• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 7 Component Store Cleanup - Rebase

Started by harkaz, December 26, 2015, 09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on December 13, 2018, 07:49 AM
My battery doesn't last even a day with mobile hotspot. My speed hovers between 10-15Mb/s on my old 3G phone. I can use 1.4GB/day and along with that I have 5GB addon pack.

4G LTE is available where you are, right? Incidentally, you told me once the city you live in. Please run that by me once again.

Do you have a car? If so you can use a car charger for the phone, or preferably an inverter. If not, then do you at least carry a portable battery around for emergencies? Oh, and before I forget, if you don't have a car do you use public transport?

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on December 19, 2018, 06:40 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on December 13, 2018, 07:49 AM
My battery doesn't last even a day with mobile hotspot. My speed hovers between 10-15Mb/s on my old 3G phone. I can use 1.4GB/day and along with that I have 5GB addon pack.

4G LTE is available where you are, right? Incidentally, you told me once the city you live in. Please run that by me once again.

Do you have a car? If so you can use a car charger for the phone, or preferably an inverter. If not, then do you at least carry a portable battery around for emergencies? Oh, and before I forget, if you don't have a car do you use public transport?
Yes there's 4G or LTE band available. I don't have a 4G phone.Its not as top notch as in Developed countries.
I use a power bank or my laptop to charge it. I do have a MiFi router which is 4G with the same data limit of 1.4GB per day. MiFi gets topped off when you some Sporting events like Cricket, Football etc.. where they provide 2GB per day at no extra cost.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on December 19, 2018, 07:18 AM
Yes there's 4G or LTE band available. I don't have a 4G phone.Its not as top notch as in Developed countries.
I use a power bank or my laptop to charge it. I do have a MiFi router which is 4G with the same data limit of 1.4GB per day. MiFi gets topped off when you some Sporting events like Cricket, Football etc.. where they provide 2GB per day at no extra cost.

Explain something to me. Mifi's work with mobile data by creating WiFi hotspot. Your wireless provider allows you 1.4GB a day. That's not bad. 1.4 ͯ 30 = 42GB a month. I only get 14GB/month, except they don't count it by day. What about your ISP? Did you say they give you a 10GB download cap or something?

I'm assuming your wireless provider is GSM. Does the MiFi use a SIM card to communicate with the towers?

What city do you live in? You told me once but I forgot.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on December 21, 2018, 05:48 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on December 19, 2018, 07:18 AM

Explain something to me. Mifi's work with mobile data by creating WiFi hotspot. Your wireless provider allows you 1.4GB a day. That's not bad. 1.4 ͯ 30 = 42GB a month. I only get 14GB/month, except they don't count it by day. What about your ISP? Did you say they give you a 10GB download cap or something?

I'm assuming your wireless provider is GSM. Does the MiFi use a SIM card to communicate with the towers?

What city do you live in? You told me once but I forgot.
I have 2 of them. One is Jio with Mifi router with its SIM and another is my phone using Airtel with same plan as Jio with unlimited text,voice calls and data.
I use GSM. Yes, Mifi uses SIM card to communicate with towers.
My ISP throttles all downloads to 10Kbps or less. It was a 10Mbps with 120-150GB plan.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on December 21, 2018, 06:18 PM
I have 2 of them. One is Jio with Mifi router with its SIM and another is my phone using Airtel with same plan as Jio with unlimited text,voice calls and data.

2 mobile providers, both offering limited text, voice calls and data. Awesome! I believe you said they offer 4G(LTE) but you don't have the right hardware. Right? Do they throttle your data speed after a certain amount?

Quote from: Vasudev on December 21, 2018, 06:18 PM
My ISP throttles all downloads to 10Kbps or less. It was a 10Mbps with 120-150GB plan.

10Kbps? Are you sure this isn't a typo? As I recall 25 years ago 14.4Kbps using a landline/modem was state of the art.

Where did you say you live? Just curious, that's all.

Vasudev

2 mobile providers, both offering limited text, voice calls and data. Awesome! I believe you said they offer 4G(LTE) but you don't have the right hardware. Right? Do they throttle your data speed after a certain amount?

After crossing 1.4GB the speeds will throttle to 144Kbps unless you get data booster pack to get 4G/LTE speeds.
I'm limited by my phone's hardware. It can do only 3.5G at max.

10Kbps? Are you sure this isn't a typo? As I recall 25 years ago 14.4Kbps using a landline/modem was state of the art.

Where did you say you live? Just curious, that's all.
You heard that right. Any "heavy downloads" say 40Megs and above gets the same treatment.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on December 22, 2018, 08:02 AM
You heard that right. Any "heavy downloads" say 40Megs and above gets the same treatment.

This is ludicrous, especially given the fact that your ISP is not the only game in town. You have 2 cell providers who provide far better service. I say ditch the ISP and stick with your 2 mobile providers.

It must take forever to simply load a web page with 10kbps. I don't know what these people are even thinking.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on December 23, 2018, 05:51 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on December 22, 2018, 08:02 AM

This is ludicrous, especially given the fact that your ISP is not the only game in town. You have 2 cell providers who provide far better service. I say ditch the ISP and stick with your 2 mobile providers.

It must take forever to simply load a web page with 10kbps. I don't know what these people are even thinking.
Website loads fine at 10Mbps. I even hinted the ISP to delete the custom rules they setup based on my router mac id.
I'm waiting for new ISP same as my mobile provider because its great.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on December 23, 2018, 08:16 AM
Website loads fine at 10Mbps. I even hinted the ISP to delete the custom rules they setup based on my router mac id.

At 10Mbps it's OK, but you said the speed was 10Kbps. At this speed loading a web site take forever. Definitely ditch this slow ISP and go with the new one as soon as it's available.

Incidentally, is 5G going to be rolled out in India any time soon. Here in the USA they're going to start implementation in 2019. From what I've been reading this is *truly* the future. It maxes out at 10Gbps, which is faster than a pure fiber connection. Even Google said they're no longer rolling out their famous Google Fiber to cities that don't already have it.

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on December 25, 2018, 05:26 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on December 23, 2018, 08:16 AM

At 10Mbps it's OK, but you said the speed was 10Kbps. At this speed loading a web site take forever. Definitely ditch this slow ISP and go with the new one as soon as it's available.

Incidentally, is 5G going to be rolled out in India any time soon. Here in the USA they're going to start implementation in 2019. From what I've been reading this is *truly* the future. It maxes out at 10Gbps, which is faster than a pure fiber connection. Even Google said they're no longer rolling out their famous Google Fiber to cities that don't already have it.
5G has worse range which you may know already. They are good for short range very high speed comm link with MIMO.
I already ditched that ISP.
Here the 4G speed on my mom's phone gets around 40Mbps downlink and 2Mbps uplink. My phone does 10-15Mbps downlink and 5Mbps upload on 3.5G or H+.
I will say 4.5G is more than enough for most of them for downloading stuff and for upload fiber optics works for me.