• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Financial news and stock markets.

Started by scarface, February 26, 2015, 08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow.97

My father informed me that he today paid 27.2 SEK (â,¬2.50) for 1L of Diesel.
Price of Diesel in Ireland is â,¬1.829 per 1L.

In USD/Gallon that is:
Swe:
1 Gallon = $10.35
Ire:
1 Gallon = $6.92

humbert

The price of gasoline is out of control. And all because of one tin-plated deranged dictator.

I'm seriously considering getting myself a hybrid. From what I read, hybrids are ideal for trips inside the city. I envy those of you who live in [for example] Paris where you don't need a car. The metro is ideal and it's all you need.

Fortunately for the deliveries I do on the side, we're not yet at the point where what I spend on fuel is greater than the money I make. I get paid only when I deliver, in the mean time while I wait the car is parked. And of course this is only something I do on the side. I get a pension from the government with full health care benefits.

Daniil

Quote from: humbert on March 09, 2022, 06:22 AM
The price of gasoline is out of control. And all because of one tin-plated deranged dictator.

Quote from: Shadow.97 on March 08, 2022, 04:59 PM
My father informed me that he today paid 27.2 SEK (â,¬2.50) for 1L of Diesel.

Quote from: humbert on March 08, 2022, 04:50 AM
Tell me about it! To fill the gas tank today cost me $42.

Quote from: scarface on March 06, 2022, 12:31 PM
Maybe you can use a bicycle...

Kekekekeke!.. [spiteful russian sounds] ;D Feel the pain to be Russian!

If seriously - it's sad that all this strikes all of you this hard.

Quote from: humbert on March 04, 2022, 06:03 AM
And NO, the west did NOT "win" the cold war.
I'll answer to this quite later, mr. Humbert. I want a notice, that you are under effect of your american propaganda as well as many of older people here in Russia are under effect of our propaganda. The difference only in quality of methods - US propagandists works much more subtlety than our oak-crackers.

Shadow.97

Quote from: Daniil on March 10, 2022, 06:05 PM
Quote from: humbert on March 04, 2022, 06:03 AM
And NO, the west did NOT "win" the cold war.
I'll answer to this quite later, mr. Humbert. I want a notice, that you are under effect of your american propaganda as well as many of older people here in Russia are under effect of our propaganda. The difference only in quality of methods - US propagandists works much more subtlety than our oak-crackers.

On a mention of this, I've caught myself red handed falling for propaganda from both west and Rus/China during the current events. Made me sad to realise.
I've also tried keeping my mouth shut to the greatest extent, as I believe that most people I stumble upon are quite educated and knowledgable.

humbert

Shadow: ANYBODY can fall for propaganda and/or believe a lie. For propaganda to work it must (1) be kept simple so anyone can understand it, and (2) based on constant repetition. Reliable information in the news is often hard to get. It comes down to what lie you want to believe. Even so, give yourself credit - you are easily one of the most brilliant people I've had the pleasure of knowing. This is, of course, not to belittle others on our forum.

Quote from: Daniil on March 10, 2022, 06:05 PM

In order for me to respond correctly, please give me a more accurate definition of "American propaganda" and why you believe I'm under its influence.

I should also mention that my comments on the west NOT winning the cold war are MY personal opinion based on the facts I have. Many Americans, including people high in the government, do not share my opinion.

scarface

Today, I'm going to give you a brief overview of the stock markets.

This morning, the cac 40 is down 1,2%. The traders are worried about the sharp rise in oil prices. Over the past week, oil prices climbed by 20%.
I can only advise humbert to make his deliveries with a bicycle (some are running with electrical assistance).

humbert

Quote from: scarface on March 23, 2022, 03:21 PMI can only advise humbert to make his deliveries with a bicycle (some are running with electrical assistance)

Unfortunately that's not an option. Distances too long, orders too hard to carry :). The price of fuel has gone down. Oil was down to approx $95 a barrel and as of this writing is back up to $116. Today I bought gasoline at $3.67 per US gallon, or  $0.97 per liter. I'm thinking the price drop is due to production increases from other sources as well as releases from the strategic petroleum reserves.

I use an app called Oil Prices. Not only does it have the price of oil but all other commodities as well. If you have an Android phone I can send you a copy of the APK file.

Daniil

First time in my life, prices for gasoline in Russia going low. It's strange to see this.

humbert

Quote from: Daniil on April 03, 2022, 02:03 PMFirst time in my life, prices for gasoline in Russia going low. It's strange to see this.

This is not just a Russian phenomenon. The price of gasoline here is also down. Here in San Antonio gasoline maxed out at $1.054/l - today I bought gas at $0.927/l. This despite the fact that oil went up a bit from the past few days.

Also keep in mind Russia has plenty of oil and their overseas sales have dropped due to the sanctions.

scarface

Today, I'm going to give you a quick insight into the financial markets.

European stock markets traded lower Wednesday, weighed by the likely imposition of new Western sanctions on Russia as well as concerns of aggressive monetary tightening by the U.S. Federal Reserve.

The European Commission has already proposed new sanctions including banning Russian coal imports and halting trade worth nearly 20 billion euros ($22 billion), and the White House said late Tuesday that its new measures will target Russian banks and officials and ban investment in Russia.

Russia's invasion of Ukraine and the sanctions already levied by the West as punishment have roiled markets, causing sharp rises in commodity prices, prompting fears of sharply slower growth this year.

German factory orders fell 2.2% on the month in February in the runup to Russia's invasion of Ukraine, falling for the first time in four months and underscoring concerns over weaker growth in Europe's largest economy.

Also, dragging on the European markets are set to receive a negative handover from Asia and Wall Street after comments from Fed Governor Lael Brainard raised expectations of aggressive interest rate rises by the U.S. central bank, added to by hawkish comments from Fed Governor Lael Brainard, normally seen as one of the more dovish members of the central bank policymakers.

This puts the focus firmly on the release later Wednesday of minutes from the Fed's last policy meeting, with investors looking for clues over the likelihood of a 50 basis point hike at the U.S. central bank's next meeting in May.

In this context, the cac 40 is down 1.81%.