• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Financial news and stock markets.

Started by scarface, February 26, 2015, 08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniil

Quote from: humbert on March 03, 2022, 06:12 AM
It's truly sad that the innocent people of Russia must suffer through these punishing sanctions. Unfortunately the only other alternative is nuclear war.
Oh, seriously?! ??? ;D
I.e., when US destroying Korea, Vietnam, Panama, Nikaragua, Libya, Iraq, Sirya, Yougoslavia, etc, etc, etc (US had conflicts with 25 (TWENTY FIVE) countries since 1950!), covering by the "need to protect national interests" (oh, yes, in Yugoslavia! And in Vietnam, yes, suuuure!) it's normal, no nuclear war needed? Because US are always good guy, not like other countries?
Or maybe just because this countries has no nuclear weapons, almost no military industry, and they have no chances to strike back?
Or Russia have no rights to protect it's interests, just because US propaganda say that US are good, and Russia are definetly bad?

If history has taught us anything, it's that dictators must be stopped. In the 1930's and 1940's free countries stood idly by and watched as the agressors of the day swallow nation after nation. The world paid a high price of its complacency. Today I read an article where Lukashenko spoke and implied, in no uncertain terms, that after Ukraine is done, Tsar Vladimir I next target is Moldova.
Yes, for sure dictators must be stopped. So, help to stop them! Why after your western "help" russian banking and oligarchs got ONE TRILLION (one thousand billions!) from budget as "supporting in critical situation", and I can't now buy sweden furniture from IKEA? Why I can't even get away from here? Modern US strategists are stupid idiots, they can't be even compared with those smart badasses who win the Cold War. They know nothing about peoples. US defeated the Sovet Union not by their power, but by their friendliness, openness, rock music, jeans, bubblegum and ideas of freedom. And with current politics, they'll got a USSR 2.0 - a hybrid between USSR 1.0 and fascist Germany, with new mad dictator.

Don't think for a second the Russian oligarchs support this war. Many have had their assets frozen and seized left and right, and they're blaming the Tsar.
Nope. I already said, how many money they got after economic blockade, and they'll got more.

One of them (I don't recall his name) even went as far as to put a bounty on Putin's head: he will pay $1 million dollars to whoever kills Tsar Vladimir I.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Are you so naive, that you think that $1M in this business is so big price? Putin just give to the killer his wirstwatch. If you watched Navalniy's videos, you should know, that ded's wirstwatch are about $1.58M

Another important reason Ukraine is still holding is because Russian soldiers have no interest in fighting. They see the Ukrainians as their brothers and not their enemies. Zelensky even signed a decree that Ukrainians who capture Russian tanks and weapons do not have to report them as income and therefore don't have to pay taxes on them! This can only happen if Russian soldiers simply abandon the tank and walk away (Zelensky decreed that Russian who do this will NOT be harmed). Of one thing I am certain: if Ukraine was an enclave of Nazi Germany, this war would have been over long ago.
No, that's mostly because our troubles with logistics. Russian tanks just stopped without spareparts, and logistical units just doesn't reached it at a time. So they are dropped from the roads to save the speed of armoured columns, and was found by ukrainians. That's known problem - that was wide-spreaded, for example, in conflict with Chekhoslovakia at 1968. Also, at war nobody pay taxes for tanks, comrade. :D
You're absolutely correct, nobody want to fight against Ukraine. There are lot of relatives and families of all of us at Ukraine. But if commanders said to attack, orders doesn't discussed.

BTW, officially active phase of conflict is over. We got casualties - 498 dead, 1571 injured, and about 2100 deads and 3100 injured from Ukraine's side. That's not good, because, by my experience, our military decreases casulaties about a factor 1.5. I.e., we got about 750 "twohundred". About losses in civilians I have no info, but, as I know from Ukraine side, they are about 10-15 dead and 300+ injured. That's very bad, because they are innocent victims.

It's funny Tsar Vladimir I calls the Ukrainians neo-fascists. American fascists such as hard-core Trump supporters and French fascists led by Marine LePen are both supporting Putin. And let's not forget the president of Ukraine is a Jew. Who then is the real fascist?
Yes, the fascist rethorics are definetly visible in speaches of official government. Putin looks like he is resisting to that yet, but many others have in their heads a monstrous mix of othodoxal ideas and purely slavic fascism. That's ashame for all us. The trouble is in a small bunch of neo-slavic, neo-fascist philosofers, near to Kremlin, so called "Russian Society" - like pure fascist Alexander Dugin with his ideas that slavs are aryans (in the same sense in which German propaganda said about the Germans ). They are a kind of slavic radicals - like a muslims radicals. They have a large influence to some russian political officials.

BTW, comrades, I think that we seeing a historic event - we seeing now a first war of cyberpunk society, an example of art of war and politics of a new age of human civilization. I.e., main sides are corporative conglomerates, no direct conflict, but one of sides are almost destroyed, dropped in growth 25 years back. And we shouldn't use a terms "Russia, US, Europe" etc. We should read news like this: "Corporative conglomerate Ursh, after a ravage economical invasion, disadvantageously exchanged their financial assets to capital goods with United Bauhaus Conglomerate."

humbert

Before I respond, let me ask: do you have access to news agencies other than Putin's propaganda?

Quote from: Daniil on March 03, 2022, 09:08 PM
I.e., when US destroying Korea, Vietnam, Panama, Nikaragua, Libya, Iraq, Sirya, Yougoslavia, etc, etc, etc (US had conflicts with 25 (TWENTY FIVE) countries since 1950!), covering by the "need to protect national interests"

None of the countries you mentioned are "destroyed", not even Vietnam which his the most extreme example. All are alive and well and enjoy good relations with the USA, with the possible exception of Syria and North Korea. While the USA might have influence in one more than another, none are US puppet states. If you want we'll take each country one by one for a more detailed explanation.

(oh, yes, in Yugoslavia! And in Vietnam, yes, suuuure!) it's normal, no nuclear war needed? Because US are always good guy, not like other countries?

Yugoslavia was brought together artifically in 1927. They took Croats, Serbs, Slovenes, Bosnians, Montenegrenes, and Kosovarians, lumping them together into one country. After the war dictator Josip Broz (Tito) took over and established a strong anti-Soviet Communist government that continued to hold the country together by force. After he died everthing fell apart, then came the war where there was ethnic cleansing and concentration camps. NATO stepped in to stop the violence. Now all these countries are individually sovereign.

Or Russia have no rights to protect it's interests, just because US propaganda say that US are good, and Russia are definetly bad?

Does "protect its interests" include the present invasion of Ukraine? Are you suggesting the world stand idly by and let Putin get away with this?

Yes, for sure dictators must be stopped. So, help to stop them! Why after your western "help" russian banking and oligarchs got ONE TRILLION (one thousand billions!) from budget as "supporting in critical situation", and I can't now buy sweden furniture from IKEA? Why I can't even get away from here? Modern US strategists are stupid idiots, they can't be even compared with those smart badasses who win the Cold War. They know nothing about peoples. US defeated the Sovet Union not by their power, but by their friendliness, openness, rock music, jeans, bubblegum and ideas of freedom. And with current politics, they'll got a USSR 2.0 - a hybrid between USSR 1.0 and fascist Germany, with new mad dictator.

Terrible mistakes were made by people in power who probably did not understand the situation in Russia. As I recall Russia was temporarily a democracy (at least on paper) until Putin took power in 1999 and decided to stay there. And NO, the west did NOT "win" the cold war. It was Gorbachev who introduced glasnost followed by perestroika. As western influence came in it became clear to everyone in Russia that Communist economics don't work. After that everything fell apart.

Nope. I already said, how many money they got after economic blockade, and they'll got more.

I saw in the news today one of the oligarchs lost a $600 million yacht. Germany seized it. Yes, they have plenty of money but they could continue making more in Putin hadn't invaded Ukraine -- and all without any issue with the west. At least this guy would still have his yacht.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Are you so naive, that you think that $1M in this business is so big price? Putin just give to the killer his wirstwatch. If you watched Navalniy's videos, you should know, that ded's wirstwatch are about $1.58M

The simple fact that somebody puts a bounty on anyone's head doesn't mean killing his target will be easy. I'm just telling you what he did. Why? We should pose the question to him.

No, that's mostly because our troubles with logistics. Russian tanks just stopped without spareparts, and logistical units just doesn't reached it at a time. So they are dropped from the roads to save the speed of armoured columns, and was found by ukrainians. That's known problem - that was wide-spreaded, for example, in conflict with Chekhoslovakia at 1968. Also, at war nobody pay taxes for tanks, comrade. :D
You're absolutely correct, nobody want to fight against Ukraine. There are lot of relatives and families of all of us at Ukraine. But if commanders said to attack, orders doesn't discussed.

I don't dispute the fact that there have been problems with logistics. But with respect to Russian soldiers not violating orders, all western press outlets report a different picture. Naturally Putin doesn't allow this to be discussed. That's the same situation with the death toll. The numbers you mentioned are what Putin reported, in fact I saw them in the news today (i.e., Putin said....) . Ukraine's figures reported by the press are different. I do know one thing - we are one week in as of today and Ukraine is still holding. This despite overwhelming Russian military superiority. Do you believe Putin?

scarface

Note that a new crack is expected today on the stock markets as Russian President vowed no let-up in his invasion of Ukraine.
The Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant, the largest in Europe, was shelled.

scarface

Today, the crack of the stock markets continued with the war in Ukraine and the soaring prices of commodities.
The cac 40 lost 5%, while the price of Brent is up 3% at 114$ per barrel.

humbert

Quote from: scarface on March 04, 2022, 06:44 PM
Today, the crack of the stock markets continued with the war in Ukraine and the soaring prices of commodities.

Tell me about it. I deliver food as a part-time job. I've seen gasoline prices as high as 95¢ per liter! Here in Texas it's not that bad because this is an oil and gas state. I don't even want to see what it's like in California. The sad part about all this is that even before the war the US imported less than 3% of it's oil from Russia. As of today's date the price of a barrel of oil is $115. To put this into perspective, it waas $68.25 on December 20, 2021. Thanks Tsar Vladimir.

scarface

Quote from: humbert on March 06, 2022, 05:05 AM
Tell me about it. I deliver food as a part-time job. I've seen gasoline prices as high as 95¢ per liter! Here in Texas it's not that bad because this is an oil and gas state. I don't even want to see what it's like in California. The sad part about all this is that even before the war the US imported less than 3% of it's oil from Russia. As of today's date the price of a barrel of oil is $115. To put this into perspective, it waas $68.25 on December 20, 2021. Thanks Tsar Vladimir.
Maybe you can use a bicycle...
Here a photo taken on the Bvd St Germain in front of the Mcdonald.

In France gas prices are much higher. Here I filled up the car (half of a tank actually)

scarface

Tonight, I'm going to give you a brief overview of the stock markets.

The Brent oil price futures are up 8% tonight (and 9% for the WTI, at 125$!), as Russia-Ukraine war drives supply fears. Unfortunately for humbert who is a delivery man, the gasoline price should keep going up, at least on the short term.

Likewise, The gas prices futures are up 2%. The Dutch TTF hub, the benchmark gas price for Europe, surged to a record high on Friday amid concerns about supply disruptions from Russia and traders steering clear of deals with Gazprom’s trading unit.
In this context, the stock markets futures are down 250 points on the Dow Jones and 40 points on the cac40. The downward move should continue.

scarface

Note that another crack is currenly taking place on the European stock markets. The cac 40 is losing 4,6%. (Away from the turmoil, it probably makes Maher and humbert laugh).

humbert

Quote from: scarface on March 07, 2022, 01:19 AM
The Brent oil price futures are up 8% tonight (and 9% for the WTI, at 125$!), as Russia-Ukraine war drives supply fears. Unfortunately for humbert who is a delivery man, the gasoline price should keep going up, at least on the short term.

Tell me about it! To fill the gas tank today cost me $42. I'm thinking of getting a hybrid. They're very economical especially for driving in the city. Hybrids started with the Toyota Prius, now all manufacturers have them. I keep hearing the government is going to release oil from the strategic petroleum reserves in order to lower the price. We shall see.

scarface

Quote from: humbert on March 08, 2022, 04:50 AM
Tell me about it! To fill the gas tank today cost me $42. I'm thinking of getting a hybrid. They're very economical especially for driving in the city. Hybrids started with the Toyota Prius, now all manufacturers have them. I keep hearing the government is going to release oil from the strategic petroleum reserves in order to lower the price. We shall see.
The difficulty is that San Antonio is not densely populated. If the oil price is not affordable any more for you, the solution of the bicycle could be sustainable but it's not feasible if you have to travel long distancies for your deliveries. In my opinion, a high oil price is threatening the business models of firms like Amazon or Uber eats. They are not viable if oil is too expensive.
Maybe a differentiation strategy could help you. If you are delivering food only in a small neighborhood and not in the whole city, a donkey would be enough.

A delivery donkey in Fes el Bali, Morocco