• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

Elections in Egypt

Started by humbert, May 29, 2012, 02:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbert

Quote from: Ahmad on June 26, 2012, 06:20 AM
In my opinion, the military wouldn't think of violence any moment, but I think also as you said.. He didn't want that end but he has no choice except for taking the political route.
You know, since I don't know what is inside their heads, I don't want to misjudge them.

This is exactly what I was thinking. If the military were truly capable of crushing the revolution by any means, rest assured they would have done so by now, and at whatever price. It was when they realized violence was simply not an option what they decided to go the political route. All dictators think this way regardless of where they're from.

Of course it's impossible to go inside anyone's head! This is why we make educated guesses based on whatever facts we have and share them with friends, so they too can share their guesses with us and that way we can all be as close to the truth as possible. It's always like that  :)

Ahmad

Until now, protesters are still in Tahrir.
They want to cancel this complementary law, because why the hell did we do a revolution then elections? .. To make the power finally in the military's hands !!!

I hope they do this thing on the right way and don't cause any trouble because people here won't accept submission anymore.
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

humbert

Quote from: Ahmad on June 27, 2012, 08:07 AM
Until now, protesters are still in Tahrir.
They want to cancel this complementary law, because why the hell did we do a revolution then elections? .. To make the power finally in the military's hands !!!

I hope they do this thing on the right way and don't cause any trouble because people here won't accept submission anymore.

With dictators, you'd think they all went to the same school. Their thirst for power is simply unquenchable and they'll do whatever it takes to get it and keep it even if it means killing many innocent people to do so. Empathy and respect are alien concepts to them. This is, of course, not just in Egypt, it's EVERYWHERE.

I tried to find information about exactly what was going on now, but I haven't had much luck. What are these generals up to now? Did you say crowds are gathering once again at Tahrir Square? Also, did Hosni die or what? Speaking of Hosni, the other day on the news I saw some women outside the hospital carrying his picture. One lady who was interviewed said, "I love Hosni, he's like my father". Incredible but true!

Ahmad

Quote from: humbert on June 29, 2012, 01:46 AM
What are these generals up to now? Did you say crowds are gathering once again at Tahrir Square? Also, did Hosni die or what? Speaking of Hosni, the other day on the news I saw some women outside the hospital carrying his picture. One lady who was interviewed said, "I love Hosni, he's like my father". Incredible but true!

Yes, there are crowds in Tahrir. They want to cancel that complementary law that the military declared one day before the elections. This law makes the power still in the military hands not the president. i.e.   The military must accept any decision or any law first before it's executed. Then, what is the job of the president and why did we do the elections ?!!
But thanks God, there is no violence. Today is Friday and there will be a great protesting in Tahrir every Friday until this law is cancelled.

Regarding Hosni, they say he has a brain thrombus, and his case is critical, but he didn't actually die.

Regarding that woman, she is not a lone. Many here are like her. Some people are not used to live with dignity and freedom. They need to always feel they are subjugated so that they can live !!!
May be because they didn't have a son or a daughter killed or tortured because of Hosni or his system. Or they were living well enough not to complain. But those are minority. The majority of Egyptians were suffering in living, not to mention the other ways of subjugation that were practiced when someone said they were wrong or did something they didn't want.
All of this corruption never appeared on TV, and for that many people are living in a knowledge coma and they need to wake up.
Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.

humbert

Quote from: Ahmad on June 29, 2012, 02:58 PM
This law makes the power still in the military hands not the president. i.e.   The military must accept any decision or any law first before it's executed. Then, what is the job of the president and why did we do the elections ?!! But thanks God, there is no violence. Today is Friday and there will be a great protesting in Tahrir every Friday until this law is cancelled.

Yes, this is exactly what I heard in the news, where I got confused was with the name it has, which I didn't find. You're absolutely right - why did so many martyrs fight and die in Tahrir Square only to create a situation where the military dictators still calling the shots? What the military doesn't understand is that this time they will not be able to stand up to the fury of the Egyptian people and as such, any use of violence will not work. Clearly brutality is their only option if they are to stay in power. I don't think they stand a chance.

Quote from: Ahmad on June 29, 2012, 02:58 PM
Regarding that woman, she is not a lone. Many here are like her. Some people are not used to live with dignity and freedom. They need to always feel they are subjugated so that they can live !!!
May be because they didn't have a son or a daughter killed or tortured because of Hosni or his system. Or they were living well enough not to complain. But those are minority. The majority of Egyptians were suffering in living, not to mention the other ways of subjugation that were practiced when someone said they were wrong or did something they didn't want.
All of this corruption never appeared on TV, and for that many people are living in a knowledge coma and they need to wake up.

When you see a case such as this, it's almost always because this lady or someone in her family either was a member of Hosni's government or otherwise lived very well before the revolution, and somehow they think all this will come back. This is something else that happens all over the world. What's hard to understand is precisely the fact that these people, in their greed, simply look the other way while people are beaten and tortured. As long as they're OK, nothing else matters.