• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Windows 11

Started by Shadow.97, June 17, 2021, 03:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on August 26, 2022, 06:06 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on August 25, 2022, 09:54 PMNice to hear your 5G speed is very good on TMO. I had to call up my carrier to enable LTE CA which pushed my download speed past 100Mbps and 50Mbps upload but they reverted it to 50-60Mbps for no reason.
I might upgrade to Pixel 7 or 7a if any of them are available in India. Wanted to know if network on tensor modem was worse than snapdragon.

Is LTE CA some sort of LTE using higher frequencies? Is there no 5G in India just yet?

I honestly don't think Tensor is better than Snapdragon, or vice versa. I'm not seeing any difference. Then again I haven't run heavy benchmark tests either. Even if I did I'd have to run a test with something a little better than the Oneplus 8 and its Snapdragon's 855
It will combine multiple frequency or bands to net you better Download/Upload. With 2CA I was able to hit 100Mbps down and 50-75Mbps uploads. Actually mine supports upto 4CA so theoretical limit should be closer to 600-700Mbps on good signal.

humbert

Quote from: Vasudev on September 01, 2022, 09:08 PMIt will combine multiple frequency or bands to net you better Download/Upload. With 2CA I was able to hit 100Mbps down and 50-75Mbps uploads. Actually mine supports upto 4CA so theoretical limit should be closer to 600-700Mbps on good signal.

I'm thinking LTE CS is 5G by another name or some upgraded version, maybe using some other frequencies. 5G is designed precisely to combine multiple bands to improve data transfer. Do 2CA and 4CA refer to different frequencies available to you or what?

Vasudev

Quote from: humbert on September 02, 2022, 05:05 AM
Quote from: Vasudev on September 01, 2022, 09:08 PMIt will combine multiple frequency or bands to net you better Download/Upload. With 2CA I was able to hit 100Mbps down and 50-75Mbps uploads. Actually mine supports upto 4CA so theoretical limit should be closer to 600-700Mbps on good signal.

I'm thinking LTE CS is 5G by another name or some upgraded version, maybe using some other frequencies. 5G is designed precisely to combine multiple bands to improve data transfer. Do 2CA and 4CA refer to different frequencies available to you or what?
Carrier Aggregation was present before 5G. 2,4 and 6CA improve a lot and bring 4G closer to wired optic fiber like speeds on the go. There is a battery hit though but unlike 5G it won't be a lot since LTE is mature enough and most chipsets can handle that.

scarface

New versions of Windows 7, 10 and 11 are finally available here for the users of the forum: https://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=14153.msg37204#msg37204

scarface

I know that humbert, Vasudev and Guliver were eagerly waiting for these new versions (link in the previous message). I did not test them, so notify me in the event of a problem.

Guliver

Hello and sorry for not posting lately, I've been busy with all kinds of stuff. Thank you once again Scarface for sharing an up to date build of windows 7 with us. You really are pulling the forum along all on your own these days, that's commendable.

scarface

Quote from: Guliver on September 28, 2022, 07:25 PMYou really are pulling the forum along all on your own these days, that's commendable.
I'm a bit tired too. Actually I left the Hauts-de-Seine lately and moved to Grenoble (I'm living in the southern suburb of the town) but I don't really like this town. I find it incredibly ugly even if there is a stunning panorama (the town is surrounded by mountains, like Islamabad, but I'm sure Islamabad is much prettier). The area in which I used to live was very wealthy. Here I have the impression of living in a ghetto.
If I came here it's essentially because I want to get rid of the house of my mother. This is a big house which needs little renovation and cumbersome furniture has to be moved. If I sell this house, located near Valence, in the Drôme department, humbert might be interested. This a perfect place for a young retiree. This place is very calm and most of the neighbours are over 60. However, to mingle in with the other residents, you have to speak French.

I don't know if I'm going to post many messages in the next few days, but I'll keep the versions of windows updated anyway.

humbert

Quote from: scarface on September 28, 2022, 09:26 PMI'm a bit tired too. Actually I left the Hauts-de-Seine lately and moved to Grenoble (I'm living in the southern suburb of the town) but I don't really like this town. I find it incredibly ugly even if there is a stunning panorama (the town is surrounded by mountains, like Islamabad, but I'm sure Islamabad is much prettier). The area in which I used to live was very wealthy. Here I have the impression of living in a ghetto.
If I came here it's essentially because I want to get rid of the house of my mother. This is a big house which needs little renovation and cumbersome furniture has to be moved. If I sell this house, located near Valence, in the Drôme department, humbert might be interested. This a perfect place for a young retiree. This place is very calm and most of the neighbours are over 60. However, to mingle in with the other residents, you have to speak French.

You left Hauts-de-Seine for no other reason than to try to sell your mom's house? Are you living there now until you finally find a buyer? If that's the case then where to you go after the house is sold?

I don't care how old I get. I will never interact with old people. That is, of course, unless they have the mind of someone much younger.

scarface

Note that new Nvidia drivers are available here:
https://www.nomaher.com/forum/index.php?topic=14153.msg37204#msg37204

PS: to humbert: I will reply via private message later.

humbert

Quote from: scarface on September 30, 2022, 07:15 PMPS: to humbert: I will reply via private message later.

I'll await your reply  :)  :)