• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Phones, Tablets & Everything Else

Started by Vasudev, April 27, 2015, 02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vasudev

Post your device specs and tell others how you feel about your device.
I own a MS Lumia 535 Dual SIM (RM-1090)
CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 Quad Core @1.2 GHz
RAM: 1GB
Internal Storage: 8GB
External Storage: Upto 128GB microsd card(class 10 or UHS-I)
Screen: 5" IPS qHD 540x960
Camera: 5MP rear with LED flash and 5MP FFC
Connectivity: 3G,Wi-Fi, BT 4.0 LE
Sensors: Ambient Light, Accelerometer and Proximity Sensors.

Shadow.97

http://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_ascend_y550-6676.php

I think this phone is really great, the sad thing is that the internal storage is extremely limited.
The phone was great for the price, it was meant for only calling originally, but as my S3 started to die slowly I decided to use it full time.
I paid 999SEK for it.

CPU:Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A53
RAM:1GB
Internal Storage: 4GB
External Storage: 16GB
Screen; 4.5 inches (480x854 px)
Camera: 5MP rear with flash, no idea of front
Connectivity: 3G, WifFi, Bluetooth, LTE 4G

And one Galaxy S3 LTE version with extended battery. Currently not in use because of broken charger port.  Going to order a chargerport online to put in.

Vasudev

Shadow97-> is this thread any good/helpful?

scarface

Shadow.97

Quote from: Vasudev on April 27, 2015, 07:33 PM
Shadow97-> is this thread any good/helpful?
I think so.

Also. Are you two happy with Windows phone?
Personally I'm not ready for a move over to Windows Phone. My classmate has one and Voice search, and a lot of apps are not available in "Our region" (Sweden)

scarface

Actually, there is one application that I need which is only available on android. Except that, it's a good phone, maybe the camera is a bit weak, the quality of the photos is not very good, you can judge them on the forum.

humbert

I'm glad someone started this topic. I think it's necessary given that almost everyone who eats every day carries a cell phone.

@Vasudev - Following up on what Shadow asked you, what's your opinion on your Windows phone? I'm asking because so far I've yet to hear anything positive, let alone a recommendation.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note II. One reason is I'm in love with the S-pen. I'm clumsy with my fingers and the pen comes in very handy. The phone is 3 years old but at this point there is no need to upgrade. Hopefully my next phone will feature 64bit architecture, using Qualcomm Snapdragon 820, Samsung Exynos 7420 or better. I'm an Android guy, I have a iPhone 4 for 2 years and I hate Apple to the bone.

Those of you who also use Android, I'm assuming your devices are rooted. Do you guys like to flash custom ROMS as I do?

Daniil

3 month ago I bought for myself a Lenovo A319 phone. And I'm very glad that I bought it.  :)

Yes, it's chineese. But it's functional and effective android device, very good for everyday usage.

Specifications of it is:
CPU: MediaTec 2 Core 1.3GHz
RAM: 512 Mb
Internal storage: 4Gb
External storage: up to 32 Gb MicroSD (I set up 8GB Kingston microSD).
Screen: 4.0" 800x480 ЕТ
Cameras: rear 5.0MPx with LED flash (flash also works as flashlight, very usefull!), front 2.0 MPx.
Battery: 1500 mAh (With WiFi, two SIMs in waiting mode and RSS reader, it holds charge 24 hours. If you need more - turn off WiFi.).
Also it has GPS, FM tuner, a dual SIM... and chinese weather reporter installed by default.

Last program that I was mentioned, is a bit crazy. I used it for 1,5 month, but it never shown correct weather. :) But! 1.5 month ago guys from St.Petersburg Lenovo users forum wrote to Lenovo tech support with question about this errors... I don't know how many hundreds of chinese programmers was shot, but in 2 days we got an update for it, and now it shows weather prognosis more correct than that one from TV.

Summing up, I can say that it's a good smartphone. It's cheap (5990 RUR, when I bought it, it was about 100 USD), it's Android 4.4.2, with GPS it is good when you drive somewhere, two SIM allows you to separate your work and your private life well, cameras are simple but they make a nice photos. FM tuner with comfortable earplugs helps you stay concentrated at work. Because it's Android, it's an open system, so I can experiment by writing different software for it. Versatile and functional device, just as I like.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on April 29, 2015, 05:08 AM
I'm glad someone started this topic. I think it's necessary given that almost everyone who eats every day carries a cell phone.

@Vasudev - Following up on what Shadow asked you, what's your opinion on your Windows phone? I'm asking because so far I've yet to hear anything positive, let alone a recommendation.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note II. One reason is I'm in love with the S-pen. I'm clumsy with my fingers and the pen comes in very handy. The phone is 3 years old but at this point there is no need to upgrade. Hopefully my next phone will feature 64bit architecture, using Qualcomm Snapdragon 820, Samsung Exynos 7420 or better. I'm an Android guy, I have a iPhone 4 for 2 years and I hate Apple to the bone.

Those of you who also use Android, I'm assuming your devices are rooted. Do you guys like to flash custom ROMS as I do?
For now, Lumia 535 would suffice my needs. My needs are very basic indeed; I use WhatsApp occasionally and moderate WiFi usage for 3-4 Hrs daily and lite gaming. Battery life on wp8.1 denim needs heavy improvements.  I only get 2-3 days battery life after a single charge(since I was nokia s40 user which had a battery life a minimum of 4-6 days on single charge).
Overall I'm happy with the current phone.
One more creepy idea came to my mind yesterday, it is about creating mini Maherz Digital World group on WhatsApp. Sounds good?

Shadow.97

Quote from: Vasudev on April 29, 2015, 06:26 PM
Quote from: humbert on April 29, 2015, 05:08 AM

For now, Lumia 535 would suffice my needs. My needs are very basic indeed; I use WhatsApp occasionally and moderate WiFi usage for 3-4 Hrs daily and lite gaming. Battery life on wp8.1 denim needs heavy improvements.  I only get 2-3 days battery life after a single charge(since I was nokia s40 user which had a battery life a minimum of 4-6 days on single charge).
Overall I'm happy with the current phone.
One more creepy idea came to my mind yesterday, it is about creating mini Maherz Digital World group on WhatsApp. Sounds good?
I don't have space for additional apps.. Can't have it at the moment  ::)
If anyone is up for a call on skype, or text, ask me and we'll sort it out. I'm more interested in a Skype group though.

Apps I use on my phone regularly(android)
Alarm clock Plus. Easy to use alarm.. forcing me to do math.. :)
ASTRO File Manager. I use it to move files, and just browse files.
CallsFreeCalls, Call free to most parts of the world, and text free, in return watch videos or watch ads. It's simple, and I do it when I have nothing to do or wait for a text message.
Dingtone, same as CallsFreeCalls.
Easytether PRO, a really good app, I think it's worth paying for. Allows to tether WiFi connections to PC, I mainly used this on my S3, havn't tested yet on my Huawei.
JuiceSSH + PerformenceMonitor plugin, SSH to my Rasp.Pi2, and monitor cpu, ram, diskusage, internet usage etc.
Maxthon Browser, Great for browsing, it's not that great for some video sites, but it goes around. My favorite, next favorite is Dolphin.
Messenger for Facebook, Using this to communicate with my classmates.
OpenVPN for android, for using my VPN.
RD Client, Windows remote desktop.
Snapchat, send pictures that delete after a time(Still screenshotable)
Swish, easily transfer money from my bankaccount to a friends bank account. This app is superb. Let's say my friend pays my ticket for the Cinema because I forgot my debitcard at home, I can open the app and send him the funds directly, it takes the money directly from the bank account, no fees, no ads etc.
BANKID, Allows authentication for Bank, Military survey(Forced to enter some details when you turn 18.), Swish etc.
SEB, My banks app, view balance, pay others, manage your accounts, request support, pay bills.
Wattpad, Reading.