• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Financial news and stock markets.

Started by scarface, February 26, 2015, 08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on March 01, 2022, 05:01 AM
Hey Scarface -> I know this is off topic but let me ask anyway. I could have sworn I responded to Daniil's Feb 25 post on this topic, but I'm not seeing it. You know the forum's software better than I do. How do you see what you've posted beginning with last post and going backwards in time? I find it impossible that one of the other moderators deleted it.

profile -> summary -> show posts
Or maybe it's a mod-tool you're thinking of :D ?

scarface

Quote from: humbert on March 01, 2022, 05:01 AM
Hey Scarface -> I know this is off topic but let me ask anyway. I could have sworn I responded to Daniil's Feb 25 post on this topic, but I'm not seeing it. You know the forum's software better than I do. How do you see what you've posted beginning with last post and going backwards in time? I find it impossible that one of the other moderators deleted it.
Click on you pseudo and then on "Show posts". Apparently you didn't post anything on January the 25th. At least if Vasudev or Maher didn't delete one of your messages (I didn't delete any messages last week, and even last month even if I still want to clean the "Windows 7 Component Store Cleanup - Rebase" topic - It seems shadow.97 made the same answer, one minute before.

scarface

Note that the crack of the cac40 continues today as Russian rockets hit Kharkiv while Mariupol is ‘hanging on’ and Russian troops are reportedly advancing towards Mykolaiv.

In this context Russia faces financial meltdown as sanctions slam its economy.
The ruble crashed to a record low against the US dollar, the Russian central bank more than doubled interest rates to 20%, and the Moscow stock exchange was shuttered for the day. It will stay closed today, the central bank announced. The ruble lost up to 30% against the euro yesterday (see below).

Daniil

Quote from: scarface on March 01, 2022, 12:51 PM
Russian rockets hit Kharkiv while Mariupol is ‘hanging on’ and Russian troops are reportedly advancing towards Mykolaiv.
Some internal info - just a hour ago I called my relatives in Izmail, it's on south-western border of Ukraine. 2 hours ago russian rockets destroyed RLS near the town. Luckily, with no casualities.

Daniil

And latest update about the situation. In Ukraine shooting a bit, presidents of Ukraine and Russia continues negotiation, but:

• The stock exchanges in Russia temporarily deny to buy any stock of russian companies
  • Central bank of Russia raising an invasion into economy. They announced that they will spent about a trillion rubles to buy-out the stock of russian companies.
That's good at a first glance - government supporting economy in a critical situation, etc. But - as I can remember, budget of the country was deficite this year. I.e., they just have no source to get this trillion. I.e., they just "printed" it.

That means that oligarchy just saving their skins, to deny other to get any part of their capital, regardless of any losses. And we'll get mighty inflation at end of this year.

That's not so bad, because most of critical infrastructure will stay working... But about any of goods from western countries we must forget for a looooong time... (

humbert

The sad part about the invasion is that Putin could have easily avoided all this. But NO. In his attempt to oust Zelensky's democratically elected government and install a puppet regime -- and seize Ukraine's oil and gas reserves -- has cost him dearly. The whole world is against him, even Switzerland. Xi Jing Ping in China called Putin's decision "regrettable". Worst of all, it's the Ukrainian and Russian people who must suffer the consequences.

Putin somehow believed this would be some sort of blitzkrieg and that Ukrainians would welcome their Russian brothers with flowers, liberating them from the "neo-Nazi" (Zelensky is Jewish) regime in Kyiv. What happened is quite the opposite. Fierce resistance - 6 days in and both Kharkiv and Kyiv are holding depite being vastly outnumbered. Many Russian soldiers have surrendered only because they decided not to participate in Putin's war, not because they were defeated militarily. This is, of course, not reported in Putin's news agencies.

It's important to understand the world has no issue with the Russian Federation nor with the Russian people. The culprit here is Putin. Sadly, getting rid of a despot is not easy.

Daniil

Quote from: humbert on March 02, 2022, 05:06 AM
The sad part about the invasion is that Putin could have easily avoided all this.
Yes, that's true. This invasion is a result of a chain of an incorrect solutions, about 10 years long.

Quote from: humbert on March 02, 2022, 05:06 AM
It's important to understand the world has no issue with the Russian Federation nor with the Russian people. The culprit here is Putin. Sadly, getting rid of a despot is not easy.
Oh, come on! Western countries are same bastards as our russian government. Today my Facebook is blocked, I can't pay for a games in Steam, I can't upgrade my PC (which is crucial for my job), and if I want to go (even for run away) to Europe, any paths are blocked. Why? Only because I'm russian? That's same as nazism, by the way. Europeans yapping that they fight against Putin, but they didn't reject buying of russian natural gas. I.e., base of financial stability of Putin's regime is untouched, and they, in fact, fighting only with ordinary russians.

scarface

Quote from: Daniil on March 02, 2022, 09:20 AM
Oh, come on! Western countries are same bastards as our russian government. Today my Facebook is blocked, I can't pay for a games in Steam, I can't upgrade my PC (which is crucial for my job), and if I want to go (even for run away) to Europe, any paths are blocked. Why? Only because I'm russian? That's same as nazism, by the way. Europeans yapping that they fight against Putin, but they didn't reject buying of russian natural gas. I.e., base of financial stability of Putin's regime is untouched, and they, in fact, fighting only with ordinary russians.
Those sanctions are certainly hard for the Russians, but there is no denying that Putin is a dictator. He has become one of the world's richest man at the expense of the Russian population. A few months ago I read this article on Le Monde (maybe you can access it and translate it, at least the free part). It says "While macroeconomic indicators are at their highest, the standard of living of Russians continues to deteriorate. The fault of a rigid political system": https://www.lemonde.fr/economie/article/2021/10/13/russie-riche-russes-pauvres_6098099_3234.html
I'm not sure such an article could be published in the main newspapers in Russia.
Note that In France, RT and Sputnik were banned. They were already the propaganda organs of the right-wing politicians like Marine Le Pen and Zemmour (they don't speak, they bark) who were publicly supporting the policy of Russia until recently. I must say that I was just following one speaker on RT France. A few days ago, before RT France was blocked, I stumbled upon another speaker on youtube who was supporting the invasion of Ukraine, of course. You feel that the journalists were warned against any attempt to keep away from the editorial policy.

Daniil

Quote from: scarface on March 02, 2022, 09:50 AM
Those sanctions are certainly hard for the Russians, but there is no denying that Putin is a dictator. He has become one of the world's richest man at the expense of the Russian population. A few months ago I read this article on Le Monde (maybe you can access it and translate it, at least the free part). It says "While macroeconomic indicators are at their highest, the standard of living of Russians continues to deteriorate. The fault of a rigid political system": https://www.lemonde.fr/economie/article/2021/10/13/russie-riche-russes-pauvres_6098099_3234.html
I'm not sure such an article could be published in the main newspapers in Russia.
That's no doubt.

Note that In France, RT and Sputnik were banned. They were already the propaganda organs of the right-wing politicians like Marine Le Pen and Zemmour (they don't speak, they bark) who were publicly supporting the policy of Russia until recently. I must say that I was just following one speaker on RT France. A few days ago, before RT France was blocked, I stumbled upon another speaker on youtube who was supporting the invasion of Ukraine, of course.
And that is very good. Russian government TV and official youtube channels are just crazy. Looks like that they are built based on rules created by Goebbels - only emotions, rage and nazi-like hatred. Nobody of adequate people in Russia watch them. This channels are one of many mistakes of russian image in international politics. They made turn image of Russia to image of evil empire, and I definetly doesn't understand, why this was done.

You feel that the journalists were warned against any attempt to keep away from the editorial policy.
That's an official law today that press must not said anything against an invasion, until the conflict is ended. Those who try to say anything against, are banned and agencies are closed. General procurator posted a law that nobody in official press must say anything against the conflict.

You can think that's a ferity, but I think that until conflict is over, it's normal. Because this could help to end the invasion faster and with less casualtites and instability inside of Russia. But I'm worried that even after all this, censorship will stayed (we are in Russia, things here changes from bad to very bad, no other way).

humbert

It's truly sad that the innocent people of Russia must suffer through these punishing sanctions. Unfortunately the only other alternative is nuclear war. If history has taught us anything, it's that dictators must be stopped. In the 1930's and 1940's free countries stood idly by and watched as the agressors of the day swallow nation after nation. The world paid a high price of its complacency. Today I read an article where Lukashenko spoke and implied, in no uncertain terms, that after Ukraine is done, Tsar Vladimir I next target is Moldova.

Don't think for a second the Russian oligarchs support this war. Many have had their assets frozen and seized left and right, and they're blaming the Tsar. One of them (I don't recall his name) even went as far as to put a bounty on Putin's head: he will pay $1 million dollars to whoever kills Tsar Vladimir I.

Another important reason Ukraine is still holding is because Russian soldiers have no interest in fighting. They see the Ukrainians as their brothers and not their enemies. Zelensky even signed a decree that Ukrainians who capture Russian tanks and weapons do not have to report them as income and therefore don't have to pay taxes on them! This can only happen if Russian soldiers simply abandon the tank and walk away (Zelensky decreed that Russian who do this will NOT be harmed). Of one thing I am certain: if Ukraine was an enclave of Nazi Germany, this war would have been over long ago.

It's funny Tsar Vladimir I calls the Ukrainians neo-fascists. American fascists such as hard-core Trump supporters and French fascists led by Marine LePen are both supporting Putin. And let's not forget the president of Ukraine is a Jew. Who then is the real fascist?

Another thing: formerly neutral nations such and Finland and Sweden now want to join NATO. The Tsar wanted to weaken NATO and achieved exactly the opposite.