• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Financial news and stock markets.

Started by scarface, February 26, 2015, 08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniil

Quote from: humbert on November 22, 2022, 05:53 AMI'm looking at the map and unfortunately Сaнкт Петербург is very far north. To drive from there to Georgia or Khazakstan will take forever assuming it's even possible. Ukraine itself is closer.
It's Russia, mr. Humbert, here is no short or straight ways.

Quote from: humbert on November 22, 2022, 05:53 AMDo you have access to news agencies in the UK. If so, check out https://metro.co.uk/2022/09/16/ukrainians-giving-russians-secret-surrender-cards-to-help-them-escape-17388513. This article is dated 06/09/2022. If you can't access it then try Google Images and type "Ukrainian surrender card". There are surrender instructions and even a phone number to call. Ukrainians are mad only at pro-Putin militants who pillage their country and harm their people. They have compassion for Russian soldiers who are against the war and want to give themselves up. They are seen as victims, not perpetrators. Naturally doing this will not be easy and is the very last resort. Try to hide or get out so you won't even need to try to call Zelensky.
Thank you very much. That may be useful thing. By the way, it's very interesting way how they "restrict" information now. Sites for news agencies from UK are totally not restricted if you get there directly. But in russian news we only hearing about how LGBTQ+ humiliating europeans and how many times Biden lost consciousness at last briefing. Looks like this is on what modern propaganda basing - common people can not imagine something which is not in news. ;D

humbert

Quote from: Daniil on November 22, 2022, 02:03 PMThank you very much. That may be useful thing. By the way, it's very interesting way how they "restrict" information now. Sites for news agencies from UK are totally not restricted if you get there directly. But in russian news we only hearing about how LGBTQ+ humiliating europeans and how many times Biden lost consciousness at last briefing. Looks like this is on what modern propaganda basing - common people can not imagine something which is not in news. ;D

Propagandists since the beginnning of time have used the same scheme as Joseph Goebbels -- propaganda is simple so the masses can understand it, and with endless repetition. If anything, he proved that any lie when repeated again and again will be believed. This is why Hitler and Putin both made it impossible to listen to the foreign press - to make sure nobody knows the truth and/or questions their propaganda. This is so effective that even Hitler and Stalin actually believed their own propaganda! Naturally the news items being reported by Putin (Biden & LGBQT) are total lies. Putin is probably gay himself and hates that about him. Similarly, there's every reason to believe Hitler was ¼ Jewish.

Were you able to see a picture of the surrender card on Google Images? If not, let me know and I will post a copy here on the forum so you can see what Putin doesn't want you to know.

Daniil

Quote from: humbert on November 23, 2022, 06:05 AMWere you able to see a picture of the surrender card on Google Images? If not, let me know and I will post a copy here on the forum so you can see what Putin doesn't want you to know.

Yes, I found it, and already copied it. Thank you very much for the information, it could be useful.

Shadow.97

Quote from: Daniil on November 24, 2022, 12:26 PM
Quote from: humbert on November 23, 2022, 06:05 AMWere you able to see a picture of the surrender card on Google Images? If not, let me know and I will post a copy here on the forum so you can see what Putin doesn't want you to know.

Yes, I found it, and already copied it. Thank you very much for the information, it could be useful.
Please ensure you have a way to contact people without your own phone as well a little paper of most important friends/family numbers.
Be aware that they might be searching your phone and papers, so if you have the 'give up' number they might get on bad terms with you. For your own safety, please practice the number in before hand so you do not need a paper or your own phone for it. If you plan on needing to use it.

The last few days I've been texting with a penpal in China, and even if she has a lot of outside news from screenshots etc she does not have the full picture due to network/news blockages.

As I understand it, she is under the influence that Ukraine attacked russia, provoking the war. She was very surprised when I told the story that last weekend I had ukrainians in Ireland come up to me and ask for help. This was as I was doing my laundry, because they hadnt found a place to live and wanted help searching. She didnt think that much people at all had fled Ukraine.

Even though there is less ukrainians now in my area, theres still a good chunk of them. Im assuming they're starting to find places to stay or live rather than being accomodated in hotels and other short term accomodations.
My experience so far has been very good with the ukrainians here. Especially if you compare it to immigrants/refugees from other places of the world.
Even though most of them want to go back, they are not intentionally trashing the place.

Daniil

Quote from: Shadow.97 on November 25, 2022, 01:31 PMPlease ensure you have a way to contact people without your own phone as well a little paper of most important friends/family numbers.
Be aware that they might be searching your phone and papers, so if you have the 'give up' number they might get on bad terms with you. For your own safety, please practice the number in before hand so you do not need a paper or your own phone for it. If you plan on needing to use it.
They just take all and any phones and papers from enlisted. So if you are enlisted you have no good way to contact anybody. Only way to get communication is if your relatives could give you a phone after you departured to the training camp (if the camp is near your city and guards are bribed). So best way to keep any info is your memory.

Quote from: Shadow.97 on November 25, 2022, 01:31 PMThe last few days I've been texting with a penpal in China, and even if she has a lot of outside news from screenshots etc she does not have the full picture due to network/news blockages.

As I understand it, she is under the influence that Ukraine attacked russia, provoking the war. She was very surprised when I told the story that last weekend I had ukrainians in Ireland come up to me and ask for help. This was as I was doing my laundry, because they hadnt found a place to live and wanted help searching. She didnt think that much people at all had fled Ukraine.
AFAIK, in China people aren't care about anything going around the China. Because there is alot of them, and they have enough of their internal problems.

humbert

Quote from: Daniil on November 25, 2022, 02:58 PMThey just take all and any phones and papers from enlisted. So if you are enlisted you have no good way to contact anybody. Only way to get communication is if your relatives could give you a phone after you departured to the training camp (if the camp is near your city and guards are bribed). So best way to keep any info is your memory.

From the information we have a critical reason Putin's army is doing so badly is rampant corruption at ever level. If Putin treats people like dirt, pays them next to nothing, and shows no respect at all, what else can you expect? HE is the one responsible for this problem, not the people of Russia. They are just victims.

scarface

Today, I'm going to give you a brief overview of the stock markets.

A little crash took place yesterday as U.S. stock indexes closed sharply lower on Thursday, with each of the major averages suffering their biggest daily percentage drop in weeks, as fears intensified that the Federal Reserve's battle against inflation using aggressive interest rate hikes could lead to a recession.

The U.S. central bank hiked rates by 50 basis points (bps) on Wednesday as was widely expected, downsizing from the consecutive 75 bps hikes at its prior four meetings, but Fed Chair Jerome Powell warned recent signs of inflation were not enough to convince Fed the battle against rising prices had been won.

The Fed projected continued rate hikes to above 5% in 2023, a level not seen since a steep economic downturn in 2007.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 2.25%, to 33,202 ; the S&P 500 lost 2.49%, to 3,895 ; and the Nasdaq Composite dropped 3.23%, to 10,810

In France, the CAC 40 declined 3.09% to 6520 to hit a new 1-month low, while the SBF 120 index lost 2.95%. Note that I'm expecting the cac 40 to go below 6400 before investing again in the market. Today, the cac 40 is declining 1.20% to 6440 points.

The Atos share keeps falling. I talked about it a few months ago.
I still advise against buying it.

Daniil

Hello, friends!

I must report to you that I'm (yet) in good health (except mentally - my mind blown up multiple times and I'm totally mental now). But situation here inside Russia slowly going to hell. I have compared prices for common goods (bicycles, electronics, clothes, cars) now and which was 10 years ago. And, prices grown 10 (f*cking TEN!!) times. And they grown three times during previous year.

Internal political situation stable - SNAFU. Putin's politics became purely fascist. Orthodoxal obscurantism, mixed with slavic paganism, slowly replacing common propaganda. Putinism ideologists and futurologists seriously talking about building neo-feodalistic system with inverted lending (in meaning lending system in medieval sence, with building eco-villages for priviledged and enslaving everyone else in big industrial cities). This s*it slowly leaking from the internet even into official TV channels.

News from outside world are also "twisted". In internet they didn't block foreign news sources, but russian news sources generates so many articles that any western news are loosing in that flow. On TV everything as before - wild and rageous propaganda.

As far as I understand, they want to make from Russia something like Iran.

Now I'm ashamed to be russian.

I'm working hard on getting out of here.

scarface

Hi Daniil,

According to you:
Quote from: Daniil on February 25, 2023, 10:25 AMAs far as I understand, they want to make from Russia something like Iran.
The Russian and Iranian regimes are getting closer in the war they are waging indeed, one against Ukraine, the other against its own people, where cruelty and violence are adorned with identity and religious alibis. But they also differ from each other since Iran is a theocracy and Russia seems to be something between a republic and a dictatorship (due to its propaganda notably).
Even before the war in Ukraine I remember that the channel RT France - RT for Russian today - (which has been closed in France and its French journalists laid off), was obviously a propaganda tool for the regime. It became worse after February 2022 when its guests were stating that the economy of Russia was booming (despite the international sanctions) and that the war in Ukraine was legitimate due to the threat posed by Ukraine for the whole region and the world. It seems that its guests were carefully selected for their approval of the Russian policy.
To my knowledge, there is no similar media outlet for Iran, Saudi Arabia, or Palestine, praising the decisions of its leader, in France.

Quote from: Daniil on February 25, 2023, 10:25 AMNow I'm ashamed to be russian.
I don't think you need to be ashamed.
Russia is the largest country in the world, and present-day Russia is the result of a unique history and geography. If the 20th century made it a superpower during the Cold War era, the retraction of its space at the same time as its power has sown confusion in the national imagination. This probably explains why Vladimir Putin's Russia, while having the desire to seduce the world (the 2014 Sochi Olympics for instance), does not hesitate to use force (Chechnya, Georgia, Crimea) and gives in to authoritarian temptation (control of the media, restriction of freedoms), as in the time of the Soviet model.

Note that I have several books about Russia and its history. you probably know some of them:

Quote from: Daniil on February 25, 2023, 10:25 AMI'm working hard on getting out of here.
Maybe the problem is not to get out but the right question is: is there a better place for you. If you don't speak another language fluently, it can be hard to relocate abroad (let's say you want to go to Egypt, your Russian and English skills won't be of any use there). If you can have a normal life in Russia, despite inflation and political risk (which is not unique to Russia) then I would advise you to stay where you are.

Daniil

Quote from: scarface on February 25, 2023, 11:55 AMThe Russian and Iranian regimes are getting closer in the war they are waging indeed, one against Ukraine, the other against its own people, where cruelty and violence are adorned with identity and religious alibis. But they also differ from each other since Iran is a theocracy and Russia seems to be something between a republic and a dictatorship (due to its propaganda notably).
This is how it's looking from outside, where you are not endept into local news. But when you every day hear that ...
- parliament made a law forced us never use foreign words in official documentation (yes, now in Russia, for computer documentation, we must not use word, for example, "interface". They didn't found a correct word yet. But we with colleagues laughed that it could be "междумордие" - literally "inter-snout").
- public organization, consists from orthodoxal christian mothers, forcing parliament to make a law denying Disney cartoons and anime, because it's a satanic cartoons, forcing youngs to became a homosexualists and made suicides.
- mercenary orgainzation owner, who is slavic paganist, forbids to speak the governors of a big cities in Russia because they are for "western values" (i.e., they are against spents for that war "special operation").
- and so on and so on...

... in that case you start to understand that that's not a dictatorship and that's not about non-democracy laws, the trouble is MUCH worse!

Quote from: scarface on February 25, 2023, 11:55 AMI have several books about Russia and its history. you probably know some of them
From this 3 I heared only about G.Welter's book, but I didn't read it. I read a lot of russian books about our history - and because of this I have no doubts that I must get away from here.

Quote from: scarface on February 25, 2023, 11:55 AMMaybe the problem is not to get out but the right question is: is there a better place for you. ... If you can have a normal life in Russia, despite inflation and political risk (which is not unique to Russia) then I would advise you to stay where you are.
Thank you, friend, I'd get your advice in mind.