• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Elections in Egypt

Started by humbert, May 29, 2012, 02:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Quote from: Maher on June 05, 2012, 08:31 AM
Excuse me guys, I didn't even read the whole conversation.
But I said it, and will always repeat it Ahmad, after all this, people will be dreaming for the time of Mubarak to come back!!
I'm not saying that they love him, nor I'm defending him! He deserves all this happening to him. All I'm saying is people will never feel the same as earlier!
Will never feel safe actually. Don't know how to explain it more, but I hope you got my point.

You are very correct! It reminds me of an old saying I heard someplace: "Politicians are like flies on a bag of garbage. Once you revove them, other flies will take their place". Sure enough, is is the people who must learn to govern themselves and not take abuse from their leaders.

What you said concerning Hosni is very true and reminds of something you hear from, off the top of my head, the people of 3 nations: Nicaragua, Iran, and my native Cuba.

Question: How well off were you during the time of the previous dictatorship?
Asnwer:  Things were bad.

Questions: How are things now that the leadership has charged?
Answer:  FAR WORSE!

I rest my case!

Maher

Quote from: humbert on June 06, 2012, 07:22 AM
Question: How well off were you during the time of the previous dictatorship?
Asnwer:  Things were bad.

Questions: How are things now that the leadership has charged?
Answer:  FAR WORSE!

I rest my case!
That't it! That's what I meant..
100% agree with you Humb.
Please, DO NOT send messages for support! Ask on the forums. Thank you.

http://maherz.softarchive.net/

Ahmad

I know and I agree with you, but I do my best to be optimistic and think of the best from Allah hoping he will accept as you know ; for every rule, there are some out of the ordinary.

I hope Egypt will be one of the unusual and be better [InSha'Allah] as Allah said:
"إن ذلك على الله يسير"  ... "All this is easy to Allah.. "
"وما ذلك على الله بعزيز" ... "Nor is that (at all) difficult for Allah.. "
"فعال لما يريد" ... "Doer (without let) of all that he intends.. "
"لله الأمر من قبل ومن بعد"   ... "with Allah is the command in the past and in the future"

We do what we have to do, and we don't have except Allah for these matters.
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

humbert

Quote from: Maher on June 13, 2012, 03:27 PM
That't it! That's what I meant..
100% agree with you Humb.

You know, every time I see something on the news about Syria, my heart goes out for those people. That Bashar will fall is simply a matter of time. History has taught us that no dictator can stay afloat if he is not able to crush an uprising -- and do immediately and by whatever means. The people fighting Bashar are soldiers who only know how to fight, not how to govern. Moreover, the only thing that unites them is their desire for Bashar's overthrow - nothing else. Once their aims have been met, they'll turn to each other and ask, "what now"?

humbert

Hey Ahmad! I'm posting this here only because for a simple thing like this I just didn't feel it was worth starting another topic. Naturally, if for the future you believe starting a topic is the way to go, please let me know. And of course I'm always interested in your reasons. There are just so many topics it's unreal.

How are things in Egypt with the elections? Have you voted? Do you think Shafik can be defeated?

Here's a question that's causing me confusion. I'd noticed this before on the news and had been meaning to ask you, but never got around to it. Just right now they briefly interrupted the TV for news and they showed scenes of people in Egypt standing in line to vote. What I noticed this time and before is that probably more than half the women on there weren't wearing veils, and no man was looking at them strangely or bothering them. You've already explained the Islamic dress code for women and I realize that it's possible that either the women in that crowd aren't Islamic (maybe Coptic Christian) or that they just don't follow their religion closely. What I find strange was that the place was full of men and no man bothered them. My question: what is the cultural rule regarding women and veils? Also, although this isn't very common over there, in Islam why do some women wear simple veils and others wear those black clothes that have only an opening in front of their eyes so they can see out?

Ahmad

Quote from: humbert on June 17, 2012, 06:53 AM
How are things in Egypt with the elections? Have you voted? Do you think Shafik can be defeated?

Today is the last day to elect between 2 candidates, and I've voted against Shafik.
Sadly, people here seem to be divided.. half for one and half for the other.. So, we wait and see.

Quote from: humbert on June 17, 2012, 06:53 AM
My question: what is the cultural rule regarding women and veils? Also, although this isn't very common over there, in Islam why do some women wear simple veils and others wear those black clothes that have only an opening in front of their eyes so they can see out?

Look dear..
Allah gave us clear instructions to follow in The Holy Qur'an and through his messenger Muhammad [Peace be upon him and all the prophets].. So, we were given orders to do and not to do.

Regarding women dressing, Women were ordered to wear baggy clothes, not transparent and not to expose more than the face and the hands. At the same time, it's not prohibited to cover the face and the hands. [As she wants]. So, the order is in a wide range.. Any clothes apply these conditions, they are good in Islam..

Exposing hair is a sin.. Women must cover their hair.
If you see a woman like that here.. Either she is a christian or she doesn't follow Islam closely. Often she might not be praying as well.
Any woman wearing baggy, non transparent clothes and showing only the face and the hands are applying Islam instructions of dressing.
Women who are covering all their bodies, it's their choice [not obligation in Islam and not prohibited].. Some of them don't want to be seen, specially very beautiful women.

Regarding men, we're ordered not to bother women by words or actions.
Even if the woman doesn't wear as she should, our religion and bashfulness prevent us from staring at them and bothering them. If any man bothers them, then he is a sinner.

At last, instructions are known to everyone, yet we must go wrong sometimes because we're not prophets.. The important thing is to do our best.

Another thing is that in Islam or other religions, you'll find every type in people, beginning from the good to the bad to the ugly.  ;D   - Everyone does what he wants, but he knows. This is the message.. You know the good and the evil.. Do what you want now, but be advised to do your best in good things before that day.

humbert

Quote from: Ahmad on June 17, 2012, 05:22 PM
Today is the last day to elect between 2 candidates, and I've voted against Shafik.
Sadly, people here seem to be divided.. half for one and half for the other.. So, we wait and see.

I was following the news today. Last I heard, the military went as far as to say that it didn't matter who won the election. They also said the elected president would not be in control of the military. This is bad news for Egypt -- what happens everywhere in the world when those you don't control have guns and you don't? Now they're saying they intend to revert control to the elected government at the end of June.... I don't know  :(    There was so much emphasis on this that there was almost no mention who was winning the election.

Regarding your response regarding how women dress and why men don't react any differently, to me it makes perfect sense. Now I understand what's going on. Thanks!

Ahmad

Yes, Morsi wins the elections.

Actually, the military acts well till now.. The elections was good and fair, and the military didn't stand with one against the other and didn't do anything to protesters.

So he did what he should do for now except for one thing.. He declared a new small complementary law to be applied for 6 months until the new complete law is set. We don't know what is behind this, but I hope they complete their work as it should be.

Regarding Morsi, he is now under the big great responsibility, and I ask Allah to help him because he has a lot of corruption to eliminate and a lot of new duties to do.

humbert

It seems to me the military didn't have much of a choice. They knew perfectly they either had to accept their loss in the elections or turn to violence -- which would have led to a brutal downfall in the end. So they decided to simply go the political route. Clearly their backs were against the wall.

Well, now it's Morsi's turn. Let's hope he brings Egypt into prosperity and respects the rights of all Egyptians.

Ahmad

Quote from: humbert on June 25, 2012, 07:17 AM
It seems to me the military didn't have much of a choice. They knew perfectly they either had to accept their loss in the elections or turn to violence -- which would have led to a brutal downfall in the end. So they decided to simply go the political route. Clearly their backs were against the wall.

In my opinion, the military wouldn't think of violence any moment, but I think also as you said.. He didn't want that end but he has no choice except for taking the political route.

You know, since I don't know what is inside their heads, I don't want to misjudge them.