• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

General chat room

Started by Shadow.97, August 06, 2016, 11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

I'm a little more optimistic than you are. Many species, due to efforts of conservationists, have bounced back from near extinction. Off the top of my head are the North American Bison and the Everglades Alligator, and I know there are more. Rest assured the Orangutan will not go extinct any time soon.

On the other side of the coin, species like Ædes ægypti coloquially known as the mosquito, will never make it to the endangered species list. As you know, this species is a vector for diseases like Zika and Dengue.

Shadow.97

Havn't caught up reading all the topics the last days. But it's great seeing the posts.
It'd be really interesting to hear your stories or just discuss things face to face.
Not really sure why I thought about this 6:49 AM.

humbert

Quote from: Shadow.97 on July 17, 2017, 07:50 AM
Havn't caught up reading all the topics the last days. But it's great seeing the posts.
It'd be really interesting to hear your stories or just discuss things face to face.

I'm glad to see you on the forum. You're a brilliant man with plenty to contribute. I hope you'll be here more often. Also, 6:49am is morning for you, I've seen you here at 3:00am, on our about.

So tell us - what's happening in your life? By now you should be done with high school. Are you in college or working at a business? You moved out of your parent's house, right?

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on July 18, 2017, 03:25 AM
Quote from: Shadow.97 on July 17, 2017, 07:50 AM

I'm glad to see you on the forum. You're a brilliant man with plenty to contribute. I hope you'll be here more often. Also, 6:49am is morning for you, I've seen you here at 3:00am, on our about.

So tell us - what's happening in your life? By now you should be done with high school. Are you in college or working at a business? You moved out of your parent's house, right?
4am, currently been talking about Nginx, caddie and ssl configuration with a friend from school.
I started university, but it became way too much for me, and my mind just couldnt handle it. I ended up coming back home(which I really hate, I don't like it at all here.)
I've applied for another local university and I'm going to have 1 year of "Basic studies" (Physics, maths, and such.) This will allow me to apply for even more universities. One of the main reasons I applied for the other courses last year was because I just didnt have high enough pre-education.
Preferably I want to start working, but the places I have a chances to work at is nothing I want to work with for an extended amount of time.

I've started a tech blog, but it's currently very empty. I might share it when it has more things on it.

Why I'm awake during night? Because I'm awake for around 18 hours, sleep 10. So my "awake" time always switches. I try to be awake between 4pm and 6pm because otherwise my parents get very upset at me. I also usually try to be awake at around 5 am and 8am just because there's a few people I like talking to that are usually on at those times.

humbert

I'm surprised that your pre-education wasn't good enough. As far as I know, and correct me if I'm wrong, Sweden imposes high standards on the educational system. I'm glad you plan to continue studying. Simply having some sort of diploma on the wall is more important than you realize. Living with your parents must be horrendous, hopefully one of your goals is financial independence so you can leave ASAP.

I'd been meaning to ask you something. I heard on the news that Sweden is planning to impose mandatory military service beginning with citizens born in 1999. You're safe because you were born in 1997, but I believe you once said you had a younger brother. What's with that?

scarface

Tonight, I'm going to give you a brief overview of the news in Palestine, since something important happened today.

Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas says the Palestinian leadership will freeze contacts with Israel on all levels until Tel Aviv reverses its recent security measures against entering Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem.

Three Palestinians were killed and more than 200 injured by Israeli occupation forces today after Israeli police attacked worshippers outside Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem following Friday prayers. Three Israelis were killed as well.

According to various media reports, Israeli police used both live and rubber bullets as well as tear gas to disperse Palestinian protesters after the prayers ended. 

On Thursday, Israeli occupation police said they were barring men under 50 from entering Jerusalem's Old City for Friday Muslim prayers as tensions rose over new Israeli security measures at mosque.

Last Friday, Israel closed Al-Aqsa Mosque to worshippers seeking to perform Friday prayers for the first time since Israel occupied east Jerusalem in 1967 to install metal detectors at entrances.

After Israel reopened the mosque on Sunday Palestinians refused to enter Al-Aqsa through the detectors, with hundreds camping around the premises throughout the week to protest Israeli actions.

If you are currently somewhere in Palestine, I advise you against going near Al-Aqsa mosque, it's too dangerous.

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on July 20, 2017, 03:18 AM
I'm surprised that your pre-education wasn't good enough. As far as I know, and correct me if I'm wrong, Sweden imposes high standards on the educational system. I'm glad you plan to continue studying. Simply having some sort of diploma on the wall is more important than you realize. Living with your parents must be horrendous, hopefully one of your goals is financial independence so you can leave ASAP.

I'd been meaning to ask you something. I heard on the news that Sweden is planning to impose mandatory military service beginning with citizens born in 1999. You're safe because you were born in 1997, but I believe you once said you had a younger brother. What's with that?
No younger brother; just 1 older.
But I have cousins who were born after 1999. No clue what's going to happen with them.
I'm a bit more worried about my Iraq'ian friends who live and study here. Thinking that they may be forced to do military service. They all talk about how they want to go back to their home country ASAP after the war has calmed down. Saying that they dont feel like they have close friends and such here.

humbert

Quote from: Shadow.97 on July 24, 2017, 10:04 PM
No younger brother; just 1 older.
But I have cousins who were born after 1999. No clue what's going to happen with them.
I'm a bit more worried about my Iraq'ian friends who live and study here. Thinking that they may be forced to do military service. They all talk about how they want to go back to their home country ASAP after the war has calmed down. Saying that they dont feel like they have close friends and such here.

Regarding anyone you know who might be subject to military conscription, remember the chances of them being sent into combat are slim to none. They'll probably spend all day target shooting or hiking. Come to think of it, when was the last time the Swedish armed forces were in real combat? Was it when you guys were trying to hold on to Finland or what? Oh.. and before I forget. The news report said both men AND women would be subject to conscription. With girls around it might not be all that bad. :)

Regarding your Iraqi friends, let me as -> are they refugees or Swedish citizens? I don't know how Swedish law works, but it most countries it is citizens and not foreigners who must serve in the military. With respect to them being homesick, why can't they go back? Iraq is winning the war against ISIS. The country has its problems but at the present time it's stable enough for them to return, at least for a visit.

scarface

Tonight, I'm going to talk about the obamacare repeal.

"3 Republicans and 48 Democrats let the American people down. As I said from the beginning, let ObamaCare implode, then deal. Watch!" Trump tweeted just before 2:30 a.m. on Friday.

President Trump early Friday morning blasted lawmakers for failing to pass the Senate GOP's "skinny" ObamaCare repeal bill, doubling down on his past call to "let ObamaCare implode."

The Senate voted 49-51 against the skinny bill, which would have repealed ObamaCare's individual and employer mandates and defunded Planned Parenthood.

Following the bill's defeat, it is unclear what happens next or where the Republican repeal effort can go.

Trump ran on the promise of repealing and replacing ObamaCare and has been pressuring Republicans for months to put forward and pass a repeal bill.

humbert

I like your comparison of Trump and a monkey beside him. Trump cares nothing about the American people. He's trying to get rid of insurance subsidies for the people in order to fund tax cuts for the rich.

Today he made the idiotic mistake of saying that he would not rule out military action with respect to the crisis in Venezuela. In doing so he has given Maduro a great gift -- an enemy! Trump seems to think that everything can be solved by threats and intimidation. He is a disgrace to this country!