faster back in the days on Mega, maxing out my connection. But currently getting 5.0MB/s +-0.1
Generally speaking I peak 13.0MB/s.

My understanding is that it downloads it to your cache first and decrypts, then triggers a local download from your own cache that is instantly completed. They do it to avoid being sued for storing copyrighted materials if i recall correctly.

I'm a firefox user.
Smaller files can be downloaded through browser but larger sized downloads are off downloaded using megasync.
@humbert There is a throttle quota of 1GB or 2GB download size every 6hrs on free plan.

humbert

I didn't measure the MEGA download speed, but I do recall that each 700 MB took 3-4 minutes. MEGA's software will not allow you to use IDM. I have Google Fiber with gives me 1gbps up and down. If there had been no throttling and IDM would have taken over the download, we'd be talking maybe 15 seconds.

I use both Firefox and the Iron browser. This is a carbon copy of Google Chrome without the tracking. There are some sites that prefer Firefox and others that prefer Iron (or Chrome). MEGA is a good example. I couldn't download with Firefox, and with Iron only with the incognito mode disabled. In both cases I did not install their addon. I'm assuming this is what MEGA wants you to do.