• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 7 Support

Started by Maher, June 26, 2011, 07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarface

QuotePosted there was something totally different that what we're reading here on this page
to humbert: didnt understand your question. if you use something as a socks5, obviously your ip will change and you will see weird countries like Romania or Netherlands, where your socks is based.

humbert

@Scarface - I'm having trouble with Imageshack, so please download these 2 images:

http://share.cx.com/wvCNmV

http://share.cx.com/WY3J3F

One is with Firefox as normal, the other is with Tor simply pasting the link in. Check the link and other details to see if I made a mistake somewhere.

S'il vous plaît give me the name of a few sites to put images in for linking or download. I don't know what the problem is with Imageshack.

humbert

OK, let me see if this works:

I guess it worked. Click on the images to see them a little better.

As you can see, the bottom one is the regular one with Firefox. The top one is the one using Tor. I'm wondering why they're different.

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on March 29, 2014, 04:10 AM
OK, let me see if this works:

I guess it worked. Click on the images to see them a little better.

As you can see, the bottom one is the regular one with Firefox. The top one is the one using Tor. I'm wondering why they're different.
Tor uses other peoples internet, so it works like a proxy. It shows YOUR ip apparently, which doesn't really work for me for some reason. If you use a VPN it changes, like to a Romanian ip it will say that you are in romania

iih

Quote from: humbert on March 28, 2014, 03:09 AM
@iih -> How did you obtain my IP address? I went into that web site (ip2location.com) and saw my IP, but nobody else's.

Inquiring minds what to know.
>>>>>OFF Topic
bit late replied,
NObody else knows about all of your information, except yourself and.....
if annoying you simply put this (127.0.0.1 ip2location) or if your FF
user Noscript will help you alot. to learn more go to danasoft/ip2location.
make an account at ip2location if necessary.
sorry for my sig make you all not comfort.
eqso.orari-digital.org:8888 YBØIX

scarface

I still dont understand humbert question. But probably we are not posting in the right topic, our last messages could perhaps be moved, some topics were open for these questions. For information no need to use Tor... I used Firefox when I changed my ip.

humbert

Quote from: scarface on March 29, 2014, 05:07 AM
I still didnt understand humbert question. But probably we are not posting in the right topic, our last messages could perhaps be moved, some topics were open for these questions. For information no need to use Tor... I used Firefox when I changed my ip.

Yes, it probably isn't the right topic. Everything started with me wanting to know why my IP was shown on iih's sig. It then occurred to me his sig might have been a link to a site that does exactly this. To test that theory I brought up Tor and simply pasted the link on FF's address bar. What I got was something totally different.

Enlighten me - what's the best way to change your IP on the fly (e.g., in another tab) without having to install a VPN addon such as hide-myass, or using one of those strange Hide IP progs you see on the torrents?

scarface

First I need to know why you want to do that. Ill answer you in private.

humbert

Quote from: scarface on March 30, 2014, 10:24 PM
First I need to know why you want to do that. Ill answer you in private.

Now I'm confused. What is the big deal about changing the IP address? People do it all the time. In my case I wanted to see if iih's sig would point me to a different ISP if I got on with a different IP. That's why I used Tor. I don't understand why I got something totally different when I entered the link into the Tor browser.

I just remembered I could have done it by accessing http://anonymizer.nntime.com/

chuckens

Just wondering if this will work as "upgrade only" from an xp machine rather than fresh install. Have some very important software on the machine. Thanks