• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

New topic Photos

Started by scarface, February 01, 2015, 05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

Tonight, new photos are available on the forum.
This time, you are going to see a few photos taken in Sceaux. I talked to Maher and he told me he knew this town, but I guess it's not the case of humbert, Vasudev and shadow.97.

Here you can see a few photos taken in the street Houdan in the center of Sceaux.

On the left, you can see a butchery.

In the rue Honoré de Balzac

humbert

Quote from: scarface on December 05, 2021, 09:08 PM
This time, you are going to see a few photos taken in Sceaux. I talked to Maher and he told me he knew this town

I had no idea Maher had been to France, let alone Sceaux. In any case, what's so special about Sceaux that's worth the trip?

scarface

Quote from: humbert on December 06, 2021, 05:06 AM
Quote from: scarface on December 05, 2021, 09:08 PM
This time, you are going to see a few photos taken in Sceaux. I talked to Maher and he told me he knew this town

I had no idea Maher had been to France, let alone Sceaux. In any case, what's so special about Sceaux that's worth the trip?
Well, when i talked to Maher on whatsapp he told me he knew this town and he precised that he even knew how to read it right and said that it was unusual for non French speakers.
For information you pronounce it like the word "saw". Note that you could write it "Seau, Ceau or So", the pronunciation in French would be the same. By the way, the word "seau" exists in French (it's a bucket).
Actually there is nothing special in Sceaux, besides its park, which is probably one of the most beautiful in Ile de France.
Actually, I'd like to buy an apartment here (for a house it's incredibly expensive), but the price of the real estate is particularly high in Sceaux.

scarface

Here is a photo taken in Antony this morning. You can see a traffic jam, on the avenue de la division Leclerc.
If you think there are too many cars in town (or not enough), you can give your opinion. The situation might be different in San Antonio, Islamabad, Jakarta or Cairo.
(And I say that but I used a car to go to Antony - my car is the grey one in the foreground). Actually I was there because I bought a new ecigarette (A "voopoo Drag S"). 

scarface

Tonight, I will hold an exceptional conference to post new photos on the forum. I know that humbert, Vasudev, shadow.97 and aa1234779 are looking at the photos carefully.
You will discover some photos taken in the 14th arrondissement, the 18th arrondissement and the 7th arrondissement of Paris.

scarface

Tonight, I'm holding an exceptional conference to post new photos on the forum.
I know that humbert, Vasudev, shadow.97 and aa1234779 are looking at the photos carefully.
You will discover some photos taken in the 14th arrondissement, the 18th arrondissement and the 7th arrondissement of Paris.

Here are some photos taken in the 14th arrondissement.
Here you can see the place of Catalogne in the foreground. In the background, you can see the Montparnasse train station on the left and the prominent Montparnasse tower on the right.

On the Bvd Pasteur (actually in the 15th arrondissement). In the background, you can see the Eiffel tower.

Some photos taken in the 18th arrondissement.

On the Boulevard de Clichy

In the Rue Lepic. 

A graffiti in the rue Robert Planquette

At the corner of rue Lepic and rue Veron

At the corner of rue Lepic and rue des Abbesses. On the left you can see a beggar.

At the corner of rue Lepic and rue Tholoze. In the background you can see the dome of the Hôtel des Invalides. Dalida's home in the next street (rue d'Orchampt).
Apparently you can drink some good vin chaud in the restaurant on the right.

The moulin de la galette

Here you can see a small vineyard, on top of the Montmartre hill (The wine production is low, only a few hundred bottles a year).

In the 7th arrondissement

On the Esplanade of the Invalides.

The army museum, known as les Invalides.

humbert

Quote from: scarface on December 09, 2021, 12:32 PM
[Well, when i talked to Maher on whatsapp he told me he knew this town and he precised that he even knew how to read it right and said that it was unusual for non French speakers.

Just curious. Does Maher speak French and/or do you speak Arabic? Or do you use English?

scarface

Quote from: humbert on December 21, 2021, 05:52 AM
Just curious. Does Maher speak French and/or do you speak Arabic? Or do you use English?
We use English.
I don't speak Arabic. There is no evidence that Maher speaks French even if I have a few clues. And I don't even know if Maher speaks Arabic after all, even if he's in a place where Arabic is usually spoken.

humbert

Quote from: scarface on December 27, 2021, 09:48 AM
We use English.
I don't speak Arabic. There is no evidence that Maher speaks French even if I have a few clues.

I've spoken to Maher about 2-3 times. I also use English.

Quote from: scarface on December 27, 2021, 09:48 AM
And I don't even know if Maher speaks Arabic after all, even if he's in a place where Arabic is usually spoken.

Arabic is Maher's first language. It's pretty much the lingua franca of the Middle East and North Africa. At times he gave me brief classes on reading the Arabic alphabet. His keyboard is a regular English keyboard most of us use, and yet he says he hotkeys to Arabic and types it fast and without looking at the keys. One thing I envy about him isn't so much that he's fluent in 3 languages (Arabic, English, Russian), but that he can read and write in 3 different alphabets. Most of us except maybe Vasudev and Daniil are stuck on the Latin alphabet  :(

scarface

Quote from: humbert on December 28, 2021, 05:40 AM
"a regular English keyboard most of us use"
If you are referring to the qwerty keyboard, then don't include me,I use an azerty keyboard.
Quote from: humbert on December 28, 2021, 05:40 AM
maybe Vasudev and Daniil are stuck on the Latin alphabet
As far as Vasudev is concerned, I don't know what kind of keybord is used India but I assume Daniil uses a Cyrillic keyboard.