• Welcome to Maher's Digital World.

General chat room

Started by Shadow.97, August 06, 2016, 11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aa1234779

I hope scarface & others enjoyed their holidays and new year celebration however different the circumstances now..
And also hope everyone is well.
Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said “Surah (chapter of) Hud and its sisters turned my hair gray"

Hud (11)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiqxo4UDVfU

humbert

Quote from: scarface on January 04, 2021, 03:48 AM
It was unlikely. But there is an ongoing coup d'état in the United States.
The youtube video with Trump asking Georgia Secretary of state to “find” enough votes to overturn his defeat:

The problem here is that Trump is a delusional tryant who will not accept defeat under any circumstances. He is so crazy he actually believes he won! Fortunately there is absolutely NO WAY he can stage any kind of coup d'état. Every court has denied his attempt to steal the election. This despite the fact that many of the judges who were involved were appointed by him. Every day that passes more and more Republicans in Congress openly challenge Trump's assertions. The military doesn't like him and will not get involved. His last gasp is an old law that allows Congress to question the electoral college's votes. In order for this to work he needs a majority in BOTH houses of Congress - something he will NOT get. The House has a Democrat majority, and more and more Republicans in the senate will not support him, not to even mention Senate Democrats. Don't worry, this election is a done deal and nothing will change the outcome.

scarface

Today, I'm going to talk about Pakistan.

A breakdown in Pakistan's national power grid plunged the country of 212 million people into darkness on Saturday night, officials said.
This is Pakistan's most widespread power shutdown in the country since 2015.

Power cuts are frequent in Pakistan, which has faced a chronic energy crisis for years and has a complex and dilapidated distribution system. Many of its approximately 210 million inhabitants go without power for long hours every day, and the phenomenon worsens during the heat of summer.

A general view shows Pakistan's capital Islamabad during a power blackout early on January 10, 2021.

Shadow.97

I used to mine a few coins that I thought would kick off. None of them did. Some lucky people got insane money even with not so popular coins, such as ZEC.
I have been mining on and off since 2014. But always thought that the bigger coins would fail.
I've caved in and I'm just using nicehash now.

Why?
Mainly to keep my room at a steady temperature. I do not like having 1h of heat, 5h cold, then repeat.
Secondly, I'm not paying the electrical bill. I find the rent here extortionate and I see it as a way to reduce rent.
I dont make big bucks, I only run my gpu on 40~60% power, unless it is icecold, where i temporarily set it to 110% Usually make around â,¬4~6 per day. Which is not a lot, or maybe it is, depending on how you view it and what you compare it to. It's nice when it is passive.

Many of my friends are into mining to some extent. Most of them just run it in the background on their pc, or a laptop that is competent enough. Mainly because they want coins, but dont want the upfront cost of investing in them.

I do not believe in new coins at all at the moment. I see ETH, BTC and maybe some fiat-stabilised coins to hold their places.

humbert

Quote from: Shadow.97 on February 26, 2021, 07:15 AM
Why?
Mainly to keep my room at a steady temperature. I do not like having 1h of heat, 5h cold, then repeat.
Secondly, I'm not paying the electrical bill. I find the rent here extortionate and I see it as a way to reduce rent.
I dont make big bucks, I only run my gpu on 40~60% power, unless it is icecold, where i temporarily set it to 110% Usually make around â,¬4~6 per day. Which is not a lot, or maybe it is, depending on how you view it and what you compare it to. It's nice when it is passive.

I don't understand something. I looked up nicehash in Wikipedia and got at least a remote idea of what is it. What I don't understand is how it keeps your room at a relatively steady temperature. Also, the 4~6â,¬ a day, is this in real Euros or in satoshis?

Isn't there a thermostat where you live? Is it that the owner sets it real low to save money on whatever fuel they're using for heat?

Shadow.97

Quote from: humbert on March 01, 2021, 04:56 AM
Quote from: Shadow.97 on February 26, 2021, 07:15 AM
Why?

I don't understand something. I looked up nicehash in Wikipedia and got at least a remote idea of what is it. What I don't understand is how it keeps your room at a relatively steady temperature. Also, the 4~6â,¬ a day, is this in real Euros or in satoshis?

Isn't there a thermostat where you live? Is it that the owner sets it real low to save money on whatever fuel they're using for heat?
You get it in bitcoin, but it can show next to live conversion rates.
It keeps my room at a steady temperature as my computer outputs heat while it mines.
There is no thermostat, just a timer.
They use gas to heat the house that they burn. We also use a gas stove. Gas heating is likely the most common way to heat houses in Ireland.

In sweden we had a heating tank in the central city that pumped out hot water across town.(Next to boiling). Then you just turned a dial on each radiator to set your heat.

humbert

Quote from: Shadow.97 on March 05, 2021, 04:05 PM
You get it in bitcoin, but it can show next to live conversion rates.

So you're basically mining Bitcoin. Do you convert your satoshis to Euros or keep them in your wallet? I say satoshis because at today's rate, one bitcoin alone would put quite a bit of cash in your pocket.

They use gas to heat the house that they burn. We also use a gas stove. Gas heating is likely the most common way to heat houses in Ireland.

Fortunately I have a gas fired furnace too. I say that because had that not been the case, last month with the freeze we had my electric bill would have gone through the roof. Many people who have electric heat got hit real hard. One day last month it snowed all day nonstop. I have never seen that anywhere in a place located at about 29°30' latitude and 250m in altitude.

In sweden we had a heating tank in the central city that pumped out hot water across town.(Next to boiling). Then you just turned a dial on each radiator to set your heat.

Then how do they bill you? If it was gas they'd bill you by cubic meters. But raw heat that comes from a boiler? I see no other way except by using a calorimeter. Also, is the radiator in an enclosed space with a fan that blows the heat into your house?

humbert

Quote from: scarface on March 08, 2021, 08:27 PM
I think that the knowledge of shadow.97 could be needed if we want to start a new crypto.
I looked at Quickswap. This concept seems interesting to me. It is a fork of uniswap. Apparently it's not mineable: https://www.advfn.com/crypto/Quickswap-QUICK
Now I'd like to know what shadow.97 thinks. Is it feasable? Maybe it would be better to fork Bitcoin because it's more common?
Then what source code to choose?
Once finished, the creators of the new crypto (I, shadow.97, maybe humbert and Vasudev?) would be given some coins. Even here I don't know how to proceed.

How are you going to get people to accept your Scarcoins? If nobody accepts them then what's the point of mining them?

scarface

Quote from: humbert on March 12, 2021, 06:10 AM
How are you going to get people to accept your Scarcoins? If nobody accepts them then what's the point of mining them?
You're right. Even if we dit it, it wouldn't work. Those who invented a crypto with a dog didn't think it would work either.
That's why I deleted the messages about it.

humbert

Quote from: scarface on March 12, 2021, 08:57 PM
You're right. Even if we dit it, it wouldn't work. Those who invented a crypto with a dog didn't think it would work either.
That's why I deleted the messages about it.

Let's make something clear. I did NOT insinuate that this would not succeed. I asked a simple question: how do you get people to accept Scarcoins? Do you have a plan for that? I just find it a little hard to believe you (or anyone) would try to create a product without first seeing who'd be interested in buying it.