• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Financial news and stock markets.

Started by scarface, February 26, 2015, 08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

Well, This morning, at roughly 1.30 pm gmt, I told you to sell stocks. The European markets were euphoric after EU summit reached "historic deal" to curb the recession in Europe.
I told you to sell stocks because that's what I did: I sold some Societe Generale at 16.15â,¬ and I bought back the position at 15.70â,¬. Since I sold 2800 stocks, It turned out to be a profitable trade. I reinforced my short positions on the s&p 500 at 3260 points too.

So what's going to happen now? I see some bearishness on the markets because the US equity market is pretty expensive. Today, the GAFAM ended lower and I wouldn't be surprised of a correction pretty soon. I'm not at ease with Amazon at 3200$ or Tesla at 1500$ or even Apple near 400$. I expect the coronavirus pandemic to have a negative effect on the American economy over the next few months.
Note that the precious metals were trading higher today: Silver ended up the session up 5% while Gold reached an all-time high. I'm still bullish for the precious metals sector as sentiment remains “buoyant". I think Silver price can easily reach 25$ per ounce.

Note that I bought a bottle of prestigious wine tonight. And I will present another recipe tomorrow. Since face masks have become mandatory in France in public places today, due to a recent "surge" of the coronavirus pandemic, you now look like a surgeon everywhere you go. I couldn't help laughing in the supermarket tonight since I wasn't using masks before. With everyone wearing a mask, it reminded me of primetime series Emergency Heights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNEadYEZb9M

scarface

Today, I'm going to give you a brief overview of the stock markets.

The European markets are down (again) today: the cac 40 is down 0.74% and the Dax is down 0.34%.
Precious metals have been a glittering investment, but today gold and silver fall back as precious metals rally loses some steam. This morning, silver traded above 26$, but it is now at 23.6$ per ounce.

scarface

Today, I'm going to give you a brief overview of the stock market.

Global markets tumbled on Monday, with European stocks falling the most since July as investors worried about tighter virus restrictions and a report detailing suspicious transactions at international banks.

S&P 500 equity futures sank 1.8%, indicating U.S. stocks are poised to extend three weeks of losses. Political tensions also making traders nervous as Republicans and Democrats prepare to fight over who will be the next Supreme Court justice. Treasuries rose and the dollar strengthened.
In France equities are down too, as the cac 40 is dropping 3.35%.

Airlines and travel companies led losses in the Europe Stoxx 600 Index.
Nikola Corp. plunged 36% in U.S. pre-market trading. The electric-vehicle startup that recently partnered with General Motors Co. said its founder stepped down as executive chairman.

scarface

I hope Humbert, little Vasudev and the users of the forum are fine.
The stock markets are up today. For how long?
I sold some Société générale and bought some bearish positions on the sp500.

Note that new comics could be available soon.

scarface

Today, I'm going to give you a brief overview of the stock markets. The cac 40 is dropping 1.88%.
Yesterday, Macron ordered nighttime curfew as coronavirus infections rose.
The s&p 500 is expected to open lower too.

https://www.boursorama.com/bourse/indices/cours/1rPCAC/

scarface

-2.45% for the cac!
I think you should not hurry to buy, the downturn in the financial markets is not over.

scarface

Tonight, the Dow Jones is dropping more than 350 points. Is there going to be another crash?
Note that I'm still short on the s&p 500.

Thami kabbaj explains in this video to be prepared for another downturn in the stock markets (in French).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twFH5QOhx80

scarface

Today, I'm going to give you a quick insight into the stock markets.

The dow Jones futures are crumbling today. Investors must be forecasting a defeat of Trump.
In this uncertain environment, I advise you to be careful.

scarface

Well, this morning I told you to be careful with the stock markets.
Tonight, the Dow Jones is dropping practically 800 points. This is a correction and it's probably not over.

Covid-19 cases are spiking again in the U.S., as well as in Europe. Meantime, a coronavirus stimulus deal looks less likely before the Nov. 4 election, as House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin appear to be at an impasse.

American Express, down 4% in twice normal trade, dropped below its 50-day line. The credit card giant on Friday reported mixed Q3 results as consumers curb travel, restaurant and entertainment spending during the pandemic.

Boeing lost 3.6% after China announced sanctions on Boeing, Lockheed Martin (LMT) and Raytheon Technologies (RTX) on Monday.

scarface

Tonight, I'm going to give you a brief overview of the stock markets.
There is currently a steep correction at Wall Street. The Dow Jones is dropping almost 800 points on mounting concerns over the coronavirus and the global economic recovery.
The U.S. indexes took their cues from the European market benchmarks. The German Dax index dropped 4.2% to its lowest level since late May. The French CAC 40 slid 3.4%. The FTSE 100 in London closed 2.6% lower.
Investors’ hopes that the COVID pandemic would not force further stringent mitigations measures and/or potential wholesale lockdowns that would push global economies back into ‘low-consumption mode’ appear to be coming under challenge.

The recent uptick in Covid cases has led some countries to reinstate certain social distancing measures. In the U.S., the state of Illinois has ordered Chicago to shut down indoor dining. In Europe, German officials agreed to a four-week partial lockdown. The French government was also expected to impose new restrictions to stem the recent coronavirus increase.