• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

General chat room

Started by Shadow.97, August 06, 2016, 11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

Quote from: humbert on March 13, 2021, 04:06 AM
Let's make something clear. I did NOT insinuate that this would not succeed. I asked a simple question: how do you get people to accept Scarcoins? Do you have a plan for that? I just find it a little hard to believe you (or anyone) would try to create a product without first seeing who'd be interested in buying it.
Well I don't need sarcasm. I never talked about scarcoins.
I think I wanted your help. I'm trying to get my father's estate settled but there are debts and  things don't work out the way I wanted them to.
Note that if you want to donate 100 bitcoins, my address is 13dxCArrziB7GxatUzNKtds5RR4xa6MSD5

humbert

Quote from: scarface on March 13, 2021, 08:38 PM
Well I don't need sarcasm. I never talked about scarcoins.

No sarcasm. As I recall when you came up with the idea you were looking for a name. 'Scarcoins' sounds ideal. Nobody else has it and it was Scarface's idea. If ever you manage to get this project off the ground, that's the name I vote for.

I think I wanted your help. I'm trying to get my father's estate settled but there are debts and  things don't work out the way I wanted them to.

I don't know of anybody who thinks the money they have is enough. Everyone wants and needs more. All the more reason to follow my advice. To analogize, suppose you decided you could bake and sell pastries. The first thing to do is find out who would buy them and at what price. Without this information you're dead in the water.

Note that if you want to donate 100 bitcoins, my address is 13dxCArrziB7GxatUzNKtds5RR4xa6MSD5

Let's see something. Today's (14/3/2021) conversion rate is 1BTC = USD$60,180.44 or $50,306.09â,¬ (do the math). If I were a fortuneteller with a crystal ball 10 years ago I would have bought the baddest array of video cards to mine the hell out of Bitcoin. Sadly I don't have those abilities.

scarface

Quote from: humbert on March 15, 2021, 05:16 AM
No sarcasm. As I recall when you came up with the idea you were looking for a name. 'Scarcoins' sounds ideal. Nobody else has it and it was Scarface's idea. If ever you manage to get this project off the ground, that's the name I vote for.
scarcoins doesn't mean anything. In my opinion it would be interesting to keep Bitcoin in the name. Like New Bitcoin.
Those who are mining bitcoin don't earn money because individuals are now competing against powerful mining rigs that have more computing power. Recently, the mining difficulty rate has skyrocketed. When bitcoin was first launched, the difficulty was 1. As of May 2020, it is more than 16 trillion, it gives you an idea how difficult it is to mine Bitcoins and how unprofitable it is. The idea was to build something profitable. If it is profitable then some individuals will mine it. Actually I doubt I have the skills to do that alone anyway, and I doubt anyone on the forum can do that either.

humbert

Quote from: scarface on March 15, 2021, 08:59 PM
scarcoins doesn't mean anything. In my opinion it would be interesting to keep Bitcoin in the name. Like New Bitcoin.
Those who are mining bitcoin don't earn money because individuals are now competing against powerful mining rigs that have more computing power. Recently, the mining difficulty rate has skyrocketed. When bitcoin was first launched, the difficulty was 1. As of May 2020, it is more than 16 trillion, it gives you an idea how difficult it is to mine Bitcoins and how unprofitable it is. The idea was to build something profitable. If it is profitable then some individuals will mine it. Actually I doubt I have the skills to do that alone anyway, and I doubt anyone on the forum can do that either.

I like the name, but if you don't we can call it something else. With respect to the present difficulty of mining Bitcoin, it makes perfect sense given the present-day exchange rate. When I upgraded my system just recently, I wanted to upgrade my GTX-970 graphics card to something better. Forget it! The price is extremely high, and this is assuming you can even find a high end graphics card.

If this project is to ever get off the ground, someone would have to write the mining software AND sell the idea of accepting our coins to vendors. Otherwise there's nothing to do, at least not for now.

scarface

Well, tonight I'm writing a new message here to talk about miscellaneous things.

First off I found a video about the different endings of The room 3. If shadow.97 or usman are playing this game they will probably need clues to find them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCgI33elozU
I wanted to know what you think about these phones: Samsung s21 and Samsung A52? I'm still using my old Samsung S6, which is now almost 6 years old, but I could buy a new one with interesting prices. I'm not really interested in 5g anyway.

humbert

Quote from: scarface on April 15, 2021, 10:33 PM
I wanted to know what you think about these phones: Samsung s21 and Samsung A52? I'm still using my old Samsung S6, which is now almost 6 years old, but I could buy a new one with interesting prices. I'm not really interested in 5g anyway.

I've been a Oneplus guy for a while now. Somewhere recently I saw a head-to-head comparison of the OnePlus 9 Pro vs Samsung's S21. If I had to make a choice I'd probably go with the Samsung despite it being $200 more expensive.

Even if 5G is not available in your area, there is no question it's the future. Electronic devices are designed to become obsolete pretty fast. At least a 5G phone is going to last maybe a few more years. To give you an idea, I read that at least in America there are several cell providers that said that beginning in 2022 3G and lower signals will be turned off.

scarface

Note that President Macron was attacked during a trip to the Drôme.
In the excerpt posted on Twitter, Emmanuel Macron is seen approaching a group of people massed behind barriers, then exchanging briefly with a man. Seizing the forearm of the president, the individual seems to strike him then on the cheek, the entourage of Emmanuel Macron evoking an “attempted slap”. The head of state continued his visit, said the Elysee.
In this same video, just before the slap, is screamed the royalist war cry “Montjoie Saint Denis!”, As well as “Down with macronie”.
Two people were arrested, the prefecture announced shortly after the incident.

The war cry "Monjoie Saint Denis" probably reminds Vasudev and Maher of a movie. If you haven't watched it yet, it's here: https://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=1023.msg35829#msg35829

scarface

For those who want to watch Roland Garros, here is a link: https://fr4.sportplus.live/tennis/60873/1839405/

scarface

Note that you don't have hd quality with the link above. If you want to have a better quality, you can check this link if you have an account: https://www.france.tv/sport/tennis/roland-garros/2511305-le-direct-du-vendredi-11-juin.html

Daniil

BTW, friends, are anyone of you already vaccinated against Covid19? And what vaccine did you use?