• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

New topic Photos

Started by scarface, February 01, 2015, 05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Quote from: scarface on September 20, 2020, 09:43 AM
I doubt humbert has been to the 11 arrondissement because it's popular and not very touristy.

I didn't know anything about arrondissements during my visit. Besides going to the Champs Elysées, I visited Jim Morrison's grave (my partner wanted to see it). I also visited the Louvre, mostly because I wanted to see the Mona Lisa. Leonardo is one of my historical heroes. I don't remember where the hotel was, only that it was a 2 or 3 star hotel with a 5 star price (by US standards). One thing I absolutely loved about Paris is the Métro and, of course, the fact that you don't need a car. I also observed that, contrary to everything I'd been hearing, Parisians are very nice and not rude nor arrogant. Naturally there are exceptions, I just didn't run into any.

scarface

Here are 2 photos for the users of the forum, taken in the park of Sceaux during a bright day, on 21 September.
I know that Maher and aa1234779 enjoy those photos.

Now look at the sky very carefully. On the face of it, everything looks normal. And yet, something is missing.
You certainly have noticed that there are no planes in the sky, despite the proximity of the airport of Orly.
It's due to the economic crisis: the Covid 19 pandemic has grounded airlines all over the world.

scarface

Tomorrow, I'm not working, and despite the confinement, I was thinking it would be interesting to take some photos of the house of the legendary singer Serge Gainsbourg, in the 7th of Paris, and its neighborhood. I won't be able to go to the musuem of the quai Branly, which is located nearby, because it's closed due to the covid.
Gainsbourg died in 1991, and for years this house has been empty, there is still a project of museum...
Maybe I will go to the Champs-Élysées to take some photos too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa7wjr1NwhA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na0ZOw90VtA

scarface

Tonight, new photos are available on the forum.
Some comments will be added later.
You are very lucky since there are practically no tourists and no possibility to come here.
These photos were taken on Saturday 7 November in the afternoon and due to the confinement orders, the non essential shops were closed.

In the 14th arrondissement
The Place Denfert-Rochereau and its lion statue.

The Montparnasse tower, the tallest skyscraper of Paris.

On the boulevard Edgar Quinet.

In the 6th arrondissement
In the street Notre dame des champs.

If shops are closed, at least the bakeries are open.

The Musée d'Orsay, a museum in Paris, on the Left Bank of the Seine. It is housed in the former Gare d'Orsay, a railway station. It is currently closed.

In the rue de Verneuil, the house of Gainsbourg.

in the 8th arrondissement

In the rue du Boccador. As you can see, Hartwood is closed. should Maher and humbert come he for a business meeting as they normally would, they couldn't buy a tuxedo.

On the avenue George 5.

The avenue of the Champs Elysées is almost desert.

You can see the restaurant Le Fouquet's, on the right.

The Mcdonald's of the champs Elysées, I know that humbert came here a long time ago. He must vividly remember this place.

In the 16th arrondissement

The Eiffel tower, as seen from the Trocadero.

humbert

Quote from: scarface on November 08, 2020, 01:21 AM
Some comments will be added later.
You are very lucky since there are practically no tourists and no possibility to come here.
These photos were taken on Saturday 7 November in the afternoon and due to the confinement orders, the non essential shops were closed.

I noticed the people in the picture are wearing winter clothes. Nice. Here in North America the temps are unusually high. 29°C is unusual in San Antonio in November. But it's not just here. Watching Biden victory celebrations in NY and Washington, people were wearing typical summer clothing. Even in Toronto the high today was 19°C -- in November? Let's hope the heat won't last, I hate heat. Sometimes I think I'd like to move to McMurdo station in Antarctica, or maybe Oymyakon in Siberia (the pole of cold).

scarface

Here is another photo of the Castle of Sceaux, taken a few days ago.
As you can see, there is a gloomy weather.

Besides the new versions of windows, a new repack of outlast 2, and a much smaller repack for Amnesia Rebirth, as well as new episodes of the Xfiles could be uploaded during this week end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7Moc5GvhUI

aa1234779

To whom it may concern, or not, I've officially changed my profile pic to what scarface suggested years ago  ;D

Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said “Surah (chapter of) Hud and its sisters turned my hair gray"

Hud (11)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiqxo4UDVfU

scarface

Quote from: aa1234779 on December 13, 2020, 11:07 AM
To whom it may concern, or not, I've officially changed my profile pic to what scarface suggested years ago  ;D
The moment I saw it, I found this character funny.
Despite your disagreement, I've always thought it was a good avatar.

scarface

The photos below were taken yesterday. You can admire the view under the snow.
I imagine that it's not usual for humbert in Texas or Vasudev in India to see snow.
The snow didn't settle: it has already melted.

A photo of the castle of Sceaux, though the haze.

A road under the snow.

scarface

Here are a few photos taken in Paris today.

On the avenue Foch.

On the place Charles de Gaulle where you can see the Arc de Triomphe standing in the center.

On the avenue of the Champs Elysées