• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

New topic Photos

Started by scarface, February 01, 2015, 05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

Tonight, I'm going to talk about Pakistan.
While its capital is Islamabad, Karachi is referred to as the financial capital of Pakistan and accounts for a significant part of its economy.
And while Islamabad is not bigger than Zagreb, Karachi is an agglomeration of 20 million people, one of the most populated behind Tokyo, Jakarta and Seoul.
But while Islamabad is a town which still has a bearable dimension, Karachi has become an enormous town with mounting problems such as pollution, overpopulation or thefts.

Islamabad

Rawal Lake, near Islamabad

Karachi

That's why some Pakistanis are jealous of the comfort of the inhabitants of Islamabad.
Here is the story of a Karachiite in Islamabad:
"Even the air is cleaner in Islamabad. It’s like they have purchased some high-end environment scrubbers that take all the carbon monoxide out and it replace it with the pine scent that you hang in your car in Karachi. This was the first thing I felt when visiting the capital city recently after entirely too long. A short work-related trip turned into a revelation for me. Getting off the plane into a cool morning breeze that lifts your mood and lightens the very bloody spirit. I hated it. As a Karachiite it is hard for me to trust air I can’t wipe off my face in a black smear. And then there is all the green. The Margalla Hills rising serenely upwards, the sidewalks that are like little nursery’s. My rage began to rise. Why do Islamabadis get to live like this and we don’t? The sight of people walking around casually with cell phones out in public drove me into such a fury I considered stealing their phones and then running them over just to teach them a lesson.

It was the mongoose that won me over. A friend, in an attempt to soothe my ire, took me to a park that overlooked a lake. There was an aviary under construction there, which would house more than just the cacophonic crows and needy eagles we Karachiites have to contend with. It inspired a rant in me that I was enthralling him with, when two mongoose ran past me. Like stretched squirrels they frolicked in the grass and amongst the flowers. Frolicked. The last time anyone frolicked in Karachi, Maya Khan chased them down with a camera crew. I decided then and there that I both love Islamabad and hate it.

I love the city because it shows that when we want to, we can do things right. We can make a city that is beautiful, clean and safe. We can give children places to play and grant opportunities to commune with the natural. We can give you a place to live where the walls are low because no one will jump over them and the roads are wide because the speed cameras will stop you from abusing them. We can do all that and then maintain it too. If I wasn’t such a Karachiite, I would move to Islamabad.

I hate the city too though. I hate Islamabad because it represents the ability to do things right only once and only selfishly. The rest of the country can ripen and rot because no one in power lives there for very long. A city like Karachi can be ignored to the point of criminal negligence because all the attention and money and focus and time would much rather be spent trimming the grass in the capital. We deny the rest of the country safety and security and places for their children to enjoy so that a few can have it way over there. The result is, people in Islamabad don’t steal cell phones. In Karachi, if those speed cameras would have been installed then they would be on sale for half-price in Saddar by the end of the first day.

No wonder our leaders don’t care about our misery. No wonder the president, in his latest address to parliament, made it seem like we are progressing at a rate that would make China jealous. And no wonder the cries of victims go unheard so often and for so long. Every time our elected leaders look out the windows of their Islamabad houses, they see birds and trees, they hear the wind and smell the pine. And they see two mongoose frolicking in the grass like young lovers. They probably think we are making it all up. I hate Islamabad. Why can’t we all have one?"

Shadow.97

Quote from: scarface on May 06, 2015, 02:44 PM
Can'y you be clearer, besides the approximate grammar, I don't know about your disagreement is about. Since I'm not Karachiite, it's indeed a copied story, except the comments.
Sorry if I am stupid but, according to the oil chart. Shouldn't we have really much oil that is unused..?

scarface

QuoteShouldn't we have really much oil that is unused..
Which chart? the chart of Yemen? It's not a chart about reserves but about production. But It has never been a big oil producer though. And since worldwide oil reserves are difficult to assess, I don't know how to answer your question. But generally speaking, every oil deposit has the same development pattern, a bell curve, so it's quite easy to predict some shortages one day, if not enough oil deposits are discovered each year.
You should probably watch the videos in the survivalist topic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOMWzjrRiBg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TENdzpC4e8w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMgOTQ7D_lk
A video to watch about peak oil: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VKpRLNeWao

scarface

Well, I was thinking today win7 could be the last usable OS for firms since 8.1 is bloated and made for phone of for some people like humbert who like tiles while win10 is a trojan horse for CNN news. But we will be obliged to upgrade one day. On my new laptop I uninstalled win8 and put win7, but wifi drivers were not available for it on the hp website, fortunately I found some drivers that were shipped for an older computer with the same broadcom card.

I'm a bit depressed tonight. Ive had bad news lately, A judge is going to cause me hassle about financial matters. So I'm drinking a good bottle of red wine.
But the most important is my presence here, with the faithful users of the forum. Even if harkaz or Ahmad have not time any more to post messages here, I'm pretty sure they are still there to read the news of the forum. I tested my new optic fiber line too, and it's very fast, I'm going to keep uploading things for you, but I don't know what. Don't know if you liked the x files too.
Ive been a spendthrift lately, I didnt think that I would have to pay for some things that I had forgotten but which seem to concern me. And thinking I could owe some money to a judge for some silly familial matters, plus the electricity bill that exploded and the income taxes coming in august, it's making me really sick, so maybe the forum can turn to god and do a prayer for me.

humbert

The simple fact that Windows 8 and 8.1 were written with phones and tablets in mind in no way means it doesn't work well for traditional desktops. Also, let me say once again the start screen is an app launcher, nothing more, nothing less. It is infinitely better than the old start menu. The only valid reason I hear for people sticking to Windows 7 is personal taste. Others I hear are based on misinformation.

How is it you have a legal financial problem when you keep telling us you have no money? Also, I don't know how the law in the EU works, but here in America if a judge orders someone to pay and that person has no money, the judgement is useless. No one is ever jailed for simply owing money.

As for your electric bill, how much are you paying? For me during the summer months it's about $190. Daytime summer temps here are about 38° to 40°C and the A/C doesn't stop running. Winter is about $150 - not much electric but I have to buy gas for heat. Spring and autumn are around $115.

Shadow.97

Quote from: usmangujjar on May 09, 2015, 08:26 PM
Sorry for delay. I am looking for better screenshots utility, screenshots from screencapture button then copied to the Windows paint are not in good quality, any idea?

I think the there is no shoutbox option into the SMF system, if it has, than it should be enabled in to the form.

What the forum moderators have acces to the pesonal messages of the other members?
What rights and controls given to the moderators of this forum?

(Its night here, forum time is showing afternoon. I here from many days, see the more stats of the forum and my profile. I have many posts, beside all are useful or not. Forum has already few daily coming and posting members.
I think Boss will close or sell the forum in 2-3 years almost, may humbert will purchase it and assign someone to continue Windows work........
Its time to sleep, I am in drowsiness, but on the forum.
There is no restrictions on the dreams,,,,, 
USMAN:D)
I love the screenshotting tool ShareX ( https://getsharex.com/ ). It's highly customizable, fast and all. Can record videos, screenshots to folders, upload on finnish saving.
Though, its a hazzle, so I mainly use www.Gyazo.com

Vasudev

Usman-> Did you re-install ur PC  with Latest Maherz release?

humbert

When it comes to screensavers I use FScapture. You can get it at http://www.faststone.org. I have a working serial number if you want it.

Vasudev

Long time no see Mr. Harkaz. How's your XP sp4 project going?

harkaz

SP4 development is almost over: Need to fix a small issue with 16-bit apps (Clean installs only).
There are some reports about sporadic issues but since I cannot reproduce them I'm unable to do something to fix them.

I have been around here occasionally (as guest) just to read scarface's articles. I find them very interesting.

Now I'm more interested in security than deployment and I devote enough of free time to learn about malware analysis, forensics, etc. It's a chaotic field but certainly exciting.