• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

General chat room

Started by Shadow.97, August 06, 2016, 11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

QuoteIm glad this topic was started.
At least I made someone happy.

a few words about the stock markets:
As for me, Im happy I sold my hybrigenics shares. Yesterday they fell by 5%.
I only have some coface left, they are soaring and I'm going to sell them soon.
btw this session has been a bumpy ride for the markets: this morning the eurostoxx 50 was climbing by 0.8%, the cac40 by 1% and the dax 30 by 0.6%. But the markets slipped into negative territory...
I still advise you to sell your stocks. Alternatively, or in a purely speculative approach, I advise buying inverse ETFs (short trackers).

Vasudev

Quote from: Shadow.97 on September 01, 2016, 04:35 PM
Quote from: humbert on August 31, 2016, 04:32 AM
I'm glad this topic was started.

With respect to the weather it's not as hot as previous years. I'm anxiously waiting for fall and then winter. It's not as strong as it is in Europe, but at least it's a relief from this hateful heat and sunshine.

Shadow97 - your post prompts many questions. I'm curious about a few things:

Based on what you're telling us, it seem to me you didn't pick an ideal place to move. Was the situation at home so bad that you had to leave immediately even if it means sleeping under a bridge?  If not, then is it that you couldn't afford a better place or simply believed it would suit your needs?

By Chinese, do you mean Mandarin? If so, why that language? How do you even practice it in Sweden? Oh, and what exactly is "official" Swedish and how does it differ from regular Swedish?

Scarface - In that dream you had, how did you picture gujjar and ismet?
By chinese I mean Mandarin, and The writing with latin letters. We study with swedish and english literature.
I didnt feel like dealing with the unneccesary stress family was giving me. I do appreciate them, but sice they do not want to change. I have to do this alone.

I do not like killer network. It is just commercial garbage compared to intel.
I do not blame this issue on the killer network though. The QoS, and ping stabilazing has not to my vision ever worked on killer network devices Ive used.
Id prefer a good intel nic and wificard.
I have noticed that when i game and download on my old 100/100 connection I get ping spikes with my killer network but not with the intel nics I have used. If I manually config my killer nic it bottlenecks my uploadspeed.

The issue at this moment is an unreliable connection. Not a bad nic ^^ because I am not utilizing my connection, and its on all my devices.
I had quite the contrary with intel wifi chipsets until you find stable drivers that doesn't disconnect your PC frequently. I'm awaiting my AW 15.

Shadow.97

Quote from: Vasudev on September 01, 2016, 05:57 PM
Quote from: Shadow.97 on September 01, 2016, 04:35 PM
Quote from: humbert on August 31, 2016, 04:32 AM
I'm glad this topic was started.

With respect to the weather it's not as hot as previous years. I'm anxiously waiting for fall and then winter. It's not as strong as it is in Europe, but at least it's a relief from this hateful heat and sunshine.

Shadow97 - your post prompts many questions. I'm curious about a few things:

Based on what you're telling us, it seem to me you didn't pick an ideal place to move. Was the situation at home so bad that you had to leave immediately even if it means sleeping under a bridge?  If not, then is it that you couldn't afford a better place or simply believed it would suit your needs?

By Chinese, do you mean Mandarin? If so, why that language? How do you even practice it in Sweden? Oh, and what exactly is "official" Swedish and how does it differ from regular Swedish?

Scarface - In that dream you had, how did you picture gujjar and ismet?
By chinese I mean Mandarin, and The writing with latin letters. We study with swedish and english literature.
I didnt feel like dealing with the unneccesary stress family was giving me. I do appreciate them, but sice they do not want to change. I have to do this alone.

I do not like killer network. It is just commercial garbage compared to intel.
I do not blame this issue on the killer network though. The QoS, and ping stabilazing has not to my vision ever worked on killer network devices Ive used.
Id prefer a good intel nic and wificard.
I have noticed that when i game and download on my old 100/100 connection I get ping spikes with my killer network but not with the intel nics I have used. If I manually config my killer nic it bottlenecks my uploadspeed.

The issue at this moment is an unreliable connection. Not a bad nic ^^ because I am not utilizing my connection, and its on all my devices.
I had quite the contrary with intel wifi chipsets until you find stable drivers that doesn't disconnect your PC frequently. I'm awaiting my AW 15.
I think there was a new AW 15' that was announced yesterday. :p

I moved into an appartment today. The internet is quite okay, one of the better ISP's. The worst thing so far is not having a wire, and my own router. Ill try to flirt with the appartment owner to fix it somehow.. Oh wait, the absolutely worst thing is that the power in the apartment has no ground..

Current connection. Shared wifi.

Also: IS anyone aware of a method to secure devices from electrical failiure where ground is not present?
I have no way of grounding or wiring because.. well its a rented place in someone elses home. :b
I was thinking of a UPS.. but I doubt it would work. No ground is wired to any of the outlets.
Any ideas?

scarface

Quotealternate fuel sources will be there.
You seem very confident about it. But if it's not the case?
Quotehttp://I remember the gas crises of 1973 and 1979
These were short term crises due to the embargo of Opec and the Iranian revolution. But we're now facing structural crises, with the rapid depletion of the giant oil fields: http://boereport.com/2016/08/29/worrying-about-where-the-next-super-giant-oil-fields-are-is-far-more-important-than-weekly-rig-count-data/

Note that tonight a Palestinian movie will be available on the forum.

humbert

Quote from: scarface on September 02, 2016, 08:04 PM
These were short term crises due to the embargo of Opec and the Iranian revolution. But we're now facing structural crises, with the rapid depletion of the giant oil fields: http://boereport.com/2016/08/29/worrying-about-where-the-next-super-giant-oil-fields-are-is-far-more-important-than-weekly-rig-count-data/

I mentioned the crises of 1973 and 1979 only because at that time experts were saying that even foreign oil would become difficult to obtain as early as the mid 1980's. I know perfectly that oil is a non-renewable resource and that there is only a finite amount available. My point is and has always been that we will not run out of it in our lifetimes. Moreover, by the time that happens alternative technologies will be developed and will be fully functional.

I just saw a TV show on CNN about the crisis in Venezuela. It said that Venezuela has the planet's highest proven oil reserves, and due to the present situation it is mostly unexploited. This was not mentioned in the article.

I am a lover of E85. I installed a kit in my car in order to use it. At this point the price difference between E85 and regular gasoline is not that great. The reason -- the price is gas is too low simply because supply exceeds demand. This is precisely the reason there hasn't been further investment in alternative fuel sources. Not only that. but the oil companies are doing everything in their power to prevent ethanol blending beyond the mandated 10%. They even succeeded in squashing any bill to make all cars flex-fuel. In a way I hope the article is right - it will trigger investment in alternate fuel. Never forget that you can't make more oil, but you can ferment more ethanol.

humbert

Quote from: Shadow.97 on September 02, 2016, 04:01 PM
Also: IS anyone aware of a method to secure devices from electrical failiure where ground is not present?
I have no way of grounding or wiring because.. well its a rented place in someone elses home. :b
I was thinking of a UPS.. but I doubt it would work. No ground is wired to any of the outlets.

Have a look here. Are you saying that your new apartment has only non-grounded Type C plugs instead of Type E or Type F? Let me know if this is what you mean before I ask you some more.

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on September 04, 2016, 04:52 AM
Quote from: Shadow.97 on September 02, 2016, 04:01 PM

Have a look here. Are you saying that your new apartment has only non-grounded Type C plugs instead of Type E or Type F? Let me know if this is what you mean before I ask you some more.
Yes, there are only type C, but there should be F. I've looked around the appartment and there is no ground behind the connectors.

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on September 04, 2016, 04:25 AM
Quote from: scarface on September 02, 2016, 08:04 PM

I mentioned the crises of 1973 and 1979 only because at that time experts were saying that even foreign oil would become difficult to obtain as early as the mid 1980's. I know perfectly that oil is a non-renewable resource and that there is only a finite amount available. My point is and has always been that we will not run out of it in our lifetimes. Moreover, by the time that happens alternative technologies will be developed and will be fully functional.

I just saw a TV show on CNN about the crisis in Venezuela. It said that Venezuela has the planet's highest proven oil reserves, and due to the present situation it is mostly unexploited. This was not mentioned in the article.

I am a lover of E85. I installed a kit in my car in order to use it. At this point the price difference between E85 and regular gasoline is not that great. The reason -- the price is gas is too low simply because supply exceeds demand. This is precisely the reason there hasn't been further investment in alternative fuel sources. Not only that. but the oil companies are doing everything in their power to prevent ethanol blending beyond the mandated 10%. They even succeeded in squashing any bill to make all cars flex-fuel. In a way I hope the article is right - it will trigger investment in alternate fuel. Never forget that you can't make more oil, but you can ferment more ethanol.

Gas is way too cheap, in many forms. Lately it dropped below 5.3 USD per Gallon (or 12SEK per Litre). (95 Octane)
I've came to the conclusion that I'm going to sell my car though. Just because there is no parkingspots in this town, and bus is just plain better here. How I will visit my family or whatever is up to the future to decide! But Yeah. Cars. Cars everywhere and this isnt even a big town. A trip that would take 5 minutes by bike takes around 20-30 minutes by car here.
I honestly wish they would shock raise the price for fuel if you can not prove that you're like a farmer, or truck driver(who depend on prices, Because everyone still need their stuff..)
Ofcourse this would in the short term make the non-city life much harder. Like if you live in sweden alot of our farms are very far from any major cities, and the buses can be around 6 miles away in some cases.

scarface

The truth is, shadow.97, that today we still live in the era of cheap oil. For some reasons, I went to Rungis today, it took me one and a half hours to drive 25 km. With a bicycle, it wouldn't have been longer, quite probably. But in the Paris region, practically nobody is using a bicycle. There is too much traffic, it's make it too dangerous. And driving a car in here, well, it's a rodeo. Once again, I stumbled upon some Syrians in Villejuif, begging right in the middle of the traffic jam. I'm almost certain they are indeed from the Middle East, I mean, there are some Muslims in France, but most of them aren't dressed like them, with long dresses and headscarves. In a normal world, I guess they would not want to be there.
At least some of them seem happy. They are here with their family, like this woman, porte de saint ouen. Personnaly, I have practically no more family, and sometimes I'm wondering if I will ever have some children. If it's to raise them in a world where they are not sure to find a job, or be happy, well, what's the point. I know what humbert will say, that I'm too pessimistic. I was not like that 15 years ago. I was full of hope. But I feel I've aged 20 years. I constantly have dark circles under the eyes. Even Maher would not want to marry me (I wouldn't ask him to shave his beard, I promise). I wouldn't mind marrying a man, but sexually speaking, besides a kiss, well, I would be ill at ease (Maher is going to think I've really gone mad). As for money, I'm pretty sure it doesn't make you happy. I've got more than enough, but it doesn't permit me to feel I'm useful.

PS: I did not take this photo.

Sometimes I wish I was alone, on a desert island, far from the pollution, and in harmony with nature. Maybe with Maher, you, and usman, and a few butterflies.

Shadow.97

Quote from: scarface on September 05, 2016, 10:16 PM
The truth is, shadow.97, that today we still live in the era of cheap oil. For some reasons, I went to Rungis today, it took me one and a half hours to drive 25 km. With a bicycle, it wouldn't have been longer, quite probably. But in the Paris region, practically nobody is using a bicycle. There is too much traffic, it's make it too dangerous. And driving a car in here, well, it's a rodeo. Once again, I stumbled upon some Syrians in Villejuif, begging right in the middle of the traffic jam. I'm almost certain they are indeed from the Middle East, I mean, there are some Muslims in France, but most of them aren't dressed like them, with long dresses and headscarves. In a normal world, I guess they would not want to be there.
At least some of them seem happy. They are here with their family, like this woman, porte de saint ouen. Personnaly, I have practically no more family, and sometimes I'm wondering if I will ever have some children. If it's to raise them in a world where they are not sure to find a job, or be happy, well, what's the point. I know what humbert will say, that I'm too pessimistic. I was not like that 15 years ago. I was full of hope. But I feel I've aged 20 years. I constantly have dark circles under the eyes. Even Maher would not want to marry me (I wouldn't ask him to shave his beard, I promise). I wouldn't mind marrying a man, but sexually speaking, besides a kiss, well, I would be ill at ease (Maher is going to think I've really gone mad). As for money, I'm pretty sure it doesn't make you happy. I've got more than enough, but it doesn't permit me to feel I'm useful.

PS: I did not take this photo.

Sometimes I wish I was alone, on a desert island, far from the pollution, and in harmony with nature. Maybe with Maher, you, and usman, and a few butterflies.
I must ask, how come you stay in Paris? For me, it really seems like it is not the optional place for you to be.
Money doesn't make you useful, what you use money for, makes you useful. Sadly.

Personally I have a very small amount of interest in reproduction. I am more up for adopting, and helping the people who already exist.
I wish I could afford a plot of land, and have a solar farm, with water collection and my own food production.  I made an approximation of 300 000 Euro would be needed for such plans, including some life luxury such as a fridge, some machines etc.