• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

World Cup 2014

Started by humbert, June 13, 2014, 05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Am I the only football fan here? Who else is following this World Cup? Can Brazil be beaten at home? Today (12/6/2014) in the opener they played great, but they also had some help from a referee who twice unjustly ruled in their favor. Nothing irritates me more than when a team loses a match because of a bad referee.

iih

Quote from: humbert on June 13, 2014, 05:02 AM
Am I the only football fan here? Who else is following this World Cup? Can Brazil be beaten at home? Today (12/6/2014) in the opener they played great, but they also had some help from a referee who twice unjustly ruled in their favor. Nothing irritates me more than when a team loses a match because of a bad referee.
me too, but not so heavy. please provide world cups schedule, more convenient.
World Inauguration 2014, Brazil vs Croatia Broadcast Online.
eqso.orari-digital.org:8888 YBØIX

scarface

I hadn't seen this topic. This post is probably better here.
The Football world cup is going to begin soon. At work, I've already made a bet for the qualifications.
I will support France of course, but since their victory in 98 against Brazil, they have been disappointing in spite of a final in 2006. Ive been disappointed not to see Egypt amongst the countries in the qualifications.
If you want to support Iran, you might be interested in this legging, showing the Iranian flag, although I would be only interested in the woman.

scarface

Perhaps you know the mascot of the world cup, named Fuelco . It's in fact an armadillo. The officials wanted to draw the attention on this Brazilian specie, which is in fact threatened. Here are some pictures.

humbert

"Fuelco" means 'football and ecology" - which I assume is a reference to endangered species.

I guess if the woman in the picture is caught in Tehran, she'll probably be stoned to death or something.

Have you guys been watching the matches? It's unbelievable how Spain got totally killed by Holland, in fact Spain's only goal was a gift from the referree. Here on TV they showed the play from about 4 angles and the Dutch guy ever even touched the Spanish player (a penalty kick was awarded). Costa Rica also blasted Uruguay, and the England-Italy game was a cliffhanger to the very end.

Don't tell me I'm the only one watching the games.

scarface

For the legging probably, although for me the girl doesn't look depraved, only pretty, but you know, even in Iran, some women are fed up of being guided by the mullahs. At least that's what I read here: http://observers.france24.com/fr/content/20130905-armee-leggings-attaque-teheran-derange-police-religieuse-iran-collants-femmes?page=35

humbert

Most Iranian women have been fed up with the Mullahs since the day the Shah was overthrown. The problem was if they spoke about it they'd risk being stoned to death or sentence to 100 lashes. That's why the only ones you see on TV are the ones wearing those black rags.

Maher

Heyyyyyyyyyyyy :) Long time guys!
I'm really sorry I do not spend much time on the forums.. I'm extremely busy!!

Going back to the topic: I'm with Brazil since I was a kid :) But the Mexicans gave them a hard run yesterday.. I watched the highlights only, but I could see it was a brilliant display from the Mexicans..
Hard luck in the next game..

OFF ;)
Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/

humbert

I totally agree! Despite the scoreboard reading 0-0 at the end, it was clearly a victory for Mexico and a defeat for Brazil. Ochoa (the goaltender) is a national hero in his country.

It's unbelievable how badly Spain played. Their only goal was a gift from the referree on a blown penalty kick call. After being thrashed by Chile today, they're already on the plane back to Madrid.

humbert

More errors with the referrees continue. At least 3 today costing teams goals or penalty kicks. FIFA doesn't seem to want to solve the problem by allowing refs to review the calls.

Did anybody watch today's games (23/6/2014)? Again the referee deprived Mexico of 3 justified penalty kicks, but they won the game anyway.

Holland is an awesome team. One problem - the Orange Machine has played in some 4 world cup finals, and lost them all. Could that happen again this time around?